Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 49

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Beachwood, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as West Medical Center and TriPoint Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zimmer to book an appointment.

Lake Health Physician Group Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center

New Patient?
(440) 517-1930
Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center Beachwood25501 Chagrin Blvd # 200 Beachwood, OH 44122
Ohio Hand to Shoulder Center Concord7590 Auburn Rd # 214 Concord Township, OH 44077

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Lake Health

Dr. Zimmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zimmer

4.5

Dr. Zimmer?
  • Office environment (84)
  • Explained conditions well (80)
  • Listened & answered questions (80)
  • Appointment was rushed (11)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (11)
As a Physical Therapist I have seen several of Dr. Zimmers patients. I never heard any complaints. When I needed to have rotator cuff repair he was one of the Dr.s at the top of my list. He was able to see me first and I am very thankful for that. His bedside manner is terrific, he communicates very well, and answers all questions thoroughly. Three months after surgery I have full range, most strength returned, and only feel very slight, occasional pain. I highly reccomend Dr. Zimmer! I always felt comfortable with the Dr. and his entire staff.
May 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Absolutely the best. What I like about him is that he is thorough, communicates with his patients and an excellent surgeon. A very down to earth person.
Joe Muraco – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
A year ago, Dr. Zimmer did a Reverse Shoulder Replacement for me. The surgery and recovery could not have gone better! It really was a breeze! I was expecting a difficult recovery, because those I knew over the years who had rotator cuff surgery seemed miserable during recovery. I figured then replacing the whole shoulder would of course be that much worse. Myself, family, and friends were all shocked at how easily and quickly I recovered! I did all the PT and home exercises as instructed everyday. My shoulder muscles would ache a bit as I stretched them after surgery, but it was never painful. I hang wallpaper and do interior painting and was back to work full time in 8 weeks. If the surgery is an option for you, from my experience, I would highly recommend it. Dr. Zimmer is fantastic! He is so kind and full of positive energy. That same energy trickles down to his medical/office staff who are also so very kind, patient and helpful! I can't thank Dr. Zimmer enough for everything!
mary anne gluhank – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
On Dec 20, 2019, Dr Zimmer operated on my left rotator cuff. The experience was great, and gave me complete and total use. In May, he operated on my left hand to eliminate the pain at the base of my thumb. Another successful and textbook experience. The follow up visits with Dr Zimmer, and/or his PA Shelly were gentle yet thorough. Incidentally, my daughter and brothe-in-law have also had Dr Zimmer operate, and are as happy with the result as I am.
Joe Miskulin – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I walked in to a full waiting room, which I found odd, since there is only one doctor. I got to the appointment 15 minutes early to do paperwork. 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, I was pulled in by someone (not the doctor) and the first thing I was told is that I was going to get an x-ray. Outside of explaining to the recceptionist when I made my appointment that I had pain in my hand, I had not talked to, or explained, to anyone what was going on. I would expect at least a conversation with a doctor before x-rays are ordered. When I asked the person how much the x-ray costs, he was shocked and said he didn't know. After telling me he didn't know the price a couple times, I just left. As I was leaving, he offered to ask the office for the price. A poor experience and waste of my time. It definitely felt like it was an assembly line approach to treatment.
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have Dr Zimmerman for 16 years, he is a good bed side mannered MD, he will not do any surgery , just to make money. He’s honest if he feels the surgery is not a good idea He knows , he will not do it . I haven’t met any other as good as Dr Scott Zimmer. Many doctors are pushing surgery , I trust this doctor, if he says No, that means No.
Mary in Chapin, SC – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Outstanding team from the secretaries all thw way through to Dr. Zimmer. You are treated with compassion and respect. Procedures are thoroughly explained and all questions are answered. This is the place to get your medical needs completed!
alice – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I began my treatment with Dr. Zimmer about 2 years ago. From the first time I walked into the office I felt like I was being heard! I explained to Dr. Zimmer my issue and expressed to him that surgery is a last resort. After several appointments, I had to come to the realization that there was no other alternative than to have surgery. I was concerned and most are hearing this, I felt I was in the best of care. Upon arriving for my surgery every single person that I engaged with took the time to understand what I was going through and helped me with my high level of anxiety and always made me feel like it was in great hands/care! My therapy afterwards, Angelo was so patient and so very kind. Although I wanted to push and just be better again, once again, they were so kind in helping me through my healing process! My scare is minimal, my pain is almost gone and cannot express my gratitude with just this letter to the entire team at Dr. Zimmer's office! THANK YOU!!!!
Gayle – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Friendly, both he and staff, thorough in explaining issues and provided relief. The way a medical practice should be run. First rate care!
Sep 06, 2019
Awesome doctor!!
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer removed a ganglion cyst from my right ring finger/palm surface over a year ago. I have had 0 problems and was pleased with all aspects of my care. He fused both my thumbs in 2009 and 2011 (occupational hazard) , and I continue my fairly strenuous use of my hands without issues 8 + years later. Dr. "Z" - u rock!!! Susan
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and his staff were wonderful to work with regarding my shoulder surgery. I torn my shoulder and bicep. Dr. Zimmer sewed me back together! I highly recommend him. He also recommended me to Dr Chase majewski and Dr Heidi Thomas of Nova Care in Chardon for recovery. An awesome team. I head back to work on a couple of weeks a little weaker but getting stronger every day! Thank you, Dr Zimmer!
Deborah in OH – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I recently had a second surgery with Dr Zimmer and could not be happier. 3 years ago I had fractured my radius and he fixed it with a plate and 12 screws. I was back to work less than 2 wks later and have had absolutely no problem with it! In August I had to have rotator cuff and labrum repaired. It ended up being very complicated. He actually diagnosed the rotator cuff upon exam and the MRI had not picked up. He is incredibly thorough and extremely kind. I could not recommend him more highly!
Mary in Chardon, OH – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer saw me for an elbow fracture; referred by Dr. Gobezie. Diagnosed as a "near-Monteggia" fracture. Surgery to put a plate with several screws was the result. I was in a removable splint within a week. Followed his direction closely and used their occupational therapy service. He was very informative, friendly yet business-like. Recovery period was surprisingly short. Appointments were on time. I have recommended him to others.
CK in Gates Mills, OH – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr. Zimmer is one of the most caring doctors you will ever meet. Not to mention good looking. I had carpal tunnel surgery 5/18/2018 I seen him today for stitches removal 5/30/2018 everything is looking good, I'm on my way to recovery. Also his team he has are so pleasant.
Nancy Granchi in Chardon, OH – May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I have been dealing with a broken scaphoid for almost 10 weeks now and casted since January. I had gone to Dr. Zimmer today because I had heard he’s an amazing hand surgeon and from what I experienced and today-i agree! Dr. Zimmer within one short but very informative and comfortable appointment had told me what I should have heard from the other docs on day 1-that yes this needs surgery and he won’t make me wait past next Friday and it will be done! He’s awesome! Allie F.
Allie F. in North Ridgeville, Ohio – Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Dr Zimmer and staff very professional and caring. He and Michelle (Phys. Asst) answered all my questions about the carpal tunnel surgery. I had both hands done at once, and the explanation on how I would feel in the following days was very accurate. I was able to do eat and do many things with my hands by the evening....sore, but taking tylenol/ibuprofen helped..It's been 10 days now since since surgery, and I have 100% usage of my hands...85% useage with minimal but manageable pain.
Dave B in Chardon – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I had carpal tunnel release surgery a few weeks ago. From my initial visit with Dr. Zimmer to surgery and finally follow up, I was very satisfied with his knowledge, ease of communication, surgical skills and friendly staff that made it all come together. I actually found his name from these reviews, and his high marks proved to be accurate. Thanks for fixing my hand, Dr. Zimmer!
Nora in Mayfield Heights – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I can not say enough nice things about Dr Zimmer. He is by far the kindest doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything in great detail not only the first time i saw him but every single time. I had 100% confidence in Dr Zimmer. My thumb he treated is doing wonderful. I have recommended him to several family members and friends.
Painesville, OH – Oct 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Zimmer. I have had three procedures done by him. Need I say more?
M. Nadbath in Madison, Oh – Sep 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Zimmer?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Zimmer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Zimmer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Zimmer treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Zimmer treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • McMurray's Test
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Zimmer accepts

(440) 517-1930

Dr. Zimmer accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Tricare

Provide the latest surgical and non-surgical care to my patients for conditions of the hand, elbow, and shoulder.  This care will be provided with...Read more

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery