Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Willoughby, OH. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

5105 Som Center Rd Ste 102

Willoughby, OH 44094

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Zimmer

See how frequently Dr. Zimmer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders
Neuroplasty

Dr. Zimmer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Mount Carmel Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Shands Hosp At The University Of Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Zimmer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zimmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zimmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zimmer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zimmer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Zimmer's Performance
Painesville, OH |
I can not say enough nice things about Dr Zimmer. He is by far the kindest doctor I have ever seen. He explained everything in great detail not only the first time i saw him but every single time. I had 100% confidence in Dr Zimmer. My thumb he treated is doing wonderful. I have recommended him to several family members and friends.
in Madison, Oh |
I highly recommend Dr. Zimmer. I have had three procedures done by him. Need I say more?
in Chardon, OH |
Dr Z and his practice are AWESOME!!!!! I had my right shoulder replaced the end of April. I suffered with arthritis for several years and would never have believed that I could feel so good and have such excellent range of motion after only 12 weeks!!!!! I wish I would have done this sooner. I can enjoy riding my bike, walking my dog and horseback riding like I have not been able to do for years! Thank You for helping me get my active lifestyle back!
in Newbury, OH |
I would highly recommend Dr. Zimmer to anyone for surgery. He and his staff are very professional and friendly. I felt very confident under their care. The surgery was quick with very little discomfort and the recovery went very well.
in Twinsburg, OH |
Dr Zimmer and his staff did an amazing job fixing my tennis elbow. My condition was caused by weightlifting and golf. Due to excessive use I could not golf any longer even after significant rest and no weight lifting. Dr Zimmer did an expert surgery and I am back to 100%.
in Chagrin falls ohio |
The Doctor has repaired both my shoulders a few years apart. One was sever trauma from lifting a heavy object and the other a clean up. In both cases I was like new in no time. Recently I had carpal release and an ulnar transposition and I have my right hand back. Its been 3 weeks and I doing awsome. Dr. Zimmer is always there if you have questions or concerns and I trust him with my health. Three seperate times Ive relied on Dr.Zimmer to get me back to normal, three times Ive benn well served.
in Saybrook, OH |
Dr. Zimmer and his staff have been awesome. He repaired my completely torn distal bicep very quickly with 100% professionalism. Dr. Zimmer took the time to listen to my questions and address any concerns I had. My rating for Dr. Zimmer would be an A+ for the care he provides and the quality he offers!
Dr Zimmer did a wonderful job! My son broke his hand at the beginning of wrestling season his senior year. We went to a Dr. Who told us he would not be able to wrestle the rest of the season, so we got a second opinion. After a couple weeks Dr. Zimmer allowed my son to return to practice and cleared him just a few days before conference.My son managed to make it as an alternate at districts and was able to finish his wrestling season as a senior Thank you so much for giving him this opportunity
in Painesville, OH |
Dr. Zimmer is great he made me feel very comfortable my surgery went very well he did a great job. And believe me it was no easy task 2 very nasty breaks. No complaints here hope I never need more but if I did he would be first on my list. Thank you Dr. Zimmer for fixing me. Marilyn
in Painesville, OH |
My overall experience with Dr. Zimmer and staff was fantastic. I had carpal tunnel procedure done on right hand. Four days later I was back to work. That is after being able to sleep at night and not have the severe pain from my finger tips to my elbow. Thank you Dr. Zimmer and staff!
in Mantua, OH |
I am now a 'member' of the Double Rotator Cuff Surgery Club...2nd one was 2 1/2 weeks ago 02.24.17!!..I am over-joyed with the outcome. Dr. Zimmer and the entire Surgical Team are professional, experts in their field and are so caring and attentive...Who could ask for more! I never had any doubts or questions as everything was made clear and" understandable" :-) Don't suffer and put things off...there is nor reason when a doctor this qualified is available. One Happy Camper!
in Solon, OH |
I am beyond pleased with my carpal tunnel surgery performed by Dr. Zimmer. I had surgery on the left hand at the end of December, 2016 and the right hand surgery on January 31, 2017. The healing is so perfect you can hardly tell there was an incision. My left hand had been severe and the right moderate. I no longer have pain in my hands during the night. I recommend having surgery when your carpal tunnel is moderate and to not wait until it is severe. I highly recommend Dr. Z. Sheila, Solon
