Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 50

Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD is an Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Mentor, OH and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Lake Health Beachwood Medical Center and TriPoint Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Zimmer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Zimmer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Zimmer treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• De Quervain's Release
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • McMurray's Test
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Zimmer accepts

Dr. Zimmer accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
First Health
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. Zimmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zimmer

4.5

needs better connecting tools
Not a good experience! I am a movement therapist, a professional dancer, travelled all over the globe seeking alternative health methods, and when in need I like seeing an MD to have a more scientific info. I expect a good connection with whomever I am trusting my body with. Eventhough he seemed to know what my issue is right away, he did not mention physical therapy ( HELLO!!!!), nor supplements, he did not have a question, he seemed to be rushing ( while I waited for him 45 minutes). I appreciate hearing what an MD knows and thinks but I am not the kind of person that trusts 100% their info. (specially when they are in a hurry). His information seems incomplete. It might work for many people that care less about a human interactive connection, and are naive thinking MDs know it all. The mode in which a doctor , therapist, healer relates to humans is a big part of the healing. As an artist this is quite clear to me.
Susana Weingarten Evert – Jul 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Great outcome from carpal tunnel release. Great doctor. Funny and pleasant.
Karen Wiley – Jan 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer is a awesome surgeon. He operated on both of my hands to help me have the quality of life I haven't in 10 years. I had carpal tunnel severely in both hands. Dr. Zimmer is very professional and listens to his patients. Great bedside manner. If your looking for a Orthopedic surgeon this is the doctor to call. Kudos to Dr. Zimmer and his staff!! .
Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
As a Physical Therapist I have seen several of Dr. Zimmers patients. I never heard any complaints. When I needed to have rotator cuff repair he was one of the Dr.s at the top of my list. He was able to see me first and I am very thankful for that. His bedside manner is terrific, he communicates very well, and answers all questions thoroughly. Three months after surgery I have full range, most strength returned, and only feel very slight, occasional pain. I highly reccomend Dr. Zimmer! I always felt comfortable with the Dr. and his entire staff.
May 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Absolutely the best. What I like about him is that he is thorough, communicates with his patients and an excellent surgeon. A very down to earth person.
Joe Muraco – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
A year ago, Dr. Zimmer did a Reverse Shoulder Replacement for me. The surgery and recovery could not have gone better! It really was a breeze! I was expecting a difficult recovery, because those I knew over the years who had rotator cuff surgery seemed miserable during recovery. I figured then replacing the whole shoulder would of course be that much worse. Myself, family, and friends were all shocked at how easily and quickly I recovered! I did all the PT and home exercises as instructed everyday. My shoulder muscles would ache a bit as I stretched them after surgery, but it was never painful. I hang wallpaper and do interior painting and was back to work full time in 8 weeks. If the surgery is an option for you, from my experience, I would highly recommend it. Dr. Zimmer is fantastic! He is so kind and full of positive energy. That same energy trickles down to his medical/office staff who are also so very kind, patient and helpful! I can't thank Dr. Zimmer enough for everything!
mary anne gluhank – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
On Dec 20, 2019, Dr Zimmer operated on my left rotator cuff. The experience was great, and gave me complete and total use. In May, he operated on my left hand to eliminate the pain at the base of my thumb. Another successful and textbook experience. The follow up visits with Dr Zimmer, and/or his PA Shelly were gentle yet thorough. Incidentally, my daughter and brothe-in-law have also had Dr Zimmer operate, and are as happy with the result as I am.
Joe Miskulin – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I walked in to a full waiting room, which I found odd, since there is only one doctor. I got to the appointment 15 minutes early to do paperwork. 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, I was pulled in by someone (not the doctor) and the first thing I was told is that I was going to get an x-ray. Outside of explaining to the recceptionist when I made my appointment that I had pain in my hand, I had not talked to, or explained, to anyone what was going on. I would expect at least a conversation with a doctor before x-rays are ordered. When I asked the person how much the x-ray costs, he was shocked and said he didn't know. After telling me he didn't know the price a couple times, I just left. As I was leaving, he offered to ask the office for the price. A poor experience and waste of my time. It definitely felt like it was an assembly line approach to treatment.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have Dr Zimmerman for 16 years, he is a good bed side mannered MD, he will not do any surgery , just to make money. He’s honest if he feels the surgery is not a good idea He knows , he will not do it . I haven’t met any other as good as Dr Scott Zimmer. Many doctors are pushing surgery , I trust this doctor, if he says No, that means No.
