Dr. Sean Gunning, MD

Practices Dermatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 16 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Gunning was very informative about my skin condition. He knew what the problem was and how to treat it effectively. He has a pleasant manner about him. His front office personnel are a little rough around the edges but are helpful and efficient . Dr Gunning spent an adequate amount of time to explain how to treat my problem.
Author:
Horrible front staff. They are unwilling to help, and find everything tedious. Once in the back, everyone is helpful and very pleasant the way a doctors office should be. I dont know why the front staff has not been replaced.
Author:
Too arrogant and assuming, thinks he's seen it all. Not familiar enough with all skin types, and to willing to blame the patient, he assumes too much and doesn't take the time to ask questions. Never will I visit this practice again.
Author:
I was told today that I would have to pay a $60 office fee upon entering Dr. Gunnings Pikesville Office location and not my private insurance co-pay of $15. Apparently, this was the posted sign, for four years but they had not been asking for it, but now Administration was demanding that they informed all patients. I have no idea what this fee was or ever is, permissiable, absurd, ridiculous, but I will be finding a new doctor and would never recommend him to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Sean Gunning is very professional, knowledge & reliable; he really shows concern for his patients. When my primary care doctor recommend him to me, he recommended the best!
Author:
Ironically I have recommended this doctor to family and friends in the past. Today on my 3rd call for a prescription to be filled, the receptionist, asked "what's up?" and then when she told me "things happen", I told her I will not be back and she laughed at me. I am in health care and customer service for nearly 20 years; not acceptable.
Author:
Very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Sees patients in a timely manner. Usually within 15 - 20 minutes.
Author:
Quick and thorough diagnosis. Keeps appointment times.
Author:
I would & have recommended others to Dr Gunning. He is professional, caring, respectful & knowledgeable. He respects his staff & they respect him. Nowadays Drs, not all are about their title & money, not like back in the old days where patients came first. Dr Gunning reminds me of those days, his patients come first! Every time I see him I get results in 1 or 2 days it's amazing how 2 other dermatologist could not give me these results for @ least a week & a half for the same conditions.
Author:
Terrible office staff. On hold for a long time and usually need to hang up because they don't come back. Staff doesn't call in prescriptions when they say they will.
Author:
Terrible! He was rude & condescending telling me I was causing the red marks on my face myself! He also never looked me in the eye. He misdiagnosed me as having rosacea! Which I knew this wasn't!!! I went to Hopkins dermatology where I got real professional and empathetic patient care and a correct diagnosis of neurodermatitis! From painful nerves that cause terrible itching. I or a special cream prescribed that I get T a compounding pharmacy. I will never forget the rudeness & inaccuracy.
Author:
I spend a lot of time on hold when I call his office for an appointment. I assumed it was because his office was so busy. NOT NECESSARILY SO. I was sitting in the office and his phone rang. The office girl immediately said please hold. She started talking and playing with the other girls in the office Every so often she would look down at the phone (I wondered she was checking to see if they hung up) 3 min. Later I was called back. She still had not answered the call FYI