Dr. Scott Trenhaile, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Scott Trenhaile, MD
Since completing my surgical residency and the additional subspecialty training of an arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine fellowship , I have remained actively involved in continuing medical education, research, and the development of advanced surgical technique. In 2007 I developed a revolutionary less-invasive technique for repairing massive rotator cuff tears that is less traumatic, reduces operating time and encourages faster recovery. In 2009 I invented and co-developed the world's first all-arthroscopic biceps tenodesis technique and system. These techniques are now being adapted by other orthopedic surgeons throughout the world. Since 2009, groups of international shoulder surgeons from Europe and Asia have traveled to Rockford to observe my practice and learn my advance arthroscopic surgical techniques. I have been honored with invitations to lecture at national and international conferences and I have authored numerous textbook chapters. My interest in research and continuing education has also resulted in an extensive number of papers on knee and shoulder surgery that have been accepted for print in peer reviewed publications. In conjunction with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) for the purpose of training orthopedic residents in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, I am currently involved in the development of an arthroscopic shoulder simulator. I have a special interest in pioneering clinical outcomes research and have developed and integrated this innovative research into my daily practice that will allow me to identifying best practices in the treatment of various orthopedic conditions. Currently, I serve as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Adjunct Clinic Instructor at Midwestern University, faculty member at Rush University Medical Center, and I also assist with Northern Illinois University's Athletic Trainer Certified Student Training Program at Rockford College. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Arthroscopy Association of North America Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Illinois State Medical Society Winnebago County Medical Society Society of American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons HOURS Monday to Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Dr. Trenhaile's Care Philosophy

Dr. Scott Trenhaile is an Orthopaedic Surgeon serving the Rockford area for more than 18 years. Dr. Trenhaile is experienced in Knee Surgery, Biceps Tendon Repair and Shoulder Injuries. He is a professional member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.

Dr. Trenhaile's Experience

See how Dr. Trenhaile's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Trenhaile

Dr. Trenhaile accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Trenhaile is now accepting new patients
OrthoIllinois Rockford324 Roxbury Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
(815) 398-9491Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Trenhaile has admitting privileges.

Dr. Trenhaile's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trenhaile to family and friends
Dr. Trenhaile's Performance
All of my questions and concerns were addressed.
Thank you is inadequate to express how grateful I am for Dr. Trenhaile, Michael Gilbertson, Jennifer Dal Santo, Megan and Bryce. My shoulder was a mess in April when I first started this journey. My end goal was having a working shoulder for my daughters wedding in September. Thanks to this amazing team - I am going to be enjoying the wedding and dancing with my arms in the air. THANK YOU!
The whole experience as well as the outcome went better then I expected. Thanks to all.
I expected the hour long wait time from when I treated at OI 2 years ago. I came ready with my computer to waste time. By the time I walked from reception to the waiting area I was being called by the xray person. Before my computer could load I was called back to the physician area. Before I logged in to the my computer the doctor was seeing me, I was out the door in 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time.
It's been great, they make me feel as they care about me.
My experience with Dr.Trenhaile and his staff was excellent. Everything was explained to me and all questions were answered.
I'm glad I waited for Dr. Trenhaile. I could have had numerous Dr's do the surgery.
Shoulder feels great.
in Rockford, IL |
I have had to have three rotator cuff surgeries within the past two years. Two of the surgeries were very complicated and the third was one that he has perfected. I would never hesitate to recommend him to anyone, and I have recommended him to many. If you are having any shoulder problems at all I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with him.
Surgery was easy, it could not have gone any better, despite the fact that a more extensive repair was necessary. Not a lot of pain after surgery, only took pain killers for 8 hours after. Recovery was very fast, am not even at 3 months yet and i am able to play hockey at a high level, and golf too.
Phenomenal
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Trenhaile did a good job on my shoulder surgery. The problem with him is he is only a surgeon. He does not pay attention to you beyond that point. When my shoulder was still not right and hurt in physical therapy, he had no clue. I had been seeing the recommended follow up Doctor, who couldnt figure it out and kept me in PT until I couldnt do it anymore. I went to a different Ortho Dr. outside of Rockford and have had 2 more surgeries. I am now in better condition. He needs better after care
He has done good work and I have trusted him twice on his ability. He has made it possible to get back to doing things I enjoy.
Everything i needed throughout the entire process was always available to me.
Made a fearful visit seem like a walk in the park.
I experienced a very serious shoulder injury in September, 2015 while on a business trip to Atlanta. I had fallen and had struck a wall with my shoulder and immediately experienced severe pain at the moment of impact. I was unable to move my arm due to the snapping of my rotator cuff tendons. I chose to come back to Rockford to OrthoIllinois to see another surgeon that had previously repaired my other rotator cuff injury. That surgeon performed a surgery in March 2016...
He was very concerned on a primal level about my pain and shoulder injury. He paid close attention to my descriptions and accurately diagnosed the injury. The surgery was quick and concise. I have no complaints about any part of this journey.
wonderful sorry lwaited solong tohave it done.
wonderful sorry lwaited solong tohave it done.
wonderful experience! Dr Trenhaile & his team are very professional & knowledgeable with shoulder surgery!!! Extremely happy with outcome!
Dr. Trenhaile really gets to the point and does not sugar coat anything. He spends time explaining the diagnosis so we can better understand. I really recommend him to anyone with shoulder issues.
wonderful, thorough and very informative.
Very good
They have always been clear in giving me my diagnosis, and understand my goals and what needs to happen. They try their hardest to give me the best recovery plan for me.
good
confident
Very good always knew what had to be done and how long it would take to fix.
very knowledgeable. My recovery has been painless, I think its because of the professionally done surgery.
excellent treatment and therapy
Good experience, well educated, friendly
Positive experience.
I had excellent care and would come back again if necessary
Medical care that couldn't be better
excellent. I am very pleased.
excellent
Dr Trenhaile and his staff have been amazing. They have made this horrible experience in my life a lot more tolerable. By far the only Doctor I will ever see for a shoulder issue. Coming from a man in a medical profession I have seen and dealt with a lot of doctors.... Dr Trenhaile and his staff are the best! I would recommend Dr Trenhaile to anyone and everyone!
At this point, I am very satisfied.
better than i ever thought
I'm so glad i made the appointment. It was worth the trip to visit Dr. T. His staff is awesome!
I have had very great service here, and they give very great explanations. They make sure I could understand it all and encouraged me a lot!
Very good
good
excellent
extreamly knowledgable of prefered as well as alternative treatment options. easily reached with when questions arise. second surgery i've had done by this doctor and both appear to be healing completely.
been a great doctor nothing bad to say
The surgery was fast and I have no pain.
Very good in all aspects.
very good
very good, hopefully I dont have to go thru it again but if I do I would come back.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Trenhaile, MD?
Are you Dr. Trenhaile?

HOURS

• Monday to Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
  • Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Dr. Trenhaile's Care Philosophy

Dr. Trenhaile's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Trenhaile has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Trenhaile's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear