Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 147 reviews.
Author:
I’m very pleased with everything that Dr Gallagher cares deeply & sincerely for his patients. I gv him 5 stars but he deserves 10! There’s no other Dr. that I’ve had n the past that comes close to his compassion, sincerity & honesty. I’m very happy & satisfied knowing that I CAN TRUST HIM! Along w/his beautiful & wonderful caring staff. May God bless them all for their service & compassion to their patients. With all my heart: Thank u so very much, for all y’all do for me & others.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher was amazing - from initial consult through surgery (still have my post-op to do). He was clear, thorough, patient, positive, and obviously very skilled at what he does. His last words to me before surgery were, "don't worry, you're going to be feeling much better soon." He was right! Also, his staff at ATX Orthopedics is great too. Very easy to work with and super helpful.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher was very thorough in explaining the less invasive process of hip replacement. After a year of pain, injections and PT, it was clear that replacement was the only option. The staff was able to quickly get me scheduled for surgery. Pain was gone almost immediately. 6 weeks later I was hiking again. 10 weeks later cleared for all activity. Amazing support, professional approach, and personal attention. Was our second opinion, the first from a much larger practice that felt more like an assembly line than a doctor. Dr. Gallagher and the staff were wonderful to work with and we highly recommend them.
Author:
Dr.G was awesome!!!! Loved my appointment! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic doctor!
Author:
Been working with Dr. Gallagher for 3 years. I've had 3 meniscus tears too many miles of running fixed by arthroscope the last (meniscectomy 3) by Dr. Gallagher and the recovery was the best of the three. In 2019 had both knees replaced, "Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty"partials performed 7 weeks apart. Dr. Gallagher is down to business. Having been rolled into operating theatre 3 times he is there 100% focused. For my first surgery the recover nurse said Dr. Gallagher had performed her mother's knee replacement with fantastic results. Also vetted through a friend's friend who is a knee parts vendor and he confirmed Dr. Gallagher is top grade
Author:
Dr Gallagher is a very kind and patient physician. I never felt rushed or that he was not listening to my issues. He performed a very thorough examination ensuring he felt he had the right diagnosis. We had a trial treatment that unfortunately did not work. I feel confident he will take care of me during my proposed knee revision. I trust his medical expertise!
Author:
Dr Gallagher was very kind, answered my questions, explained the surgery well. I was impressed at his knowledge & caring attitude. I am still researching the procedure but felt more at ease after consulting with him. I will leave another review when and if I have surgery.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher, I went in Aug. 2018 and returned July 2019 for a right knee replacement. Dr. Gallagher is the best all around Dr. I have ever had the privilege of knowing. He answers all questions and is extremely patient. I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher if you have surgical needs!!!!!
Author:
Dr. Gallagher is wonderful! I had a total right knee replacement day-before-yesterday at 7:30 AM. I was in recovery at 10:00 AM, fully awake. I didn't have general anesthesia, just a nerve block and a spinal. I was up walking around my room by noon. I was discharged yesterday afternoon because I was able to walk 150' and negotiable some stairs. Last night I was able to walk around my house with very little pain. I am amazed at my recovery so far. I won't be 100% for awhile, but my progress so far is quite satisfactory. I have no problem recommending Dr. Gallagher to anyone needing anything done to their knees. And his office staff is just the best, very professional, very caring, and willing to go out of their way to make sure your treatment is well organized. Great experience so far.
Author:
Dr. Sean Gallagher is a great doctor. I went to see him for my knees and shoulder. He recommended knee replacement for both knees. He explained the whole process to me and my daughter. He is very easy going. I felt very comfortable asking him tons of questions that I had and he spent lot of time answering them. I am very confident that my knee surgery will go well and he will do a great job. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Gallagher for your orthopedic needs.
Author:
I went in to see Dr. Gallagher about pain in my right shoulder that has been going on for a few months. After x-rays were taken, he discussed with me my medical situation and luckily, it can be treated with exercise and a pain management OTC drug. I have had a previous appointment with him in 2016, my husband had bilateral hip replacement surgery by him in early 2017, and just the day before my most current appointment my brother-in-law had his right knee replaced. He is an excellent physician and his staff are the most caring individuals. Our family highly recommends him for the types of medical care that he provides.
Author:
Dr Gallagher is a great doctor. He puts your mind at ease with his friendly knowledgeable manner! Getting ready for second hip replacement. Wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Author:
I sought Dr. Gallagher out for a hip problem. He took x-rays and identified the issue immediately. He gave me some exercises to pursue along with encouragement. I liked his easygoing manner with me and appreciated his experience. I was very pleased.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher for anyone seeking advice or surgery for either hip or knee problems. He and everyone on his staff are very helpful and easy to work with.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher did a total knee replacement (TKA) on me in April. After working with another Ortho surgeon on and off for 3 years, who wanted to continue to delay surgery, I couldn't wait any more and found Dr. Gallagher. In short, it has been one of the single best experiences I've had. He put me at ease, scheduled a surgery in 6 days, did a textbook surgery that has been almost miraculous. Off a walker in 2 days, skipped home therapy, off a cane in 3 weeks. Other than swelling that will continue on and off, I'm almost totally healed. There is almost never a wait, his office staff is friendly but professional. I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of time he's willing to spend to answer questions and discussing options. His followup is fantastic. He explains things completely but never talks down to me, a great balancing act. I have already recommended him to several friends and colleagues.
