Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Sean Devine, MD
Dr. Sean Devine, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Pismo Beach, CA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Devine is affiliated with Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center and French Hospital Medical Center.

921 Oak Park Blvd Ste 204

Pismo Beach, CA 93449

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Devine

My goal is to keep you in your game. I believe in progressive treatment: a rehab solution is first option, minimally invasive repair or replacement if required, and coordinated, rapid return to sport/demand.

Dr. Devine's Experience

Dr. Devine's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Shoulder Dislocation
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Systemic Chondromalacia

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • University Of California San Diego Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • University Ca San Diego Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Steadman-Hawkins Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Devine has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

View Video

Dr. Devine's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Devine to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Devine's Performance
Atascadero |
Personable, friendly... a 3 D model of knee to explain procedure would have been helpful. I had an appointment at 9:00. I didn't see Dr. Devine until 10:15. Apparently, he saw two patients ahead of me who had appointment after me. Frustrating.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Dr. Devine took the time to really study my injuries after a motorcycle accident and took extra time after hours to discuss my injuries and best course of action to help fix me! He honestly took an interest in my case and went the extra mile to make sure I had the absolute best care! I would recommend Sean to anyone! He is that good! And his bedside manor is top notch too, I have total trust in his care!
in Paso Robles, CA |
Dr. Sean Devine should not be practicing medicine. I believe He has the onset of Alzheimer's. He will make your injuries worse. He has padded his health grade with fony patients. I know of 3 people he messed up and would sue him if I could.
in Cambria, CA |
I was faced with a total knee replacement. I am almost a year out from the surgery, about what it takes to get fully up to speed. I recommend Dr. Devine very highly. He answered every question. Told about the pros and cons, and was fully committed to my recovery. He is versed in all aspects of current modalities concerning this surgery. I have encountered many other of his patients and all report him to be top notch.
San Luis Obispo, CA |
Straight-forward and kind with his assessment.
in San Luis Obispo |
Dr. Devine spent the whole appt asking about how good my insurance plan is, then referred me for an MRI. Once I finally got the approval for the MRI, he wasn't able to see me for over two weeks! He finally called me and said that I had three torn ligaments and definitely needed surgery, and tried to talk me into having him do the surgery. A 2nd opinion proved that he was completely wrong and his recommendation of wearing a huge brace and not using my knee did more harm than good for my MCL tear.
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
I saw Dr. Devine for the first time as a follow up for my fractured left patella. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly, and there was no waiting. I did have to wait for an examination room, but again the nurses were very good in checking my medical history and taking 2 x-rays of my knee. When Dr. Devine came in the first thing he did was apologize for the wait time. He was friendly, took time to explain what I needed to do before my next appointment, very professional.
in San Luis Obispo, CAñ |
Dr Devine has done a knee arthroscopy on me, & now a total hip. He listens w/out interrupting, main- trains eye contact, is straightforward, kind & very pleasant. I never leave w/out all my questions answered. I trust his knowledge & surgical skills implicitly. I hope I need no further surgeries, but I would only see Dr Devine in the future if I did.
in Pismo Beach, CA |
Saw Dr Devine once for my damaged triceps and occasional carpel issues. Instead of helping me out he actually questioned my injury "credibility"! Amazing. I recommend you go elsewhere for injuries.
San Luis Obispo, CA |
Personable, positive, easy to work with. Noticed minor diconnect between directions from Dr. Devine and his medical staff, specifically around acquiring the needed prescription. Overall a very good experience though.
in Los Osos, CA |
Dr. Devine is the physician that did my total hip replacement (THR). He was very thorough about explaining the condition of my hip; the options I had for the treatment of my hip and the pain I was having for 1 1/2 yrs in my hip, lower back and leg; what to expect for the THR process; and graciously answered all my questions. I had total confidence in his assessments. I am now 3 months post-op, and very pleased with the level of care I received. I am a 70 yr old active female.
in Grover Beach, CA |
Dr. Devine is the finest physician I have ever had in many years and certainly since we moved to the Central Coast over three years ago. He is my Orthopedic Surgeon and performed a left anterior hip replacement five months ago. It was a tremendously successful surgery and I feel better now than I have for many years. Dr. Devine was so informative about every aspect of the surgery and so compassionate. He is such a positive man and I respect his knowledge and expertise so much.
in Arroyo Grande, CA |
Easy to talk with, very professional, surgeries have all gone great.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Doctor Devine quickly and correctly diagnosed my knee issue. After an MRI to confirm, we discussed my options and chose surgery. The surgery went incredibly well. I literally felt better the day after surgery than I had in three years. Clearly Doctor Devine is a talented surgeon. What also sets him apart is that I never felt like I was a drain on his time. Each time we met he sat with me until all my questions were answered. I was made to feel like his only patient. 5 stars from me!
in San Luis Obispo. CA 93405 |
Dr. Devine was knowledgeable, polite, personable, and answered my questions patiently. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Shasta Lake, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Devine for over twenty years. Dr. Devine has always been great to see and provides thoughtful and insightful expertise. In addition and most important, his staff has been great to work with as well.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
Dr. Devine was very thoughtful in deciding the best course of treatment for me after an accident. He was on the fence about whether or not I needed surgery but ultimately felt that we needed to hold off. His decision was spot on & saved me from additional trauma. I appreciate his kind demeanor & well thought out approach. My only real issues were in trying to get my initial appointment after my accident and the poor treatment I (and another patient) recently received from a front desk worker.
in Pismo Beach, CA |
Dr. Devine listens without a rush to treatment. He discusses alternatives, the pros and cons of each, and provides honest patient feedback regarding those things the patient can do or may need to do to improve the condition for which s/he is seeking treatment. He is knowledgeable, kind and skilled.
in San Luis Obispo, CA |
He was very rude and answered the phone while in a appointment with my mom. This last appointment he told my mom she was a crappy patient and made her cry. He called her boss and was just really trashy. He's taking her out of work longer than she needs to be. Point being he's a TERRIBLE person and Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Sean Devine, MD?
Are you Dr. Devine?