Dr. Scott K. Thompson, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 46 years old

Mountain West Ear, Nose and Throat

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Dr. Scott Thompson is dual board certified facial plastic surgeon that specializing in facelift surgery. He was recently selected among...Read more

Dr. Thompson's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Thompson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thompson

Dr. Thompson accepts 30 insurance carriers

30 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thompson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Thompson

Dr. Thompson's Review Details
4.7 based on 58 responses
Experience with Dr. Thompson
Dr. Thompson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (55)
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Five stars for Dr. Scott Thompson and his staff! I recommend their services to anyone who wants quality results paired with professional, personal service. I have had a couple of other procedures done at this office and had the same amazing results and service during those visits as well. If you are considering any type of facial rejuvenation or procedure, you can feel very comfortable putting your trust and confidence in Dr. Thompson and his well-trained staff!
in Syracuse, utah |
t I went to Thompson Facial Plastics for botox on my forhead and between my eyebrows. I absolutely love my results and my experience getting botox! Bethany and the staff were amazing they treated me so good and made sure I was very comfortable. I am definately going back and highly recommend Mtn West Ent or Thompson Facial Plastics!
in South Jordan, Utah |
This office has been featured many times on good things Utah! they are trusted by so many women and I cannot wait to go in and utilize the doctors vast knowledge of plastic surgery
in Herriman Utah |
Such a wonderful staff and Dr.! Wouldn't trust any other office with getting rid of my wrinkles!
in Ogden, UT |
I broke my nose in a freak accident. Dr. Thompson was kind and caring. He explained in detail, what he would do. He made me feel relaxed and confident that I was in good hands. I knew I had the best doctor to take care of my needs. I will continue to go to him in the future. Dr. Thompson is thorough and precise in his work. I never worried about the results because I knew I was in experienced, capable hands.
in Ogden, UT |
I have pretty bad nerve damage on one side of my face, Dr Thompson is able to make both sides look equal, with just Botox. Not only does he give me back a sense of confidence, it is very simple for him to maintain it. I have had Botox injected for over 10 years and to date have never, ever had any type of bad reaction.
in Hooper, UT |
I am 36 years old and love to laugh and take pictures with my daughter. Every time I would look at my pictures I would automatically notice the wrinkles around my eyes and slowly I stopped smiling in my pictures. I did a lot of research and came across Dr Thompson. He was very straight forward and answered all my questions! He ensured I knew what to expect before and after the procedure. The staff was very courteous and made me feel comfortable. I am glad I found a doctor I can trust!
in North Salt Lake |
My first and recent experience at the office of Utah Facial Plastics was nothing short of AMAZING. Their staff is so friendly and full of knowledgeable information. They made me feel comfortable when they knew I was nervous due to it being my first experience with Botox. They were also willing to squeeze in another procedure although it wasn't scheduled. I highly recommend Utah Facial Plastics and don't forget to check out their monthly specials for great deals!
in Hooper Ut |
Dr Thimpson was highly recommended by several othe patients I knew. My first experience with him was just to go over some procedures that would make me look younger. All very costly but to me worth it. At this visit I decided to try some Botox for the first time. Wow what a difference it made. I looked 10 years younger from just that! Dr Thompson did not push the other procedures on me when I decided to go back for a second round of Botox. Same results. I looked great and Dr Thompson was
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Thompson is the best!!! I wouldn't trust my face to anyone else!!!!
in Layton Utah |
Dr Thompson is the best there is and Alfie and his staff are amazing also. Treated so well and respectfully when going in for my procedures! My friends and I make a night of it and all leave looking fab! We couldn't be happier with the care and kindness were given! Give him and his staff a try! You won't be disappointed and you will always go back to his office again and again . Thank you Dr T and your wonderful staff!
in Park City, UT |
I've been so pleased with the results of my Botox injections by Dr. Thompson that I began giving it as a gift to my daughter every year when she visits at Christmas. Obviously, she's just a thrilled because it's become a ritual for the two of us to treat ourselves at the holidays.
in Syracuse, UT |
I had a lip augmentation done by the nurse injector, Alfie! She was amazing. She made me feel very comfortable and answered all of my questions. My lips look full and natural. I will definitely be a returning customer.
in Kaysville, UT |
Dr Thompson is one of the most honest, kind, smart, gentile, knowledgeable doctors I have ever met. He truly is the best and the only doctor I would ever have work on my face or the faces of anyone I know. He has worked on my two young children and myself and we couldn't be happier with our results. Even the nurses / anesthesiologists at the hospital said Dr Thompson is THE greatest surgeons they have worked with.
in Tooele, UT |
My experience at Utah Facial Plastics was great and I was really impressed by Dr. Thompson and his staff. I had Botox done by Alfie to get rid of worry lines in my forehead. She explained the process, aftercare and follow-up and made me feel completely comfortable and at ease. I love my results and am looking forward to my next visit!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I had Juvederm lip injections preformed by Alfie. I have had my lips done multiple times, by multiple doctors and Alfie was by far the best. She listened to my concerns and was able to perfect my lip issues. I always have extreme bruising and swelling and she was able to keep it to a minimum. She also achieved symmetry in my lower lip, which was never addressed by previous doctors. I will never go anywhere, but Utah Facial Plastics to have any procedure done. I'm extremely happy with my results
in Santa Clara, Utah |
Dr. Thompson is attentive, caring and expert in his advice. He recommends what is best for the patient, not what is in his best interest. he is a great doctor and a great person!
in Slc, UT |
I will always be going to Dr. Thompson!I had my first apt on Feb 1st & the results were honestly life changing! I am on camera- I work for Kutv & Kmyu & aging is never easy; but on Tv there are different pressures. I have been looking so tired in the last few years no matter what makeup tricks I have. I started noticing small dent like lines that run from the inner corner of my eyes down my cheeks. Dr. Thompson added a filler & I saw the difference as soon as I left! Im a customer for life!
in Brigham UTAH |
Very professional, liked him very much. He answered all my questions and didn't hurry thru the appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Scott K. Thompson, MD?
Are you Dr. Scott K. Thompson, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Plastic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Thompson's Board Certifications

• Otolaryngology
  • Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

Dr. Thompson says..

Dr. Thompson has 10 yrs of experience performing numerous procedures on the face and neck. Additionally, Dr. Thompson's background in the fine arts enhances his ability to balance the technical and creative aspects of his specialty and assists him in his goal of achieving natural surgical results that enhance each individual's unique & attractive features.

A plastic surgeon differs from a cosmetic surgeon in that they certified with either The American Board of Plastic Surgery or American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (as is Dr. Thompson) that are the only boards approved by the National Board of Medical Specialties. Members are held to the highest standards in regards to skills, knowledge, judgment, safety and ethics in their particular specialty. These agencies, and it's members, are dedicated to continuously improving plastic surgery techniques, furthering intense research and conducting clinical trials driven towards patient safety and outcomes.

facial plastic surgeon differs from a full body plastic surgeon and performs cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, head, and neck regions only. They go through one or two years of post-graduate training in general surgery residency and go on to complete at least four additional years of specialty training in neck surgery and facial plastic surgery. A general plastic surgeons training and operating scheduling encompasses full body and facial procedures. Their training includes three to five years in general surgery residency and two years of specialty training in all body areas.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acute Tonsillitis
  • Deafness
  • Deformities of Auricle or Pinna
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Irregularities
  • Facial Trauma
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Maxillary and Malar Fractures
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Wrinkles
  • Wrinkly Skin Syndrome

Dr. Thompson says..

Dr. Thompson specializes in surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation. He performs a large amount of facelift and mini facelift surgery, often in conjunction with other facial cosmetic procedures. His facelift technique differs from a typical facelift technique in that it is more comprehensive and he performs 3 times the amount of facelifts per year than the average plastic surgeon in the United States.

He is committed to ethical, caring, & honest treatment of his patients and works very hard to earn and maintain their trust. Although patient care is his primary focus, Dr. Thompson's academic, research, and teaching abilities have been recognized throughout his career with numerous awards as well as several scholarly publications.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Fift
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Cancer Surgery With Reconstruction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Lesion Removal
  • Skin Resurfacing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry

Utah State Hlth Dept

Graduated in 1995

Utah State University

Graduated in 1995

• 1st Place, Basic Science Category, AAO-HNSF / ARO Resident Research Award Competition, May 2005., 2005
    • 2005 Paul Harrington Outstanding Clinical Paper Award. University of Rochester, 2005
    • Resident travel award, Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO), February 2005, 2005

Dr. Thompson has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Thompson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thompson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Thompson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Thompson

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Thompson's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Thompson

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Thompson says...

Dr. Scott Thompson is dual board certified facial plastic surgeon that specializing in facelift surgery. He was recently selected among an elite group of physicians as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors based on his online patient reviews. Only 3% of physicians nationwide are selected for this prestigious award. Dr. Thompson is known for his natural-looking results and meticulous skill as well as his genuine concern for patient well-being and satisfaction. He practices in three locations and five surgical centers along the Wasatch front in Utah.

Thompson Facial Plastics offers a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures to correct and prevent signs of aging and enhance overall beauty. Botox, lip augmentation, and dermal wrinkle fillers are popular non-surgical procedures as well as laser resurfacing, chemical peels, and laser hair removal. Surgical procedures offered include blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), facelift, in-office facelift (MACS-lift),rhinoplasty (nosejob), septorhinoplasty, otoplasty (ear-pinning surgery), browlift, midfacelift, and hair restoration. Thompson Facial Plastics may be reached at (801)776-2220 or by visiting utahfacialplastics.com.

Dr. Thompson's Care Philosophy

Welcome to Utah Facial Plastics! Our mission is to be a positive force in the lives of our patients. To accomplish this, our commitment is to treat you with genuine kindness and respect, make appropriate recommendations that will help you to accomplish your individual goals, and provide safe and effective treatments to ensure the best outcome possible.