Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Stephens, MD
Dr. Scott Stephens is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery, and sports medicine. He performs all aspects of shoulder surgery from minimally invasive arthroscopy to complex shoulder replacements. Areas of special interest include shoulder arthritis, rotator cuff, distal humerus fractures, and biceps tendon ruptures/ tendinitis. Dr. Stephens received his medical degree from University of Toledo School of Medicine and completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Mount Carmel Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. Following residency, he completed dual fellowship sub-specialty training. His first fellowship was in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy in Miami, Florida at Doctor's Hospital where he assisted in the care and treatment of the 2013 NBA Champion Miami Heat. He then completed a Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship at the University of Texas at San Antonio under the guidance of world-renowned shoulder and elbow surgeons Drs. Rockwood, Morrey, and Wirth. While there, he learned the latest techniques in shoulder and elbow arthroscopy and reconstruction.

OrthoNeuro

1313 Olentangy River Rd

Columbus, OH 43212

Dr. Scott Stephens, MD

• Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Stephens

"I believe that the best patient care comes from taking the time to get to know patients in order to individualize treatment and allow patients to return to activities that they enjoy," said Dr. Stephens. "I utilize the most current operative and non-operative treatment techniques in order to customize the best plan of care."

Dr. Stephens' Experience

Dr. Stephens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Dr. Stephens does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Shoulder
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• John Carroll University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • The University Of Toledo Medical Center
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Mount Carmel Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Doctors Hospital Sports Medicine Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • University Of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Stephens has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stephens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stephens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stephens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stephens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stephens to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Stephens' Performance
in Columbus, Oh |
Can't say enough about the outcome of my shoulder diagnosis, surgery and rehab(currently). Dr. Stephens proved to be a very up front and factual surgeon, and follow up was open, honest, and I knew just what to expect after procedure and rehab. Dr. Scott made sure I knew everything I needed to know and MADE SURE I was completely aware of, and knew all of his recommendations and warnings. His going the little extra distance made my my unfortunate experience(injury) so much easier to handle.
in Columbus, OH |
Impressed-took time to talk
in Kingwood, TX |
An accident in May 2016 resulted in a dislocated shoulder and tears to three of the tendons in my left rotator cuff. Dr. Stephens performed surgery in late June and the results are better than I expected or hoped for. Eleven weeks after surgery, my range of motion is improving daily and I expect a complete recovery in the coming months. Dr. Stephens is a highly skilled surgeon, and I appreciated his compassion and professionalism throughout this process. I highly recommend him.
Houston, TX |
I waited a little longer than I had expected but the staff did say he had an emergency. Once I did get back to see him it was worth the wait. He paid attention to me! Unheard of in todays fast paced world. He spent time explaining my diagnosis...went over treatment options and I am feeling better. My shoulder has bothered me for months and I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you Dr. Stephens!
Houston, TX |
He was very patient and knowledgeable. Discussed all possible treatment options for my shoulder. Was very easy to talk to and I had a great experience.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Stephens. I have had a wonderful experience with him and would highly recommend any patient who has shoulder pain to go see him. He didn't just rush into surgery but instead got to know me. I had a torn rotator cuff and he was able to repair it by using a scope and I have had a full recovery with no problems since the surgery. I have already recommended him to family members.
Kingwood, TX |
I came to Dr. Stephens for right shoulder pain that wasn't getting any better. I had seen a few other doctors but was rushed off without any explanation. Dr. Stephens took the time to sit down and talk with me and answer all my questions and genuinely cared about my concerns. He came highly recommended from a few friends because of his focus on shoulder problems and his beside manner. I highly recommend him and cannot say enough good things about the experience I had with him.
I explained I had 3 issues with my foot, leg spasm and back pain. He only addressed the worst out of the 3 and I left not knowing if the other 2 were related. I was in too much pain to ask. I do not think he was thorough with his explanation. But he did seem knowledgeable. I called the nurse to ask and she has yet to call back. I felt rushed.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Stephens, MD?
Are you Dr. Stephens?

Visit Dr. Stephens

Dr. Stephens accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC