Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD

Dr. Wolfe
Telehealth services available

Scott W Wolfe MD

523 E 72Nd St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Wolfe has more experience with Hand/Wrist than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hospital For Special Surgery and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wolfe to book an appointment.

Dr. Wolfe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wolfe

4.4

83.87096774193549%
9.67741935483871%

Dr. Wolfe?
  • Staff friendliness (26)
  • Explained conditions well (25)
  • Listened & answered questions (25)
  • Long wait times (13)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
Dr. Wolfe was recommended to me as the best hand surgeon in the world. Based on my experience with him, that must be the truth. Other doctors said that in a few years my hand would not be functional. Now about a year and a half out from my surgery, I am recovering well and am able to play tennis without pain. I am so grateful to Dr. Wolfe and I would recommend him a thousand times over.
J. Vander Stoep – Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
This is the first time I have ever reviewed a doctor. The reason I am writing this comment is due to the remarkable result of a procedure performed by Dr. Wolfe on my wrist. I had suffered with wrist pain for at least 20 years. I was examined by doctors at NYU, Columbia Presbyterian, and Mt. Sinai. All of the proposed procedures suggested would have resulted in significant loss of functionality as well as increased instability in the joint. The procedure performed by Dr. Wolfe was the least invasive and resulted in the complete elimination of my chronic pain as well as a major increase in the range of motion.
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe has given my arm back to me. After surgery to resolve multiple problems in my shoulder only resolved some problems last year, my original surgeon, Dr. Struan Coleman, also of HSS who did a fantastic job on my shoulder by restoring my strength and mobility, referred me to Dr. Wolfe. Dr. Wolfe was intent on determining what was still causing me pain and difficulty. He correctly diagnosed a compressed ulnar nerve in my elbow and he operated on my elbow. I started seeing results that week, as the numbness and tingling and pain I’d had for ages was gone! I owe Dr. Wolfe, his PA Carly, and the entire office so much gratitude. They are friendly, professional, caring, and devoted. Dr. Wolfe does not rest until he fixes his patients’ problems. If, heaven forbid, I ever have another problem with anything in Dr. Wolfe’s field, I won’t hesitate to give him a call.
Jacob Pollicove – Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Angels I say, they’re Angels. Heaven is short a half a dozen angels and they all work at HSS in New York. I recently had surgery for carpal tunnel at HSS. My right hand on July 7 and my left hand on August 4th. Dr. Wolf was my surgeon and savior. I was very nervous for my first surgery but from the moment I came into the Ambulatory center the staff put me at ease and reassured me at every turn. I can not say enough for these wonderful people (angels). From the moment I entered pre op, and until I was in recovery there was always someone comforting me and making sure I understood what was happening. During my first surgery one of the attendants could see I was nervous and in some pain, she immediately alerted Dr. Wold and said, “let me hold your hand until you are more comfortable.” You have no idea how wonderful that made me feel. When I came in for my next round I was so happy to see most of the same angels who had taken cane of me the first time, I was immediately at ease.
James H. McCord – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe takes the extra time and is truly only worried about one thing, the best possible outcome for his patients, I'm living proof. The nerve pain I had for 6 years is gone along with the many other symptoms I suffered from with Parsonage Turner Syndrome. I have now had 3 episodes of PTS and he knew exactly what to do and how to do it, where other doctors have failed for 6 years. His optimism and drive to make his patients better is uncanny. His office is amazing as well, they ALL have been extremely, kind, patient and go above and beyond the scope of what they are supposed to do. It's so unfortunate that there are only 5 stars, because I honestly feel that there isn't enough stars for a proper rating for Dr. Wolfe. He is by far the best I've ever come across and again I've been in the O.R. for 27 years. I feel very fortunate to have met Dr. Wolfe and even more fortunate he's given me hope and and my life back the way it was before I was injured. Much love and appreciation for him!
Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
I had Dupuytren’s disease in my left hand and it had progressed over the last 10 years. HSS and Dr. Wolfe made the surgery and the administrative process almost painless. Dr. Wolfe’s team is very welcoming and made me feel at ease throughout the surgery preparation, recovery and follow up. In addition, Dr. Wolfe interviewed my physical therapist that I had selected and found them wanting, so he suggested I find one with the proper credentials which I did and am now much further along in recovery. Thank you Dr. Wolfe and team!
Tom H. – Apr 03, 2020
