Dr. Scott Wein, MD

Dr. Scott Wein, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Wein, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

3001 Edwards Mill Rd

Raleigh, NC 27612

• American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Wein

See how frequently Dr. Wein performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

De Quervain's Disease
De Quervain's Release
Ganglion Cyst

Dr. Wein's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wein's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wein "Dr. Scott Wein is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon with a specialty in hand, wrist and elbow surgery. A native of Greensboro, Dr. Wein graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Washington & Lee University with a B.S. in Biology and a B.A. in Chemistry. Dr. Wein attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical School. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Virginia Health System. Following residency, Dr. Wein obtained additional training in hand and upper extremity surgery at the Indiana Hand Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Dr. Wein joined Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic in August 2008. Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic is the oldest and largest orthopaedic practice in Wake County. Dr. Wein cares for recreational and competitive athletes including N.C. State athletes. In his free time, he enjoys bicycling, fishing, kayaking, and playing golf, as well as spending time with his wife and two daughters."

This content was provided by Dr. Wein "Dr. Wein is committed to providing the highest quality musculoskeletal care available in the Triangle and surrounding regions of central North Carolina. "

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Washington & Lee University
  • University of Virginia Health System/Department of Orthopaedics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Indiana Hand Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Wein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wein to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Wein Says:

Thank you for the feedback.

Dr. Wein's Performance
in Garner, NC |
Dr. Wein is a fantastic doctor and surgeon. He and his PA ask the appropriate questions and uncover the root of the problem. He performed surgery on my left hand and I have been pain free since that surgery in 2013. Now, we are looking to see what can be done for my right hand. Would highly recommend Dr. Wein to others. Thanks!
in RALEIGH,NC |
I WAS REFERED BY 2 OTHE DR'S AND NOW I WILL REFER
in Raleigh, NC |
I have already recommended Dr, Wein to a friend. He is professional, skilled and tells you what to expect and what you should do for s
in Raleigh, NC |
Took time with me and answered my questions. Explained my problem so that I could understand. Great results from surgery.
in Raleigh, NC |
I saw Dr. Wein for arthritis in my hands, specifically in my thumbs. I am a writer and love DYI projects, so the pain in my hands was greatly affecting my quality of life. I had a friend in Texas who had the same surgery at the same time. She had two incisions; I had one. Her recovery time was weeks longer. I was really pleased with the entire experience - the efficiency of the surgery center, Dr. Wein's expertise in the surgery, the PT experience and the speed of my recovery. Highly recommend.
in North Wilkesboro, NC |
Very professional, patient oriented, and excellent results
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Wein provided excellent care for my 5 year old with a fractured elbow. Patient and calm with a wiggly 5 year old who asked a million questions while Dr. Wein was putting on his cast. Reassuring and knowledgeable to me as well.
in Stem, NC |
Dr. Wein was very knowledgeably in dealing with my injury. Staff was always courteous and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Wein and Staff .
in Wilson, NC |
We had an outstanding experience with Dr. Wein! My twelve year old daughter had an injury that was rare for her age. He was very kind to her and went out of his way to make her feel comfortable. He was very thorough and was so dedicated to finding a cause and solution for her pain. Her surgery was a complete success and her recovery thus far has been amazingly smooth. I would recommend Dr. Wein to any pediatric or adult patient!
in Dunn, NC |
I had left and right trigger finger surgery at the same time. Recovery was fantastic. Recommend having both hands done at the same time if needed, easy recovery. Highly recommend Dr. Wein and staff.
Raleigh, NC |
I am a patient of Dr. Wein but also have been a RN for 35+ years. I found him to be very informative and personable. He explained in detail what my surgery would entail and covered the procedure so thoroughly that I had very few questions. His knowledge of upper extremity treatment, rather it be an elective procedure or trauma, is impressive. I absolutely would recommend Dr. Wein to friends and family. His PA is very efficient and smart with her speciality being upper extremity also.
in Raleigh, NC |
We visited Dr. Wein after my 11 year old broke his forearm. Dr. Wein's cordial, sympathetic, professional manner put us at ease instantly. He even related to my son with a story from his childhood and made him smile despite his pain. We learned that my son's break was bad and he needed it set in the OR before casting it. Dr Wein performed the procedure and from the beginning of the process to removing his cast, he gave us impeccable service and care. We recommend him wholeheartedly.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Wein took care of me when I was pregnant and having horrible carpal tunnel. The cortisone shots he gave me really helped ease my discomfort. I've had two babies and have seen him both go arounds and have been very impressed with him, the nice office, and friendly staff.
in Raleigh, NC |
I took my mother to see Dr. Wein when she fell and broke her elbow. He was so friendly and took a lot of time explaining what needed to be done. He ended up doing surgery, and the outcome has been great. I would recommend Dr. Wein to anyone.
in Raleigh, NC |
Saw Dr. Wein on several occasions for carpel tunnel symptoms, severe wrist pain, and trigger finger (I spend 90+% of my work day at a computer, so I've had multiple hand issues over the last few years). Dr. Wein was professional, courteous, and informative. Dr. Wein took the time to explain the issue, the cause, and the possible treatment options. Dr. Wein was sensitive to the cost and ensuring that I understood my own role in my treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Wein, MD?
Are you Dr. Wein?