Dr. Scott Wingerter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Scott Wingerter, MD
Dr. Scott Wingerter, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Leawood, KS. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Wingerter is affiliated with Truman Medical Center Hospital Hill, Saint Luke's South Hospital, Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute and Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City.

Dr. Wingerter's Care Philosophy

I am an orthopaedic surgeon with a practice focus on joint preservation and joint replacement surgery. My goal is getting patients back to enjoying life and remaining active, whether you are a weekend warrior or are trying to keep up with the grandkids. I take care of conditions including hip impingement, labral tears of the hip, arthritis of the hip/knee, and avascular necrosis. I perform hip and knee arthroscopy, hip resurfacing and arthroplasty, and partial and total knee arthroplasty.

Dr. Wingerter's Experience

See how Dr. Wingerter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wingerter

Dr. Wingerter accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Wingerter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Wingerter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wingerter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wingerter to family and friends
    Dr. Wingerter's Performance
    Great experience all around
    in Lenexa, KS |
    Dr. Wingerter answered all my questions directly and thoroughly prior to surgery (he was the 3rd surgeon I interviewed). Nothing glib or evasive. His approach was carefully considered, and the best for fast and full recovery. I walked with a cane into my 2-week follow-up, and began walking w/o cane in another 2 weeks. 3 months and I was back to normal activities including bicycling, long walks, and standing for hours when needed. When I need the left done, I will call him again.
    in Logan, KS |
    Very happy with my new hip! It also fixed my knee pain! I would recommend Dr. Wingerter to anyone needing a hip or a knee replacement. He has done a knee and two hips for me. He is efficient and professional.
    in Grain Valley. Missouri |
    Replaced my left knee and my recovery was ahead of schedule from day one. He will be replacing right knee soon.
    Overland Park, KS |
    6 week out back to normal
    in Kansas City, MO |
    Was so pleased. Great surgeon and bed side manner. He did a excellent surgery,
    in Leawood KS |
    Surgery went well. I was confident before surgery after I met with him and he clearly explained what my options were and patiently answered my questions.
    in Overland Park, KS |
    Excellent work. Extremely happy with results.
    Leawood,KS |
    From the initial consultation through the surgery and recovery, Dr Wingerter clearly outlined options for my hip replacement and set accurate expectations on the surgery and recovery.
    in Overland Park, KS |
    Dr. Wingerter is the absolute best!! Fixed my hip and I've need felt better! Plus he is friendly and truly cares about the patient!
    in Kansas City, MO |
    is professional, finally, and take the time to explain of the procedures. I had a hip replacement, left, totally, and everything went exactly as described. I am 3 weeks out from surgery and walking nicely using a cane. Dr. Winger provided me options, explained the options, and made a recommendation based on my conditions. I appreciate his diligence, understanding of The Human Condition, and desire to ensure my quality of life. Dr. Winger seems to be on the Forefront of hip replacement surgery.
    Kansas City, MO |
    Professional and an extremely skilled surgeon.
    in Lenexa, KS |
    Dr. Wingerter performed a minimally invasive hip replacement that no other surgeon in our area performs yet.He was kind, listened carefully to my reservations about having the surgery, when to have it, and did not try to pressure or convince me.He offered statistics as well as experiences of others, and I opted to have the surgery earlier than I otherwise would have, to capitalize on being stronger and in better condition. Seven weeks out now, I am certain I made the best decision.He was great!
    in Leawood, KS |
    spends as little time as possible with me in the office. good surgeon. I had a quick recovery but now have an issue with one leg longer than the other.
    Have you seen Dr. Scott Wingerter, MD?
    Are you Dr. Wingerter?

Dr. Wingerter's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wingerter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. Wingerter has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wingerter's Board Certifications

• Avascular Necrosis
    • Hip Impingement
    • Hip Labral Tear

New York Medical College

Graduated in 2005

Completed in 2008

Completed in 2012

Joint Preservation, Resurfacing, and Replacement, Washington University, St. Louis, Mo

Completed in 2013

University of Georgia
    • Other Education

Completed in 2009

Dr. Wingerter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wingerter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hip Replacement