Dr. Sean Keem, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Keem

Polyclinic Madison Ctr Ortho

1145 Broadway Seattle, WA 98122

Dr. Sean Keem, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Seattle, WA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of California, School Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic neck surgery, and more.

Dr. Keem accepts

Dr. Keem accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Keem's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Keem's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Keem treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Keem treats this condition more than 90% of his peers

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.4

Dr. Keem?
Dr. Keem's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sean Keem, MD
Dr Keem gave me back my life. I owe him a debt of gratitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
The very best. I had extensive back surgery, S1,L5,L4,L3, L2, and am now totally pain free. I ride bicycle, ski, walk, hike, etc. Dr. Keem is a man of his word!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
DR Keem performed a spinal fusion on my L5-L4 vertebrae. When I awoke from surgery the pain that had been plaguing me for months was immediately gone. He is an excellant surgeon and an excellant person. He takes the necessary time to explain what is going on and what to expect. I would certainly recommend Dr. Keem to anyone who is having back issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
No experience as Dr. Keem was never seen. Bad referral. Never showed for appointment and the information he shared with staff to pass on to me was lies
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr. Keem left out an important detail regarding my prognosis which, had I known, may have made me choose a different path. Instead, I elected to have an artificial disc inserted in my cervical spine. The disc did not set properly due to a bone spur, causing more pain than I originally had. After receiving a second opinion, I am now going to have to have another surgery. Dr. Keem throughout the process never saw me once after surgery. This experience has been frustrating and painful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
N. Gene Erken in Seattle, WA I was very pleased with Dr. Keem's attention to detail and professional approach. He explained what he needed to do and why, and had my complete trust. I've got the feeling back in my hands and no pain!! Great work!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr. Sean Keem was recommended by my personal physician. Dr. Keem reviewed my x-rays and MRI and concluded that my back from T-10 to S-1 had moderate to severe scoliosis. Dr. Keem recommended a procedure the would correct my damaged nerves and scoliosis. Through the surgical procedure, I regained 2 inches in height that was lost and the nerves are repairing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
I had neck surgery 8/17 by Dr Keem and my life is so much better now. I waited about three years too long because I was afraid of the surgery but I’m so happy I found Dr Keem thru a friend. No number of pain meds could keep my pain bearable until after the surgery. I haven’t had a bad migraine since the surgery and usually I had 1-4 per week. He’s caring and really explains the details to you. My husband is so impressed with my results that Dr Keem will be doing surgery on his back too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr Keem diagnosed and corrected the major cause of my migraines and Laryngeal Spasms caused by severely misaligned and arthritic C4, C5 vertebrae. I have had no pain from the surgery and the Cervical (Neck) Implants by "MEDTRONIC" that he used. He is very personable and took the time to understand my overall condition ( unlike other specialist I consulted with prior). Additionally with the removal of a very large Cervical Osteophyte (Bone Spur) on the forward side I am now pain and spasm free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Had back surgery with Dr Keem. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who asked. He did excellent work, explained what needed to happen and why, and had my complete trust. Great surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
The very best care and result. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Great Surgeon! Had back surgery and results were terrific. Thank you Polyclinic for such high quality, state of the art doctors and surgeons. I could hardly walk two blocks and was in continuous pain. 6 weeks after surgery I am out walking 3+ miles pain free. I am 73 years old and this gave me an important part of my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
I suffered worsening back pain and leg pain and weakness for decades. I tried cortisone injections and physical therapy without success. I had spondylolisthesis. Dr. Keem performed a minimally invasive spine surgery that corrected my spondylolisthesis and my back pain and leg problems went away. The nerve pain that used to wake me up is gone. I am planning my ski trip in Austria this winter. That one hour long surgery that left me a two inch faint scar on my side transformed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr. Keem and his team are fantastic. I could barely walk with spinal stenosis and other lower lumbar issues. Dr. Keem evaluated my condition and determined a fusing of L4 and L5 and some clean up work would make me better. He was right! After a 24 hour hospital stay and a walker, I was able to get around the first evening. I am SO MUCH BETTER. Dr. Keem is a miracle worker and I couldn't ask for a better turnout. Thank you Dr. Keem. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Follow up visit after having major back surgery 2 year ago. Everything checked out well. Dr. Keem was pleased with my progress. I was very pleased with his attention to detail and professional approach. Dr. Keem is a highly skilled individual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr. Keem's surgical skills were life transforming for me! I had shooting pains in both legs due to severe spinal stenosis in L3-L5. In two back-to-back surgeries Dr. Keem and his team laparoscopically repaired the lumbar discs and replaced the damaged cartilage. The immediate results were spectacular: no more pain in either leg and the knee I thought might need replacement is now pain free. This is so far and beyond my expectations I can't thank Dr. Keem and his team enough for their efforts.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
My experience with Dr. Keem and his staff for a Posterior Spinal Fusion of L1-5, and more, 6 months ago has been excellent. I interviewed a total of 6 surgeons from three different systems (Polyclinic, independent, Swedish Neurological Institute). Dr. Keem's explanation of his minimally invasive approach was clear, his demeanor calm and reassuring, so I felt he was the best match for me. 6 months later I am in great shape, pain free and no complications. I highly recommend Dr. Keem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr. Keem is very patient, takes time necessary to inform you of problem and options to treat it. Though he is a surgeon, surgery is not his first suggestion to address a problem. He is very competent and answers all questions you have. He never talks down to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
I was diagnosed with lumbar sponylolisthesis at 18. I always had back pain that got worse after the childbirth. The pain became insufferable and it consumed my life. I saw 6 spine surgeons and neurosurgeons. Dr. Keem was my 3rd opinion and I decided to go with him because of his reputation and his ability to listen to my problem carefully and explain the treatment clearly. His surgical option was the least invasive, too. One year after surgery, I am so glad I made the right decision!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?
Dr Keem was prepared with my medical history when I first saw him. He listens well. He told me that he would be the surgeon, not a resident or other colleagues. Result excellent. Pain mostly gone (was told pain would go within 6 mo) & complete healing within a year. Am very happy with results & with ability to walk without a lot of pain. Highly recommend Dr. Keem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Keem, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Keem?

Surgery should rarely be the first option in caring patients with spinal disorders. If patients are left with no other practical option but surgery, I strive to delivery the maximum value through minimal necessary spinal surgery.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1999
1995
1994

• French

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Keem treats patients.

Compare Providers