Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 41

Dr. Gallagher

Atx Orthopedics

3901 Medical Pkwy Ste 301 Austin, TX 78756

Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Austin, TX and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Gallagher has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio medical school in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities Seton Medical Center Austin and St. David's Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gallagher to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Gallagher with our nearby Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at St. David's North Austin Medical Center.

Make an appointment at St. David's North Austin Medical Center today at (512) 366-3131.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of St. David's North Austin Medical Center.

Dr. Gallagher's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gallagher

Dr. Gallagher?
Dr.Gallagher was recommended by my PCP, and she was spot on in her recommendation. Dr. Gallagher was a third opinion, and I knew at that meeting that he was exactly the Dr. that I could trust! He was generous with his time and answered all my questions. He did not pressure me to make an immediate decision, but I’m glad I did. As luck would have it, there was a short window of time that I could have a total knee replacement, due to the COVID virus situation. Most importantly, Dr Gallagher impressed me with his honesty! He had no idea what I wanted to hear from him, and he nailed it, decision made! As for the outcome, I couldn’t be happier. I am 5 weeks out from surgery and while everyone is different in their recovery journey, I am able to walk a mile and ride my bike. I still have more work to do with my PT, but I am very optimistic! Thanks Dr. Gallagher, to you and your team, it’s what you do from the first phone contact, that makes the difference!
C Bibus – Jul 26, 2020
He’s great!!
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
From the first time that I walked into the office, I knew that I was going to receive the finest care available. The staff is top-notch and totally on top of their game. They made sure that I was aware of every move (many) needed to be made to make my surgery happen timely & effectively. Dr. Gallagher is a pleasant gentleman, precise, easy to communicate with, and his level of confidence is amazing. Finally, his technique is cutting edge perfection! Fast forward to 4 days after the surgery: I am up and walking with minimal pain, taking PT daily & way ahead of my timeline for total recovery. He has checked in with me twice over the past few days with the same caring nature as he did prior to the surgery. In closing, not only is Dr. Gallagher highly recommended, he is truly one of the most talented Orthopedic surgeon's in the country. So, I did all the heavy lifting for you in advance. Stop worrying and end the suffering..........make the call to Dr. Sean Gallagher!
Mark Reynolds Miller – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Hip replacement. All around good experience on all fronts, office staff, office visits, phone call responsiveness, and of course Dr Gallagher himself is all around excellent.
Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher and his whole team at ATX Ortho are awesome professionals who are personable and have made my total knee replacement surgery and recuperation an awesome experience. I have experienced less pain than others that I’ve talked to recently who had a TKR and am doing very well for only 6 weeks out of surgery. The thorough explanations, the second nerve block and the excellent technique of Dr. Gallagher have all gave me an edge on getting back to a full and active life. I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher and his team to anyone looking for orthopedic care.
C Prater – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher is an excellent dr. and a fantastic surgeon
Danny Bowen – Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Staff very friendly and professional.
Patricia Ryan – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I went to Dr. Gallagher after searching for Ortho surgeons who do the SuperPath method. I had read about the method and liked what I saw and wanted to know more about it. Dr. Gallagher was the third surgeon that I saw after I found out I needed a THR, and I immediately knew I wanted him to do my surgery after the initial appt. We had to wait out the elective surgery restrictions, so I waited about a month after my initial appt to get scheduled, and when I did, it was for the very next week. I had my 8 day post op appt yesterday and everything is going well. I am on a cane most of the time now. I lost the walker after about 2 days. I can walk unaided for a while, but still need the cane when I get tired. Dr. G answered all my questions at both appts and was also very responsive with online questions sent though the patient portal. I am very happy with my experience there and the results so far from my surgery. I recommend him to anyone who is in need of a THR.
Jamie H – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Hip pain; have been a patient of Dr Amis for several years. Saw Dr Gallagher today. Love these guys and staff! Well worth the 1.5 hour drive for me to get there!
Nancy George – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I just had a total knee replacement and I can’t believe how well I’m doing. Pain management has been great. Dr. Gallagher‘s office team has been fantastic. Dr. Gallagher explains things clearly, has a great bedside manner and easy to talk to. I would recommend him to anyone that is needing orthopedic care. UPDATE: six weeks later… I’m out walking a couple miles, very little pain and almost have complete range of motion. So happy with the results. UPDATE 2: 10 weeks out… because of the Covid social distancing I temporarily stopped going to physical therapy and wasn’t exercising enough. I was getting a little worried because I wasn’t gaining more range of motion and developing a slight limp. Dr. Gallagher FaceTimed me and observed my walking and going up and down stairs. He was able to tell me what was going on and gave me some exercises to do multiple times a day. He will be following up with me in four weeks to make sure that I eliminate any slight limp and increase my strength.
Sherrill – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher recently did hip replacement on my left hip. I couldn't begin to say enough positive things about this experience so far. He spent LOTS of time with my husband and I during our initial consultation, answered all of our questions, gave us reading material, etc. After I decided to go ahead with the surgery his office made things go very smoothly. I recommend Dr. Gallagher highly...kind, compassionate, intelligent and a very good surgeon. I'm healing well and looking forward to an active life again in the very near future!
Terri Hanan – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher seemed very knowledgeable about my knee problem and offered me several options for treatment. He was kind, took his time explaining and educating me about my diagnosis. I would highly recommend Dr. Gallagher.
Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher is my go to "Joint Doctor". He has preformed four operations on me and they have all been fantastic joint replacements. If you want to hear more, please ask the Doctor about me, or ask him for my contact information. I am a true Patient for him.
Don Riggins – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I looked at so many reviews of so many doctors and I am very happy I chose Dr. Gallagher. I have been extremely pleased with everything he and his staff have done. I am 2.5 weeks post op (hip replacement) and feel great. I've been walking unassisted for about a week and a half. He and his staff are the best!
Sandra – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher successfully treated my wife (she has had two hip surgeries) so, when I experienced some issues with my knee, I went to see him. The visit was very efficient, the diagnosis prompt and, thankfully, the outcome negative. The office staff is very polite and helpful and Dr. Gallagher professional and helpful.
Denis J Meyers – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I researched for weeks to find a reputable hip replacement surgeon and Dr Gallagher’s name kept coming up. I have been extremely pleased with everything he and his staff have done. From the initial consultation, to scheduling my procedure, the hip replacement, and now the recovery time. He is easy to talk to, explains everything in a way you can easily understand, has great bedside manners, and did an amazing job with my hip replacement. I was walking the night of my surgery and already moving my hip in ways I hadn’t been able to for more than 20 years! He used the SuperPATH technique for my replacement and I ended up with no movement restrictions post-op and was full weight bearing as tolerated. I feel like I have a new life about to begin, after a little more recovery of course!
Cheri Summers – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher is the best! Just had bilateral total knee replacement. Sean did a fantastic job. Great doctor and person. Highly recommend him. One of the best in Austin!!
Paul Griffith – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Got my ACL reconstruction surgery done by Gallagher 3 weeks back. It is recovering well and I am going to physical therapy. I am happy with the outcome of the surgery.
Raj – Dec 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Timely visit. Quick and straight forward. Very informative and understanding of procedures and steps to rehabilitation
Nov 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher did a magnificent job with my total knee replacement. The office staff is efficient and very friendly. I can not say enough about how grateful I am for the treatment I received throughout the entire process.
Dan D. – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gallagher?

I am honest and follow the golden rule, treating my patients the way I want to be treated in seeking care from a physician. I exhaust all conservative treatment prior to offering surgery.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery