Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 52

Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hermitage, TN. Dr. Kaminsky has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm and Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Tristar Summit Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kaminsky to book an appointment.

Pinnacle Surgical Partners

New Patient?
Main Office5653 Frist Blvd Hermitage, TN 37076

Dr. Kaminsky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaminsky

Dr. Kaminsky?
What People Say About Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD
Dr Kaminsky is the most wonderful Dr I've ever met. I haven't been to see him in a couple of years but I've sent people to see him and they loved him.
Deborah Wheeler – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Absolutely the finest surgeon to fix a torn rotator cuff, bar none. A total professional! To the point, and all business! I would give him 10 stars! Full rotation and 100 percent in 3 months. Still working on the strength part which he said would come and I have no doubt it will! A wonderful doctor with a no non-sense approach!
Rex Hinkle – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr. Kaminsky is a wonderful surgeon. He performed a rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder in February 2020. My recovery/rehabilitation is going wonderfully. I’ve found him and his staff to be professional but at the same time caring and understanding. He is one of the top rated surgeons specializing in shoulders. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Kaminsky or rate him highly enough. I truly consider him to be a blessing from God. I highly recommend Dr. Kaminsky to anyone who is looking for a surgeon in this field to see Dr. Kaminsky. You won’t be disappointed. Thank you for all you are doing for me. May God continue to bless and keep you Dr. Kaminsky.
P. Thompson – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
I came in to see him because about a year previous, my bicep tendon snapped and tore. Another doctor suggested it would get better without surgery, yet my arm was in severe pain (images showed sever rotator cuff injury as well) and my left arm was getting really bad as well. My sister referred Dr. Kaminsky to me and my primary doctor said that he is the surgeon to see for shoulders. I needed surgery before my left arm became useless as well. Dr. Kaminsky is very friendly, but also to the point. They were ready to get this taken care of before I could wrap my head around it. Let me just say, this was the easiest (even when I had an allergic reaction to the pain meds and ended up in ER), least painful and most successful surgery EVER!!! After the allergic reaction, all I did was take benedryl, and exchange tylonol and ibruprophen and even before my 1 week anniversary of the surgery, I didn't have to take anything for pain...NOTHING! I would recommend him to anyone! And have!
Tina Anderson – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Had an awesome experience with Doctor Kaminsky. He was very caring and professional. I would highly recommend him if you're in the need for shoulder surgery.
Jamie Perry – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Had major issues from injury and previous surgery. Dr. Kaminsky repaired all damage and set me on track for physical therapy to correct movement to 100% in my arm, which another Dr. said I would never have . I highly recommend him. His caring demeanor is an extra. He cares about his patients. I was in tears when I met him from 6 horrific months of pain. From the date of surgery I started feeling better. The entire staff show care and concern from pre surgery details to medical paperwork for work related issues. I love this office. I hope I never need them again, but if I do, I will not hesitate to contact them. I would refer anyone to him without hesitation.
Donna Taylor – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr. Kaminsky did shoulder surgery on me 4 months ago. I work in healthcare/radiology and this surgery and rehab has been the least painful and most successful surgery I have experienced. Dr. Kaminsky is professional and compassionate. He gave me options other than surgery but with the damage to my shoulder the other options did not work for me. I will recommend Dr. Kaminsky and his office to anyone I know who needs shoulder surgery. I have more mobility in my shoulder now 4 months post op than I have had in 20 yrs.
Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Not a fan. I waited about an hour to see Dr. Kaminsky and then got about 3 minutes of his time, where he just told me I needed to go for an MRI and then have another appointment to get the results. At the second appointment (which lasted about another 3 minutes), I was told that I either needed surgery or to do physical therapy. He didn't show me either the x-ray or the MRI that was done. Didn't point out where the problem area was. Didn't give me the pros/cons of each option or a recommendation of what to do. Didn't give me exercises to work on the problem area. Very poor bedside manner. I felt that he didn't care at all about me or my medical problems. I don't need my hand held, but I do want information, so I can make an educated decision for my health. Also, from what I've heard from others that have had this procedure, he severely underestimated the recovery time I would need from surgery. I don't trust him.
Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kaminsky for shoulder surgery. The surgery went well and the post surgery care was very good. Follow-up visit were outstanding. The front office and back offices were great and caring. Dr. Kaminsky made sure that my recovery and rehab were on schedule. Overall, each visit to Dr. Kaminsky's office was amazing. My time in the waiting area was very short and wait time in the exam room was approx. 5 minutes. I will use Dr. Kaminsky in the furture and I will highly recommend him and his staff.
Bill Hutchison – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
My second shoulder experience with Dr. K was as great as my first about 9 years ago, and a knee before that. A concerned professional with staff at all levels to match. Always in and out on time. the Best.
Stanley W. Notestine – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr Kaminsky listens carefully to his patients and treats them with dignity and respect. He gives options for treatment and helps the patient select the best option for their situation. He is simply the best. His surgical techniques are the latest available and he chooses the least invasive methods possible. Dr Kaminsky is mindful of the procedure's cost to the patient as well as the recovery time and cost to the patient. I highly reccomend Dr Kaminsky, particularly for shoulder /rotator cuff procedures.
Jo C. Dermid – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kaminsky and his office. Everyone that I came in contact with was effective, efficient, and above all, caring. Dr. Kaminsky, himself, was able to answer my questions about my knee surgery in such a way that made me feel at ease and confident that I had selected the right doctor for not only my knee but also any other orthopedic issues that I may currently have or develop in the future. He is one of the best doctors that I have ever worked with. I will definitely go back to him with any other orthopedic needs. He has my full confidence.
Evans Martin in Hermitage, TN – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
My husband and I both are Chefs, he gave my husband back his shoulder. My shoulder is healing. I’m sure I will feel the same soon.
Shara Lunn in Nashville , TN – May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr. Kaminsky did an excellent job repairing the damage to my right shoulder 10 years ago so when I hurt my left shoulder I couldn't imagine going to anyone else and did an incredible job with the surgery, had a short recovery time do to his excellent surgical skills. Cant recommend home highly enough. Thank you to his entire team. 1st class
Steve Gaffney in Murfreesboro, TN – May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr Kaminsky’s team is great to work with; educational, informative, confident in repairing SLAP tears. Great culture in the entire office, from the front desk to good Doctor. Highly recommend.
Michael Taylor in TN – Apr 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr. Kaminsky is a thoughtful and caring physician. He has excellent bedside manners! Totally explained all procedures and possible results. Excellent staff as well! Highly recommend!
Terri in Smyrna , TN – Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
Dr Kaminsky specializes in shoulder and sports medicine. He is always well versed in caring for my needs.
Mar 26, 2019
Excellent in every way
C.Cantrell in Lebanon , TN – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
I was having problems with my shoulder after trying to separate a dog and cat fight. Dr Kaminsky has fixed my torn mussel and Rotor along with my arthritis. Now I am able to get back to work on my small house which I have been rehabbing. I am 60 years young. I did everything he told me to do. I went to PT for 2 1/2 months. I am 99.9% back in the game. Can not wait to get at it. The staff are also friendly. It was a pleasure to go to the doctor's office.
Petra in Hermitage, TN – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?
I suffered with shoulder pain for three years. I received cortisone injections from my primary care whiched helped but the pain always returned. Went to Dr. Kaminsky and he listened, ordered tests, and scheduled surgery. It has been less than three months since surgery and I have no pain and feel great.
Kimberly in Hermitage , TN – Dec 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Kaminsky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaminsky?

Dr. Kaminsky accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Kaminsky has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(615) 885-2778Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

Rotator Cuff Tear

Dr. Kaminsky treats Rotator Cuff Tear more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Kaminsky treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 72% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
high

Dr. Kaminsky performs Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment more than 81% of their peers

Dr. Kaminsky performs this procedure more than 81% of their peers

Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)

Dr. Kaminsky treats Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers) more than 80% of their peers

Dr. Kaminsky treats this condition more than 80% of their peers

• Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Restoring health to maximize options throughout a lifetime.

2000