Author:
Dr Gallagher performed a left hip replacement 4 months ago. I had a successful right hip arthroplasty 8 years, however my experience with Dr Gallagher and his surgical technique has been dramatically superior to my previous surgery. Very short recovery time, minimal discomfort and I an fully functional with no restrictions at this point. Dr Gallagher and his staff are technically top notch as well as being friendly, helpful and available at all times. I recommend them without reservation.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher is a caring, interested physician. I had a total knee replacement and have had no problem with pain. He was quick to respond on a weekend when I had forgotten to refill a prescription and called it in to the pharmacy in minutes. The staff at his office is kind, respectful and very complimentary con- cerning your progress, making an office visit a pleasure. I will wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Gallagher.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher performed double knee replacement surgery on me. Dr. Gallagher did a wonderful job. I went home the day after surgery feeling like a new man. I found Dr. Sean Gallagher to be personable, knowledgeable, and experienced. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher and his staff were fantastic! Everyone that I that helped me was extremely friendly and helpful. Dr. Gallagher's nurse was very friendly with a wonderful personality and she knew exactly what she was doing. She knocked my knee x-rays out very quickly. Dr. Gallagher was was AMAZING! he is very straight forward but kind. We came up with a plan for my recovery which is what I have been looking from other doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher I couldn't be happier or more thankful that I went to see him.
Author:
My husband is being treated by Dr Gallagher for knee pain. The staff, nurses, and Dr Gallagher are always very friendly, courteous, and concerned with his pain. I would highly recommend Dr Gallagher to anyone suffering with pain.
Author:
I injured my left knee in March 2019 in a non-work related incident. Immediately after injuring my knee, I sought help from another orthopedic doctor – no need to name drop. After xrays a very expensive MRI, I was given a diagnosis of synovitis. Immediate treatment – cortisone shot in the affected knee. I was told, if the shot did not work – to come back and a synovectomy would be done via arthroscopy. Well, the shot did not work. After waiting an additional 4 weeks, with absolutely NO relief, I performed quite a bit of research and stumbled upon Dr. Sean Gallagher. I called the office and was able to secure an appointment the same week. This was shock! Upon meeting Dr. Gallagher, he greeted me with a hand shake and introduced himself as “Sean!” I knew – I’m going to like this guy! I was able to bring my xray, MRI results and reports by Dr. Gallagher’s office a couple of days prior to my office visit. Needless to say, he was able to review them in detail and provide me his
Author:
Dr Gallagher did a left knee joint replacement for me in Sept 2015; I could not possibly have had a better outcome than he gave me! There’s nothing my new knee limits me from doing; I mean nothing! Dr Gallagher is one of the most caring, compassionate and smart doctors I’ve ever known! He’s an asset I greatly appreciate and trust!
Author:
Just had a torn meniscus repaired by Dr. Gallagher. He was very confident in assuring me that I was a good candidate for this surgery. He listened to me, patiently answered all my questions and explained the procedure in detail as I asked. His office staff are great to work with too.
Author:
Dr Sean G impressed me with his very focussed examination of a difficult to diagnose knee problem. He spent unstinted time allowing me to fill in all the data he collected on making a non procedure oriented diagnosis. His easygoing manner helped the communication process and restored my faith in modern doctors diagnostic capability.I also saw why a friend referred me. His honesty and candour regarding treatment options was much appreciated. I highly recommend him.
Author:
I am so glad I chose Dr. Gallagher for my knee surgery. He is so calm and confident he instills that confidence and his patients. He really listens to concerns and takes a personal interest in every patient. I’ve had three people tell me how fortunate I am to have Dr. Gallagher - one of them was another orthopedic surgeon. I could not agree more.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher is the BEST! He has done two hip replacements for me and I couldn’t have been more pleased. He’s very knowledgeable and very caring. I feel so blessed to have found him and i’m So thankful for what he has done for me.
Author:
Treats his patients very well. Great at listening and addressing my concerns. Great follow-up after surgery, which is very much appreciated.
Author:
Very attentive to your medical problems and also knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Gallagher. I was back volunteering after 6 weeks following total knee replacement surgery.