in Mantua, Oh |
My family has been going to Dr Zimmer for several years. He is an excellant Dr who shows compassion and concern for his patients welfare. He works with you to create a plan for treatment and fully explains all options. I wouldn't trust any other Dr to take care of our family. Thank you Dr Zimmer!
in Middlefield Ohio |
Dr Zimmer replaced my Basal joint. He has corrected trigger finger and carpal tunnel. All was done with 100% success. I have zero pain in my left hand. He injects my right hand until l I'm able to have the basal joint replaced as well. I have no fear in having this surgery considering how perfect the surgery went on my left hand. I highly recommend him. He is not only a phenomenal doctor. He truly cares about his patients. And is very kind. He makes receiving painful injections , not so bad.
in Mentor, OH |
I found Dr. Zimmer's attitude to be kind, interested, and reassuring. I felt confident with his diagnosis and recommendation for surgery and would certainly recommend his services and expertise to anyone in need.
in Hiram, OH |
Dr. Zimmer has always been very professional and knowledgeable --- with personality plus!
in Mentor, OH |
I have been with Dr. Scott Zimmer for some time for treatment on my hands and shoulders due to my arthritis. I have found him to be understanding and the big plus is that he listens. I recommend him highly. If there is a need for a good orthopedic specialist give Dr. Scott Zimmer a call. Ellen
Bedford, OH |
Hand two hand surgeries by Dr. Zimmer - both healing well and quickly. He's a great surgeon.
Cleveland, OH |
I would strongly not recommend Dr. Zimmer. I had surgery to correct carpal tunnel. The after care was ridiculous. I previously had surgery on my other hand. The healing and pain during the recovery period was very painful. I saw the "doctor" on two occasions, complaining that I was not healing properly. He very pompously looked at my hand and said it was progressing well. Needless to say, my hand is in a worse condition than it was prior to the surgery. ??
Chagrin Falls, OH |
He has been very good and did an excellent job with the surgery on my arm. In the office his staff are very nice. They run a tight ship and are very busy flowing patients quickly in and out. The answering service has something to be desired and the office rep in Solon seemed very disturbed I was interrupting her solitaire game on the computer, and was cold and annoyed, when I showed up for one appt. That said, the doctor is good.
in Painesville, OH |
Kind, caring and positive. I always look forward to seeing Dr. Zimmer.
in Painesville, OH |
Dr Zimmer & his staff are a complete package of 5 star traits!Reflective of a mission statement,obviously ingrained in the fabric of his entire practice.He delivers a level of exacting technical and personal skills, a combination clearly surpassing all matrix's that judge a Dr-period!He exemplifies doctoring of the highest order.Driven to assuage all patients concerns-calmly addressing their anxiety.An ability far too few in his trade posses! His doctoring future has icon written all over it!
in Mentor, OH |
Dr. Zimmer demonstrated all the kindness, attentiveness and humanistic intangibles one can hope for in a doctor! He talks to you, explains the issues and answers all your questions in a way, only a true specialist in his field embodies. He unequivocally has a supreme mastery of his specialty, which is delivered with a clear and demonstrative understanding of his craft. Beyond a doubt, Dr. Zimmer is one to be looked up to and emulated by his peers!
Chardon, OH |
Dr. Zimmer is professional and very knowledgeable. My hands are my tools and very important in my vocation as well as my hobbies. His diagnosis was thorough and accurate. He explained fully what my condition was and what needed to be done to repair it. My surgery was well done and went exactly as Dr. Zimmer had explained it. I am pleased with the care and work that I have received from Dr. Zimmer and his staff. I have recommended Dr. Zimmer and will continue to do so. Thank you Dr Z!
in Dorset, OH |
Doctor Zimmer was their for us during a very difficult time and I cant say enough that justifies the outstanding care and dedication during this time. Dr. Zimmer and his staff are excellent they were there to help me understand and make things easier. Amy was there for me to answer all my questions and I had a lot of them. Dr. Zimmer was so great after Ervin's surgery being there and explaining everything I needed to know. He is a great person to deal with and to have as a doctor.
in Dorset, OH |
Doctor Zimmer was their for us during a very difficult time and I cant say enough that justifies the outstanding care and dedication he gave to me during this time. Dr. Zimmer and his staff deserve more than 5 stars as far as I am concerned.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Zimmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Zimmer?

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Coventry Health America PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA