Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Tucker, MD
Dr. Scott Tucker is a fellowship-trained Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgeon, having completed specialized training with one of the pioneers of Sports Medicine, Dr. James Andrews.

Orthopaedic Specialists of New Orleans

3434 Prytania St Ste 310

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

Learn about Dr. Tucker

Dr. Tucker's Experience

Dr. Tucker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Colby College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • The Andrews Institute, Gulf Breeze, Fl
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Tucker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tucker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tucker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tucker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tucker to family and friends
Dr. Tucker's Performance
Gretna, LA |
Dr. Tucker is a very friendly and intelligent doctor! He makes sure that you understand everything that is going on with you and his workers at the front desk and behind the scenes do the same!!
in New Orleans, LA |
I chose to see Dr. Scott Tucker because he is a fellowship-trained Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgeon. I was suffering with a (right shoulder) "completely torn rotator cuff" which had retracted. He performed surgery which entailed a superior capsular reconstruction, biceps tenodesis, and subacromial decompression. The surgery was a complete success. I have full range of my shoulder and arm at 6 months post-op. I regard Dr. Tucker as an exceptional surgeon, and I highly recommend him.
New Orleans, LA |
Excellent care. Arm fracture necessitated surgery that was scheduled the following day and was able to be accomplished with minimally invasive surgical procedure and home about 2 hours after surgery. Managed with nerve block and pump - I did not need any pain medication. Great PT from Crescent City Moreau PT!
New Orleans, LA |
The doctor was good, the office staff is terrible! They are unorganized and it is obviously a poorly managed office. They seem to have absolutely no communication skills, which is important for a health care office. My original appointment was cancelled and rescheduled twice. They don't validate your parking.
in new orleans, la |
Would definitely recommend-very professional and diligent
in New Orleans, LA |
I saw Dr Scott Tucker from April 2016 to April 2017 for a painful right shoulder injury. He saw me in his office within a week of being referred by my primary care physician and was always available for appointments whenever I needed them. After trying physical therapy and steroid injections with little success, he decided to do surgery to remove a bone spur from my shoulder joint. This surgery was completely successful and I've been pain free for two months.
in Belle Chasse, LA |
Dr. Tucker was very understanding. He took the time to talk to be about the shoulder problem I was having and what was going on. He explained what was going to take place before and after the surgery. He really put my mind at ease and ready to have the surgery. I receive excellent treatment, care and found him and his staff to be very comment and professional. They are the best ever.
in New Orleans |
I found scheduling, appointments and services provided to deliver exactly what I wanted.
in New Orleans, LA |
Excellent surgeon !! Great bed side manner and friendly staff!! Would highly recommend him!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Tucker was very personable and took the time to understand my specific issues. I received excellent care and found his staff to be competent and professional.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Tucker performed shoulder surgery on me on March 30, 2016. From initial consultation through the postoperative period, he was compassionate, engaged and professional. One example, as I was leaving Touro Imaging after an MRI, the tech came out to ask me to get back in the machine. Turns out Dr. Tucker was watching the test in real time and wanted the tech to look at a few more angles to better prepare for the surgery. The PTs at Crane rehab said he met with them personally. Most unusual.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Tucker recommended trapeziectomy surgery for arthritis in my hand. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Tucker explained the procedure in detail, the recovery period (6 weeks) and what to expect post surgery. During the six week period, the healing process proceeded as he had explained. He has a great bedside manner and listens to your concerns. I would highly recommend him to friends and relatives for orthopedic surgery.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Tucker consulted and performed surgery for a torn labrum for me. He was very professional, informative, and provided me options for treatment rather than just prescribing surgery. He and his staff are very polite and helpful.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Scott A. Tucker is one of the most professional doctors I have ever met. He is very personable and truly cares about his patients. I had surgery on my left shoulder and I am very pleased with the results of it. I have already recommended him to others and will continue to do so.
Dr Tucker was great explaining my somewhat complicated injury and how he planned on treating me. The surgery went well. I had two post-op office visits and I was done. His staff was friendly and I never had to wait to be seen. I would highly recommend Dr Tucker!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Tucker was a professional, empathetic and efficient physician. He really listened to my concerns and addressed all my answers. I highly recommend seeing him!
in New Orleans, la |
I just had the most incredible experience visiting Dr. Tucker for a hand injury. He was right on time, his nurse and himself greeted me with big smiles couldn't have been nicer. They did x rays to check on me and gave me results quicker than any office I have ever been to. I felt that he really listened to my issue and was very concerned and cared. I highly recommend Dr. Tucker to anyone. You will not be disappointed.
in New Orleans, LA |
I broke my ankle and it required surgery. Dr. Tucker and the entire staff were extremely helpful, knowledgable and professional. I would certainly recommend him to others.
in New Orleans, LA |
I had shoulder and bicep reattachment surgery by Dr. Scott Tucker in November 2015. Both the surgery and my rehab have been a resounding success - I am ahead of the recovery schedule, have virtually no pain, and am recovering my range of motion. I am impressed by Dr. Tucker and his staff throughout the entire process from pre-surgery evaluations to the post-op follow-up. Dr. Tucker is a caring professional, both knowledgeable and approachable with genuine concern for his patients well-being.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Tucker is truly one of the rare doctors that you find that has a great bedside manner and the expertise in his field. I am lucky to have found him.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Tucker, MD?
Are you Dr. Tucker?