Mary in Chapin, SC – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Outstanding team from the secretaries all thw way through to Dr. Zimmer. You are treated with compassion and respect. Procedures are thoroughly explained and all questions are answered. This is the place to get your medical needs completed!
alice – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I began my treatment with Dr. Zimmer about 2 years ago. From the first time I walked into the office I felt like I was being heard! I explained to Dr. Zimmer my issue and expressed to him that surgery is a last resort. After several appointments, I had to come to the realization that there was no other alternative than to have surgery. I was concerned and most are hearing this, I felt I was in the best of care. Upon arriving for my surgery every single person that I engaged with took the time to understand what I was going through and helped me with my high level of anxiety and always made me feel like it was in great hands/care! My therapy afterwards, Angelo was so patient and so very kind. Although I wanted to push and just be better again, once again, they were so kind in helping me through my healing process! My scare is minimal, my pain is almost gone and cannot express my gratitude with just this letter to the entire team at Dr. Zimmer's office! THANK YOU!!!!
Gayle – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Friendly, both he and staff, thorough in explaining issues and provided relief. The way a medical practice should be run. First rate care!
Sep 06, 2019
Awesome doctor!!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer removed a ganglion cyst from my right ring finger/palm surface over a year ago. I have had 0 problems and was pleased with all aspects of my care. He fused both my thumbs in 2009 and 2011 (occupational hazard) , and I continue my fairly strenuous use of my hands without issues 8 + years later. Dr. "Z" - u rock!!! Susan
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and his staff were wonderful to work with regarding my shoulder surgery. I torn my shoulder and bicep. Dr. Zimmer sewed me back together! I highly recommend him. He also recommended me to Dr Chase majewski and Dr Heidi Thomas of Nova Care in Chardon for recovery. An awesome team. I head back to work on a couple of weeks a little weaker but getting stronger every day! Thank you, Dr Zimmer!
Deborah in OH – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I recently had a second surgery with Dr Zimmer and could not be happier. 3 years ago I had fractured my radius and he fixed it with a plate and 12 screws. I was back to work less than 2 wks later and have had absolutely no problem with it! In August I had to have rotator cuff and labrum repaired. It ended up being very complicated. He actually diagnosed the rotator cuff upon exam and the MRI had not picked up. He is incredibly thorough and extremely kind. I could not recommend him more highly!
Mary in Chardon, OH – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer saw me for an elbow fracture; referred by Dr. Gobezie. Diagnosed as a "near-Monteggia" fracture. Surgery to put a plate with several screws was the result. I was in a removable splint within a week. Followed his direction closely and used their occupational therapy service. He was very informative, friendly yet business-like. Recovery period was surprisingly short. Appointments were on time. I have recommended him to others.
CK in Gates Mills, OH – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer is one of the most caring doctors you will ever meet. Not to mention good looking. I had carpal tunnel surgery 5/18/2018 I seen him today for stitches removal 5/30/2018 everything is looking good, I'm on my way to recovery. Also his team he has are so pleasant.
Nancy Granchi in Chardon, OH – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have been dealing with a broken scaphoid for almost 10 weeks now and casted since January. I had gone to Dr. Zimmer today because I had heard he’s an amazing hand surgeon and from what I experienced and today-i agree! Dr. Zimmer within one short but very informative and comfortable appointment had told me what I should have heard from the other docs on day 1-that yes this needs surgery and he won’t make me wait past next Friday and it will be done! He’s awesome! Allie F.
Allie F. in North Ridgeville, Ohio – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and staff very professional and caring. He and Michelle (Phys. Asst) answered all my questions about the carpal tunnel surgery. I had both hands done at once, and the explanation on how I would feel in the following days was very accurate. I was able to do eat and do many things with my hands by the evening....sore, but taking tylenol/ibuprofen helped..It's been 10 days now since since surgery, and I have 100% usage of my hands...85% useage with minimal but manageable pain.
Dave B in Chardon – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zimmer?