Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Sean Esmende, MD
Dr. Sean Esmende, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Hartford, CT. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Esmende is affiliated with Hartford Hospital and Saint Francis Care.

85 Seymour St Ste 100

Hartford, CT 06106

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Esmende

Dr. Esmende's Experience

Dr. Esmende's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

Dr. Esmende does not have any board certifications listed.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Rib Fracture
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Cornell University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • D Geffen Sch Of Med-Ucla
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Brown University / Alpert Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Brown University / Alpert Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Esmende has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Esmende has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Esmende does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Esmende and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Esmende's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Esmende to family and friends
Dr. Esmende's Performance
Torrington, CT |
Dr Esmende is very kind, caring and compassionate. He is very through and I trust him completely!
in Cheshire, CT |
Dr Esmende exceeded my expectations. Of course the most important thing is that my pain is 100% gone. 11 weeks ago i couldn't walk 1/4 mile. Last weekend I walked 20 miles. I was seeing another surgeon and Dr. Esmende was a 2nd opinion, right away I saw the difference. He explained everything so I understood, I felt he really cared. He listened and answered all my questions, and i never felt rushed. Bottom line , he fixed my problem.
in Farmington, CT |
Dr. Esmende radiates confidence without being full of himself. He comes across as highly knowledgeable, personable and has a fabulous bedside manner. His style of explanation is simple yet detailed. He makes sure that you understand everything that will be entailed in your procedure. There is no rushing. He answers as many questions as you have. He wants your surgery experience to be a most positive one. And the greatest thing....he remembers YOU from one appointment to the next. A great doctor!
in Hartford, CT |
I had shooting pain in my right arm and was unable to use it. Dr Esmende replaced 3 vertebrae in my cervical spine. He was informative, very professional, discussed alternatives and helped me to make a decision. My recovery has been improving at a rate that is much faster than I expected. He is obviously highly skilled in his techniques and takes the time to answer any questions. His staff (Lauren) is wonderful, knowledgeable and a joy to rely on. I would enthusiastically recommend his services
Dr. Esmende performed a successful lumbar fusion procedure on me nine months ago. Dr. Esmende has been right on target during my recovery, siting exactly how I should feel every step of the way. He is caring and reassuring and notably a premier spinal surgeon. His caring extends to his staff and most of all to Lauren who was there for me and my wife every step of the way for whatever I needed; always answering my questions and concerns. My life has returned to normal thanks to Dr. Esemende.
Simsbury, CT |
Professional, patient, understanding, and caring doctor, and the same goes for his staff, too! At my first appt., he took time to understand how I'd been feeling, for how long, and what I had tried so far to feel better. After determining that other methods (PT, cortisone shots, etc.) weren't helping me, we set up the surgery. Port-surgery, waking up from the anesthesia, I already felt much better. That was 2 months ago, and since then I've been feeling great.
in Wethersfield, CT |
I had surgery last February. Dr. Esmende is easy to talk to and listens. Very helpful before and after surgery. The surgery went as planned - no surprises. The outcome was excellent. I have already recommended him to friends. 5 stars easy.
in New Britain, CT |
Dr. Esmende is the most kind, courteous, professional doctor we know. His professional manner puts you right at ease, as he fully explains the procedure that will take place during the operation. Our experience showed us that he is highly qualified in his field. We are so glad to have had him as out surgeon. Bud & Lynda Roberts
in East Hartford, CT |
My surgery was 100% successful. Dr Esmende and his staff did an excellent job. Thanks to them I am now pain free and happy dawn to dusk.
in New Britain, CT |
Following months of lower back and painful leg pain, I was referred to Dr. Esmende. Highly impressed with his professionalism, advice, patient concern and time spent with me to answer questions and concerns I had. Surgery was performed and was home the same day. Cannot thank him enough for the relief I have today. Highly recommend Dr. Esmende and staff for spine concerns you may have.
in Hartford, CT |
After exhausting all conservative treatments for pain radiating down my leg, I was referred to Dr. Esmende for surgery. He thoroughly went over my MRI and xrays explaining why I was having chronic pain and what he would do, surgically, to resolve the issue. A second opinion was in line with Dr. Esmende's plan. Surgery went very well with no complications. Instead of going to a rehab facility, I was able to come home. It's been two weeks and progress continues to be steady.
in East Granby, CT |
Total patient focus with thoughtful and caring attitude combined with exceptional technical abilities are just some of Dr. Esmende's phenomenal qualities. From the moment you meet Dr. Esmende, describe your needs, listen to his responses and suggestions, and consider his recommendations, you are awed by how personal and sincere his approach to patient care is. You never feel rushed or ignored by him. His skill and wonderful bedside manner after surgery become very apparent and appreciated.
in Somers, CT |
I highly recommend Dr. Esmende for his skill, professionalism and caring manner throughout my experience with spinal surgery. I have been totally satisfied with him and his staff and will surely use him again should the occasion arise.
in Vernon CT |
After 2 years of being in pain from a previous surgery that didn't take and that previous surgeon telling me it was all in my head the doctor diagnosed as me and scheduled my surgery within 2 weeks. His secretary Lauren is spot on with my calls and paperwork. I am FINALLY pain free. Awsome doctor. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I guess it wasn't all in my head. Thank you so much
in East Granby, ft |
Dr. Esmende diagnosed my back in less than 1/2 hour (Stenosis) after a year and 1/2 talking to other doctors. He also showed me the X-rays so I could see. He then scheduled an MRI to verify the diagnosis and showed me those results as well. He thoroughly explained what was happening and how it needed to be fixed. He scheduled my surgery quickly and the results have been excellent. His bedside manner is very informative and does not rush through. I strongly recommend him.
in Glastonbury, CT |
I was blessed when I was referred to Dr. Esmende. Diagnosed with cervical stenosis that had progressed quickly, surgery was needed and I then met Dr. Esmende. He was incredibly willing to spend as much time as I needed to discuss what was happening with me and my options. His competence and caring nature were immediately obvious to me. He even gave up his scheduled day off so he could quickly take care of me. As I told him he is my hero/angel. And Lauren, his Asst., is the best! Thank you!
in Middletown, CT |
I started going to doctors over10years. It took one recommendation to orthopedic associates, And it was the best decision I ever made. Dr Esmende never made me feel as if I was a pest. I can tell you from doctor to doctor to doctor for years Dr Sean Esmende is the top surgical doctor I have ever had. His assistant Lauren is a gem! I can't thank them enough for an amazing team. ( he did so good, you can't even see one of my scars on my tattoo! I'd say that's cosmetically pretty good!
in Providence, RI |
I would not recommend Dr Esmende. Very rude and snobby.
Have you seen Dr. Sean Esmende, MD?
Are you Dr. Esmende?