Dr. Sean Jerig, MD

Dr. Sean Jerig, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Male
Dr. Sean Jerig, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Layton, UT and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from University Of Cincinnati / Main Campus in 2010 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, prenatal care, and more.Read his story

1580 W Antelope Dr Ste 290

Layton, UT 84041

• Altius Health Plans
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Health Utah

Learn about Dr. Jerig

See how frequently Dr. Jerig performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

HIV Screening
Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)

Dr. Jerig's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jerig's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jerig "I have an interest in providing quality healthcare for women and their families. I do not believe in doing "surgery for surgery's sake," and I will work with you to build a custom treatment plan that fits your needs, whether it be medical or surgical management of your condition. I am a general obstetrician/gynecologist and can provide treatment and information for all women's health concerns, including routine wellness exams. "

This content was provided by Dr. Jerig "Patients need to be aware that most of their good health outcomes rely on their ability to be self-empowered. While I have many good treatment options available for any given health concern, nothing is as powerful as the patient implementing and maintaining positive change in their lifestyle.

That being said, I also understand it is difficult to make certain changes, and for some patients it is not reasonable to follow all recommendations. Part of my job is being able to listen to my patient's concerns, and help them the best I can to achieve their health goals."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • University Of Cincinnati / Main Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Jerig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jerig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jerig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jerig's Reviews

3.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jerig to family and friends

Dr. Jerig's Performance

Dr. Jerig Says:
"

I appreciate any feedback, both positive and negative, that patients can leave regarding their experience at my clinic.

I understand that sometimes bad experiences happen, and if they do please feel free to rank your visit accordingly, you may also contact my clinic directly if you have a serious complaint.

I especially appreciate it when patients can rank their positive experiences, as these rankings help my clinic to

...

I am a high risk pregnant patient and Dr. Jerig has been taking great care of me. Very patiently takes the time to answer all my questions. Very happy with his care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and allowing me to be a part of your pregnancy experience!

"Absolutely love Dr.Sean Jerig and his staff."He takes care of me, he knows the best and good for me, the best ob-gyne! He take his time to listen to problems and never acts like he is in a hurry. I highly recommend Dr. Jerig he is a good listener, patient to answer questions and concerns, kind...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your comments, Sharon!

Front desk and phone people were great. I did not care for Dr Jerig or his nurse. I did not feel comfortable in his office, he has poor "bedside" manners. I felt he treated me with disrespect, put himself above me intellectually. He also coded my appt as extensive and charged me $70 more than...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

Hi Ms Stewart, I'm very sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with my clinic. I encourage you to contact us by phone, as one of our representatives will be happy to talk with you and address any concerns you may have had with your recent visit.