Author:
Sean Gallagher is an excellent listener and explains everything very well . I had my hip replaced with the super path approach, it was a excellent choice. I highly recommend Dr. Sean Gallagher.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher is extraordinary. I trusted him fully to complete two full hip replacements and a knee replacement, and my results have been outstanding. He has wonderful bedside manner. I would confidently refer him to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher and his staff are absolutely first-rate. He replaced both of my hip joints , one in 2018 and the other in 2019. In both cases, my recovery was remarkably fast and trouble-free, thanks to his skill and his use of the "superior" incision approach, which seems to be much better than either the posterior or the anterior approach. I recommend him enthusiastically to anyone considering hip surgery, and he also does knees and shoulders.
Highly recommend him!
Author:
I am a soccer player and I have had multiple issues. The main one was about my knee pain that comes after overusing my knee in the game. He took the X-Ray in the office right there and diagnosed the issue very quickly. After he discussed this issue, he allowed me to discuss all my other issues although the appointment was supposed to be just about my knee problem. He was patient with all my different questions and took time to answer them one by one. Definitely recommend him.
Author:
Excellent surgeon, knowledgeable, answers questions and spends time with patients, empathetic, respectful, and professional
Author:
Really impressed with Dr. Gallagher. He performed a uni-compartmental knee replacement that went perfectly with great results. We really like that you see Dr. Gallagher and not a P.A. for all your visits and discussion. Highly recommend Dr. Gallagher.
Author:
Could not be more satisfied with both Dr. Gallagher and his office staff. Kind, attentive, and professional. I have full confidence that I received the best care.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Gallagher to any member of my family or friends. He explains procedures thoroughly and the decision is made by the patient. His bedside manner while in the hospital was one of understanding and honesty.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher is very gentle and caring, I would recommend him 100%. He performed a total hip replacement on me yesterday, Dr Gallagher did an awesome job. I can’t believe how well I’m doing, up and walking . Thank you for my new lease on life! His office staff are extremely courteous, helpful, patient and professional.
Author:
From the moment I stepped into Dr Gallagher's office I knew I came to the right place, from the front desk to when I met Dr Gallagher everyone was friendly and professional. Dr Gallagher showed confidence in me as a patient and I hope I didn't disappoint. I walked out of the hospital the morning after surgery and 4 weeks out I am biking 3 miles and walking 2 miles, needless to say I am very happy with the surgery, I do not have any discomfort. Thank you Dr Gallagher!!!??
Author:
Dr. Gallagher, took the time to show me and explain to me about the pros and cons , and choices I have in regards to the painful Bakers cyst I have behind my right knee. He also was amazing at draining it for me , really taking the time to get as much relief for me as possible. For that I was grateful!! He also confirmed to me that I am not a canadate for knee replacement! Glad I came to him for a second opinion! I will now return to him as my Dr.
Author:
First visit. very comfortable, casual setting. Dr Gallagher and I discussed my situation very throughly and I feel very comfortable in his care.
Author:
Dr. Gallagher and all of his office staff were all engaged in assessing my injury, providing options and discussing the pros/cons of each option. Once I elected to have surgery, the scheduler (Vicki) was awesome in getting everything lined up with the surgical center to accommodate my schedule. Most importantly, the surgery itself was a huge success and was quick and relatively pain-free post-op. I would go back to Dr. Gallagher for any future needs.
Author:
The best. Had my right hip replaced 1 1/2 ago and recently fell. I was having pain in the area and was afraid I had somehow re-injured. The office got me in right away, Xrayed my hip and all was good. The pain was the result of inflammation of the area. Instructed to do simple exercise and take Ibuprofen for pain relief and to reduce inflammation. Dr. Gallagher is the BEST!
Author:
I went to Dr. Gallagher when my first knee replacement was not healing correctly. The first orthopedist told me he could do nothing more for me. Dr Gallagher told me, "I can fix this." He did and I am forever grateful to him. He listens, explains things thoroughly, and is understanding of my concerns. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr Gallagher and his whole team are fantastic! The kindness,competence and professionalism is first class.
Author:
Excellent service, great person!!
Author:
Dr. Gallagher took his time to understand my concerns and explain my options. Rotator cuff surgery went great. Highly recommended
Author:
Dr Gallagher fixed my clavicle fracture with some great hardware. Unfortunately I developed an inflammatory reaction to it and have had continuous pain. He made some excellent recommendations for alternatives to narcotic pain relief and prescriptions were quickly available. When the bone was healed he removed the hardware. Everything was well explained and I felt I was involved with all decisions regarding my care.
Author:
Had hip replacement surgery yesterday with Dr. Gallagher and was able to come home last night! Up until the day of surgery communication was great and I anticipate it will continue to be so. Can’t say enough good things about him!
Author:
Everything has been seemless from scheduling an appointment to surgery. During the visit dr Gallagher explained exactly what was going on and what to expect and provided actual research to where I was educated and could make a informed decision on my care. I had an acl and meniscus repair. The nursing staff was very pleasant and everything went great. I felt communication was flawless between nurses, anesthesiologists and the doc. Thank you for making this process as easy as it was.