Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Telehealth services available

Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Beachwood, OH. Dr. Zimmer has more experience with Hand/Wrist, Shoulder/Upper Arm, and Elbow than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as West Medical Center and TriPoint Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zimmer to book an appointment.

Lake Health Physician Group Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center

New Patient?
Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center Beachwood25501 Chagrin Blvd # 200 Beachwood, OH 44122
Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center Concord7590 Auburn Rd Painesville, OH 44077

Dr. Zimmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zimmer

4.5

Dr. Zimmer?
What People Say About Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD
I walked in to a full waiting room, which I found odd, since there is only one doctor. I got to the appointment 15 minutes early to do paperwork. 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, I was pulled in by someone (not the doctor) and the first thing I was told is that I was going to get an x-ray. Outside of explaining to the recceptionist when I made my appointment that I had pain in my hand, I had not talked to, or explained, to anyone what was going on. I would expect at least a conversation with a doctor before x-rays are ordered. When I asked the person how much the x-ray costs, he was shocked and said he didn't know. After telling me he didn't know the price a couple times, I just left. As I was leaving, he offered to ask the office for the price. A poor experience and waste of my time. It definitely felt like it was an assembly line approach to treatment.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have Dr Zimmerman for 16 years, he is a good bed side mannered MD, he will not do any surgery , just to make money. He’s honest if he feels the surgery is not a good idea He knows , he will not do it . I haven’t met any other as good as Dr Scott Zimmer. Many doctors are pushing surgery , I trust this doctor, if he says No, that means No.
Mary in Chapin, SC – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Outstanding team from the secretaries all thw way through to Dr. Zimmer. You are treated with compassion and respect. Procedures are thoroughly explained and all questions are answered. This is the place to get your medical needs completed!
alice – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I began my treatment with Dr. Zimmer about 2 years ago. From the first time I walked into the office I felt like I was being heard! I explained to Dr. Zimmer my issue and expressed to him that surgery is a last resort. After several appointments, I had to come to the realization that there was no other alternative than to have surgery. I was concerned and most are hearing this, I felt I was in the best of care. Upon arriving for my surgery every single person that I engaged with took the time to understand what I was going through and helped me with my high level of anxiety and always made me feel like it was in great hands/care! My therapy afterwards, Angelo was so patient and so very kind. Although I wanted to push and just be better again, once again, they were so kind in helping me through my healing process! My scare is minimal, my pain is almost gone and cannot express my gratitude with just this letter to the entire team at Dr. Zimmer's office! THANK YOU!!!!
Gayle – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Friendly, both he and staff, thorough in explaining issues and provided relief. The way a medical practice should be run. First rate care!
Sep 06, 2019
Awesome doctor!!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer removed a ganglion cyst from my right ring finger/palm surface over a year ago. I have had 0 problems and was pleased with all aspects of my care. He fused both my thumbs in 2009 and 2011 (occupational hazard) , and I continue my fairly strenuous use of my hands without issues 8 + years later. Dr. "Z" - u rock!!! Susan
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and his staff were wonderful to work with regarding my shoulder surgery. I torn my shoulder and bicep. Dr. Zimmer sewed me back together! I highly recommend him. He also recommended me to Dr Chase majewski and Dr Heidi Thomas of Nova Care in Chardon for recovery. An awesome team. I head back to work on a couple of weeks a little weaker but getting stronger every day! Thank you, Dr Zimmer!
Deborah in OH – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I recently had a second surgery with Dr Zimmer and could not be happier. 3 years ago I had fractured my radius and he fixed it with a plate and 12 screws. I was back to work less than 2 wks later and have had absolutely no problem with it! In August I had to have rotator cuff and labrum repaired. It ended up being very complicated. He actually diagnosed the rotator cuff upon exam and the MRI had not picked up. He is incredibly thorough and extremely kind. I could not recommend him more highly!
Mary in Chardon, OH – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer saw me for an elbow fracture; referred by Dr. Gobezie. Diagnosed as a "near-Monteggia" fracture. Surgery to put a plate with several screws was the result. I was in a removable splint within a week. Followed his direction closely and used their occupational therapy service. He was very informative, friendly yet business-like. Recovery period was surprisingly short. Appointments were on time. I have recommended him to others.