Dear Tom, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Prior to seeing Dr. Wolfe, I had visited other physicians in New Jersey for a problem with the anterior interosseous nerve in my left arm, which prevented me from moving my left thumb. Some doctors suggested waiting to see if the nerve would heal on its own, another wanted to do an older surgical procedure from which I might have regained some mobility. When I visited Dr. Wolfe, he immediately identified the condition I had, and provided me with a roadmap for treatment, which included a new innovative surgical procedure. Dr. Wolfe is a pioneer in the treatment of this condition, and because of his medical expertise in this field, I have now completely regained full use of my thumb. I am forever thankful to his attention to detail, bedside manner, and the thorough explanations I received every time I visited him. He is definitely a leader in his field, and worthy of not just a 5 star recommendation, but a perfect 10!
Holly Khoury – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Recently had surgery for carpal tunnel and had unfavorable outcome and was treated unprofessionally! after I complained of pain and being treated unprofessionally-Dr Wolfe’s behavior changed and he was more attentive. The point is I never should have been spoken to unprofessionally and had my complaints dismissed in the first place. My hand is worse than before the surgery. The assistant Carly just says “got it” after all my complaints but actually she never really “got it” or cared. Go elsewhere. HSS Has a great reputation but with my experience -I would never recommend anyone there
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 22, 2019
We aim to provide the highest quality patient...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dear Dr Scott Wolfe, It's easy to see why you are recognized as one of the best doctors in New York City, an honor very well deserved. I am very grateful to you and your incredible staff. Your secretary went beyond the call of duty… very professional, very accommodating, very kind. Your physician's assistant Carly was always available to answer questions and give guidance. She is a credit to her profession. I received excellent care and am aware of how fortunate I am to be your patient. Sincerely, Jo Frances Cipolla East Amerst, NY
  • Long wait times
Jun 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Scott Wolfe, aside from being a top-rated surgeon, has outstanding bedside manner. This is important to me. I like to know the facts, and have them presented to me in a clear and respectful manner. I saw him for a tricep tendon issue, and we agreed to pursue several months of PT. The problem remained, and so I elected to do surgery. It went perfectly. I'm lucky, but I also had a good doctor! His supporting staff are also very good, friendly and knowledgable. He is a fixer!
JG in New York, NY – Dec 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe performed surgery on my right wrist. I had total confidence in him and the outcome of the surgery. I wanted the best and that is what I got!
Melissa G. – Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
I went to dr wolfe for ulnar nerve transposition in 12-2017. I did so because his reviews were high and he seemed very experienced. However several months after my surgery I still get pain from my elbow to my pinky if I lift over 4lb weights or pull things hard. This wasn’t the case before Surgery.Plus I have a lot of scar tissue which seems excessive Everytime I followed up Dr wolfe was never in his office or followed up with me as I am under his care for a full year
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr. Wolfe’s excellence as a highly-skilled hand surgeon are as superb as his ability to engage with patients and put them at ease. Sensitive to his patients, Dr. Wolfe takes the time necessary to be sure his patients are comfortable before and after surgery and as he carefully performs delicate surgery. I know from colleagues and my own recent surgery just how exceptional Dr. Wolfe is. I had peace of mind knowing that I was in the safe hands of Dr. Wolfe and his professional, caring staff.
  • Long wait times
Brenda Friedler in Stamford, CT – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
I cannot begin to fully explain how grateful we are to Dr. Wolfe. Every step of the way we were met with support & compassion. From pre-op to post-op follow up appointments, every question and concern was addressed. Because of Dr. Wolfe, Robert is back on the field participating in the sports he loves. The results are phenomenal. We have a very happy young man and one very happy Mom. Thank you Dr. Wolfe!
Robert Forgione in West Harrison, NY – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Dr WOLFE repaired my broken wrist with perfection and humor! An amazing experience. He also fixed a trigger finger in the shortest out- patient operation ever!! Both procedures are perfect !!! Dr. WOLFE is the best!!!
Bertha Judith Hanau in New York, NY – Dec 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
Left arm totally destroyed motorcycle accident. Dr Wolfe performed 3 nerve transplants with 100% success. A brilliant person who actually speaks to you in conversation you can understand. His staff is terrific. Dr Wolfe surrounds himself with talented and compassionate people
Bill Parry in Milford Ct – Oct 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?
excellent experience, both during consultation and procedure.
Karel de Boer in New York, NY – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Wolfe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wolfe?

We provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment for all disorders of the hand and upper extremity in a welcoming and professional environment.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery