Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD

Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD is an adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

3901 Medical Pkwy Ste 301

Austin, TX 78756

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Gallagher

See how frequently Dr. Gallagher performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wrist Fracture
Ankle Fracture
Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
high

Dr. Gallagher's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gallagher's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gallagher "Dr. Gallagher was born and raised in Galveston, TX (a B.O.I. (Born on the Island)). He attended public school in the Galveston Independent School District, graduating in 1997 from Ball High School with Highest Honors. He then moved to Providence, Rhode Island, to attend Brown University. At Brown, Dr. Gallagher was involved in research on neural plasticity and continued this as a research technician at UT Southwestern Center for Neuroscience in Dallas after graduating from Brown with Honors in 2001.In 2002, he began medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center Medical School at San Antonio. There, he met his wife, Ava, a pediatrician at 411 Pediatrics in Austin. They enjoyed living in the Hill Country during medical school and planned to return after finishing further training. Dr. Gallagher matched in orthopaedic surgery residency at The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 2006. At UTMB, he became involved in clinical research and published his work in the orthopaedic literature. In 2011, Dr. Gallagher completed his general orthopaedic training and decided to pursue further expertise in Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Joint Replacement (including revision hip and knee arthroplasty), and Cartilage Transplantation (Fresh Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation) at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, California. Fellowship in orthopedic surgery is one or two additional years of intense surgical training and clinical research focused on a specialty within the field."

This content was provided by Dr. Gallagher "I am honest and follow the golden rule, treating my patients the way I want to be treated in seeking care from a physician. I exhaust all conservative treatment prior to offering surgery."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Injuries
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Forearm Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment

• University of Texas Medical Branch
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Scripps Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Gallagher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallagher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gallagher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallagher to family and friends
Dr. Gallagher's Performance
in Austin, Tx |
Dr. Gallagher has been my surgeon for two joint replacements. He listens very well and is an excellent problem solver. He provided options, explained pain management recommendations well & helped me decide on best options for my situation. He stays current with lastest research & has the quality of being able to “think outside the box”. Highly recommend Dr Gallagher!
in Blanco, TX |
I went to my last appointment on August 9 after a hip replacement on June 5, 2017 and Dr. Gallagher released me for full activity. I reviewed Dr. Gallagher about midway through my recovery and I just wanted to continue my praise for him. I am so happy to have my life back. I highly recommend Dr Gallagher! He is a good listener, explains everything well and an awesome surgeon. Follow his instructions, (especially doing Physical Therapy) and you will have an excellent surgery/recovery!
in Austin, TX |
Our daughter is a varsity volleyball player who suffered a "freak" Lisfranc dislocation fracture at the end of her MVP sophomore season. After surgery and rehab, she regained her starting position by mid-season Jr. year, led all hitters during the playoffs, and was named "Most Improved Player" for the season. Senior year, she was a 6-rotation starter and named All-District (25-6A). Thank you, Dr. Gallagher, for making it possible for our daughter to continue following her passion!
in Laredo, TX |
Great experience. Dr. Gallagher took time to discuss and explain my injury in detail. He also discussed all treatment options.
in Austin, TX |
Wouldn't go anywhere else. Professional, explains procedures and what commitment is needed from patient to ensure healing and recovery. Came back today for leg fracture but 4 years ago had broke both bones in forearm and crushed, separated elbow. Luckily Dr Gallagher was at hospital and was able to put it all back together. I never thought I would have full use of arm again but I do. He made it clear that I had to work in therapy to get use back and he was right, use it or lose it. Very grateful
in San Marcos, TX |
This is a fine doctor he replaced my knee October 2016 and revised my 2 hips in March 2017 anyone looking for a doctor this is the one I would choose great results with both operations
Houston, TX |
Step aside Einstein>Dr. Gallagher is pure genius.
in Johnson City, TX |
Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Gallagher, had bilateral knee replacement (Right Sept, Left Jan 2017) and he has greatly improved my life I was in agonizing pain everyday due to being bone on bone in both knees, with spurs.. I have lived with this agony for over 20 years and have never known to live without knee pain, Now I do and I thank Dr. Sean Gallagher for it and providing my life pain free, in my knees..
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Gallagher was awesome, very nice and explained everything to my wife and I so we could actually understand.
in Milano, Texas |
Dr. Gallagher is a very nice doctor and listens to his patients and their needs. I highly recommend him and his office.
in Dripping Springs, TX |
Dr. Gallagher is thorough and skilled. He is amazingly sensitive to providing cost-effective and less stressful approaches to rehab, recommending PT when helpful but explaining ongoing home exercises as well. He does not minimize the necessity of PT but provides kind and insightful guidance in maximizing the benefit of the time invested in rehab. I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Gallagher as the surgeon for my partial knee replacement surgery, which has been a great success.
in Smithville, TX |
Dr. Gallagher is great. He listens well and is very thoughtful and kind.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Gallagher SAVED ME from an invasive surgery that two other orthopedic surgeons recommended. After reviewing my file, he diagnosed me with a much milder condition that could be fixed through PT. Instead of sending me to an expensive PT facility, he personally walked me through the exercises and said to try on my own for a few weeks and come back if it didn't fix the issue. SHOCKER! Simple hamstring stretches completely fixed my knee pain after 3 year and 6 PT/Arrosti/Orthopedic doctors. I
in Wimberley, TX |
Dr. Gallagher and his staff are very efficient, friendly and make me very comfortable as I am getting treated for arthritis. Dr. Gallagher is very knowledgeable, thorough, and patient. He takes the time to explain everything and offers all treatments available. I have never had to wait in his office, their scheduling is excellent. When I've had questions over the phone, answers are handled in a timely manner.
in Austin, TX |
I got a tot hip replacement using the superior approach. Hours after surgery I was up and waking and haven't stopped yet! Dr. Gallagher's bedside manner is a cut above the rest. He is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. I will, and have already, recommend Dr. Gallagher to everyone. Again, thank you Dr. Gallagher for a wonderful job on my new hip!!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Gallagher gave me hope again shortly after I fully ruptured my achilles tendon, setting the appropriate expectations or recovery time and providing a significant amount of detail about my upcoming procedure. He's personable and very considerate when treating a patient and each time I hurt myself trying to stay youthful he's the first person I try to call. I have 100% faith in his abilities and obviously his passion shines through his work which explains the high customer satisfaction. MJ Jr
in Austin, TX |
Great Doctor Great work. He helped me out. Gave me what I needed. I highly recommend this doctor. He cares for his patients. Very professional and very friendly and courteous.
in Lakeway |
Did a great job on my knee replacement surgery. Actually called me at home to see how I was doing. Always willing to spend the extra time to answer my questions.
in Laredo, TX |
Dr Gallagher is a knowledgeable and caring physician. He did a reverse shoulder replacement on my left arm, and I am well on my way to recovery, even before any physical therapy. Dr Gallagher not only stopped by my hospital room post surgery, but called me personally to see how I was doing. His office staff was especially helpful both pre- and post- surgery, which made me feel that a whole team was taking care of me.
in Austin, TX |
A human & humane physician with diagnostic skills greatly above several good ones I have consulted. Dr. Gallagher THINKS & he CARES. His analysis goes beyond the time he spends with you in the examining room. He communicates! Without being asked, he took his own time later to review my films & called w/ new possibilities. He confirmed analysis by exam at next meeting. He solved unusual problems with splendid ability & genuine concern for his patient. HE will be my surgeon.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Gallagher used the most current procedure for my total hip replacement. He's has a great bedside manner and takes the time at your office visit to answer all questions.
Have you seen Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Are you Dr. Gallagher?

See our Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at St. David's South Austin Medical Center

Visit Dr. Gallagher

Choice Care Network PPO
    Choice PPO
    Humana HMO
    Humana PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Prime