CK in Gates Mills, OH – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer is one of the most caring doctors you will ever meet. Not to mention good looking. I had carpal tunnel surgery 5/18/2018 I seen him today for stitches removal 5/30/2018 everything is looking good, I'm on my way to recovery. Also his team he has are so pleasant.
Nancy Granchi in Chardon, OH – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have been dealing with a broken scaphoid for almost 10 weeks now and casted since January. I had gone to Dr. Zimmer today because I had heard he’s an amazing hand surgeon and from what I experienced and today-i agree! Dr. Zimmer within one short but very informative and comfortable appointment had told me what I should have heard from the other docs on day 1-that yes this needs surgery and he won’t make me wait past next Friday and it will be done! He’s awesome! Allie F.
Allie F. in North Ridgeville, Ohio – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and staff very professional and caring. He and Michelle (Phys. Asst) answered all my questions about the carpal tunnel surgery. I had both hands done at once, and the explanation on how I would feel in the following days was very accurate. I was able to do eat and do many things with my hands by the evening....sore, but taking tylenol/ibuprofen helped..It's been 10 days now since since surgery, and I have 100% usage of my hands...85% useage with minimal but manageable pain.
Dave B in Chardon – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I had carpal tunnel release surgery a few weeks ago. From my initial visit with Dr. Zimmer to surgery and finally follow up, I was very satisfied with his knowledge, ease of communication, surgical skills and friendly staff that made it all come together. I actually found his name from these reviews, and his high marks proved to be accurate. Thanks for fixing my hand, Dr. Zimmer!
Nora in Mayfield Heights – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I can not say enough nice things about Dr Zimmer. He is by far the kindest doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything in great detail not only the first time i saw him but every single time. I had 100% confidence in Dr Zimmer. My thumb he treated is doing wonderful. I have recommended him to several family members and friends.
Painesville, OH – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Zimmer. I have had three procedures done by him. Need I say more?
M. Nadbath in Madison, Oh – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Z and his practice are AWESOME!!!!! I had my right shoulder replaced the end of April. I suffered with arthritis for several years and would never have believed that I could feel so good and have such excellent range of motion after only 12 weeks!!!!! I wish I would have done this sooner. I can enjoy riding my bike, walking my dog and horseback riding like I have not been able to do for years! Thank You for helping me get my active lifestyle back!
Lynne R in Chardon, OH – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Zimmer to anyone for surgery. He and his staff are very professional and friendly. I felt very confident under their care. The surgery was quick with very little discomfort and the recovery went very well.
Maria in Newbury, OH – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and his staff did an amazing job fixing my tennis elbow. My condition was caused by weightlifting and golf. Due to excessive use I could not golf any longer even after significant rest and no weight lifting. Dr Zimmer did an expert surgery and I am back to 100%.
Deb Jones in Twinsburg, OH – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
The Doctor has repaired both my shoulders a few years apart. One was sever trauma from lifting a heavy object and the other a clean up. In both cases I was like new in no time. Recently I had carpal release and an ulnar transposition and I have my right hand back. Its been 3 weeks and I doing awsome. Dr. Zimmer is always there if you have questions or concerns and I trust him with my health. Three seperate times Ive relied on Dr.Zimmer to get me back to normal, three times Ive benn well served.
Steve schwin in Chagrin falls ohio – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zimmer?

Dr. Zimmer accepts

Dr. Zimmer accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 76% more than their peers

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Zimmer treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Shoulder/Upper Arm

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

Rotator Cuff Tear

Dr. Zimmer treats Rotator Cuff Tear more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 92% of their peers

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.

Typically treats 67% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Elbow Injuries

Dr. Zimmer treats Elbow Injuries more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Elbow Tenotomy

Dr. Zimmer performs Elbow Tenotomy more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Zimmer performs this procedure more than 97% of their peers

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Zimmer treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Provide the latest surgical and non-surgical care to my patients for conditions of the hand, elbow, and shoulder.  This care will be provided with compassion, honesty, in a warm and friendly environment.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery