Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Gallagher

Atx Orthopedics

3901 Medical Pkwy Ste 301 Austin, TX 78756

Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio in 2006 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Gallagher's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gallagher

Dr. Gallagher?
Dr. Gallagher's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD
Dr. Gallagher was very thorough in explaining the less invasive process of hip replacement. After a year of pain, injections and PT, it was clear that replacement was the only option. The staff was able to quickly get me scheduled for surgery. Pain was gone almost immediately. 6 weeks later I was hiking again. 10 weeks later cleared for all activity. Amazing support, professional approach, and personal attention. Was our second opinion, the first from a much larger practice that felt more like an assembly line than a doctor. Dr. Gallagher and the staff were wonderful to work with and we highly recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr.G was awesome!!!! Loved my appointment! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Been working with Dr. Gallagher for 3 years. I've had 3 meniscus tears too many miles of running fixed by arthroscope the last (meniscectomy 3) by Dr. Gallagher and the recovery was the best of the three. In 2019 had both knees replaced, "Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty"partials performed 7 weeks apart. Dr. Gallagher is down to business. Having been rolled into operating theatre 3 times he is there 100% focused. For my first surgery the recover nurse said Dr. Gallagher had performed her mother's knee replacement with fantastic results. Also vetted through a friend's friend who is a knee parts vendor and he confirmed Dr. Gallagher is top grade
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher is a very kind and patient physician. I never felt rushed or that he was not listening to my issues. He performed a very thorough examination ensuring he felt he had the right diagnosis. We had a trial treatment that unfortunately did not work. I feel confident he will take care of me during my proposed knee revision. I trust his medical expertise!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher was very kind, answered my questions, explained the surgery well. I was impressed at his knowledge & caring attitude. I am still researching the procedure but felt more at ease after consulting with him. I will leave another review when and if I have surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher, I went in Aug. 2018 and returned July 2019 for a right knee replacement. Dr. Gallagher is the best all around Dr. I have ever had the privilege of knowing. He answers all questions and is extremely patient. I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher if you have surgical needs!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher is wonderful! I had a total right knee replacement day-before-yesterday at 7:30 AM. I was in recovery at 10:00 AM, fully awake. I didn't have general anesthesia, just a nerve block and a spinal. I was up walking around my room by noon. I was discharged yesterday afternoon because I was able to walk 150' and negotiable some stairs. Last night I was able to walk around my house with very little pain. I am amazed at my recovery so far. I won't be 100% for awhile, but my progress so far is quite satisfactory. I have no problem recommending Dr. Gallagher to anyone needing anything done to their knees. And his office staff is just the best, very professional, very caring, and willing to go out of their way to make sure your treatment is well organized. Great experience so far.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Sean Gallagher is a great doctor. I went to see him for my knees and shoulder. He recommended knee replacement for both knees. He explained the whole process to me and my daughter. He is very easy going. I felt very comfortable asking him tons of questions that I had and he spent lot of time answering them. I am very confident that my knee surgery will go well and he will do a great job. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Gallagher for your orthopedic needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I went in to see Dr. Gallagher about pain in my right shoulder that has been going on for a few months. After x-rays were taken, he discussed with me my medical situation and luckily, it can be treated with exercise and a pain management OTC drug. I have had a previous appointment with him in 2016, my husband had bilateral hip replacement surgery by him in early 2017, and just the day before my most current appointment my brother-in-law had his right knee replaced. He is an excellent physician and his staff are the most caring individuals. Our family highly recommends him for the types of medical care that he provides.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher is a great doctor. He puts your mind at ease with his friendly knowledgeable manner! Getting ready for second hip replacement. Wouldn’t go anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I sought Dr. Gallagher out for a hip problem. He took x-rays and identified the issue immediately. He gave me some exercises to pursue along with encouragement. I liked his easygoing manner with me and appreciated his experience. I was very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher for anyone seeking advice or surgery for either hip or knee problems. He and everyone on his staff are very helpful and easy to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher did a total knee replacement (TKA) on me in April. After working with another Ortho surgeon on and off for 3 years, who wanted to continue to delay surgery, I couldn't wait any more and found Dr. Gallagher. In short, it has been one of the single best experiences I've had. He put me at ease, scheduled a surgery in 6 days, did a textbook surgery that has been almost miraculous. Off a walker in 2 days, skipped home therapy, off a cane in 3 weeks. Other than swelling that will continue on and off, I'm almost totally healed. There is almost never a wait, his office staff is friendly but professional. I'm almost embarrassed at the amount of time he's willing to spend to answer questions and discussing options. His followup is fantastic. He explains things completely but never talks down to me, a great balancing act. I have already recommended him to several friends and colleagues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher performed a left hip replacement 4 months ago. I had a successful right hip arthroplasty 8 years, however my experience with Dr Gallagher and his surgical technique has been dramatically superior to my previous surgery. Very short recovery time, minimal discomfort and I an fully functional with no restrictions at this point. Dr Gallagher and his staff are technically top notch as well as being friendly, helpful and available at all times. I recommend them without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher is a caring, interested physician. I had a total knee replacement and have had no problem with pain. He was quick to respond on a weekend when I had forgotten to refill a prescription and called it in to the pharmacy in minutes. The staff at his office is kind, respectful and very complimentary con- cerning your progress, making an office visit a pleasure. I will wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Gallagher.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher performed double knee replacement surgery on me. Dr. Gallagher did a wonderful job. I went home the day after surgery feeling like a new man. I found Dr. Sean Gallagher to be personable, knowledgeable, and experienced. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr. Gallagher and his staff were fantastic! Everyone that I that helped me was extremely friendly and helpful. Dr. Gallagher's nurse was very friendly with a wonderful personality and she knew exactly what she was doing. She knocked my knee x-rays out very quickly. Dr. Gallagher was was AMAZING! he is very straight forward but kind. We came up with a plan for my recovery which is what I have been looking from other doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Gallagher I couldn't be happier or more thankful that I went to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
My husband is being treated by Dr Gallagher for knee pain. The staff, nurses, and Dr Gallagher are always very friendly, courteous, and concerned with his pain. I would highly recommend Dr Gallagher to anyone suffering with pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
I injured my left knee in March 2019 in a non-work related incident. Immediately after injuring my knee, I sought help from another orthopedic doctor – no need to name drop. After xrays a very expensive MRI, I was given a diagnosis of synovitis. Immediate treatment – cortisone shot in the affected knee. I was told, if the shot did not work – to come back and a synovectomy would be done via arthroscopy. Well, the shot did not work. After waiting an additional 4 weeks, with absolutely NO relief, I performed quite a bit of research and stumbled upon Dr. Sean Gallagher. I called the office and was able to secure an appointment the same week. This was shock! Upon meeting Dr. Gallagher, he greeted me with a hand shake and introduced himself as “Sean!” I knew – I’m going to like this guy! I was able to bring my xray, MRI results and reports by Dr. Gallagher’s office a couple of days prior to my office visit. Needless to say, he was able to review them in detail and provide me his
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?
Dr Gallagher did a left knee joint replacement for me in Sept 2015; I could not possibly have had a better outcome than he gave me! There’s nothing my new knee limits me from doing; I mean nothing! Dr Gallagher is one of the most caring, compassionate and smart doctors I’ve ever known! He’s an asset I greatly appreciate and trust!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Gallagher, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gallagher?

I am honest and follow the golden rule, treating my patients the way I want to be treated in seeking care from a physician. I exhaust all conservative treatment prior to offering surgery.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2001

• Golden Bone Award, 2011
  • Eagle Scout, 1997

Dr. Gallagher accepts

Dr. Gallagher accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Cigna Healthcare of Texas HMO
Cigna Healthcare of Texas POS
Cigna Healthcare of Texas PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Oscar Insurance Corporation
Scott & White Health Plan
Tricare
Prime
Standard
TriCare for Life
Choice HMO
PacifiCare HMO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Gallagher's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gallagher's Top Procedures and Conditions

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Gallagher treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Gallagher treats this condition more than 90% of his peers

Wrist Fracture

Dr. Gallagher treats Wrist Fracture more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Gallagher treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Distal Radius Fracture

• Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Computer-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
  • Elbow Arthroscopy
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot Surgery
  • Forearm Injuries
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain