Dr. Scott Stanley, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Scott Stanley, MD

My spine surgery practice is focused on complex disorders of the cervical and lumbar spine, disc replacement, microsurgical techniques, stem cell therapy, scoliosis and revision spine surgery. I attended Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine followed by an orthopedic surgery residency at the same institution. I am fellowship trained in adult and pediatric spine surgery and board-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, subspecialized in Spine Surgery. I treat a broad spectrum of spinal disorders. I enjoy seeing patients with neck and low back conditions, including sciatica, stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease, tumor reconstruction, and fractures. My practice offers individualized care with non-operative options, as well as traditional and minimally-invasive surgical techniques. I am a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and an active member of the North American Spine Society. I hold multiple U.S. and international patents in spinal implant design and am a frequent presenter in my field. I enjoy sharing my motivation with others and have received the Parker Adventist Hospital Humanitarian Award for my voluntary work in Inner Mongolia to treat underserved patients and educate local surgeons.

...See Less

Dr. Stanley's Care Philosophy

My philosophy of care is to first listen to the patient. The second step is to provide the patient with the best of care, utilizing the most trusted techniques and technologies, and applying the same consideration and compassion that I would to any member of my family.

Dr. Stanley's Experience

See how Dr. Stanley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Stanley

Dr. Stanley accepts 25 insurance carriers

Dr. Stanley is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Stanley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Stanley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stanley to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Stanley's Performance
    in Denver, CO |
    I can't recommend Dr. Stanley highly enough. Not only is he an excellent doctor, but he is caring and compassionate too. I had been having lower back problems for over a year and seen several orthopedic and neuro doctors. They ran tests and performed some non-surgical procedures, but none of them took the time to really LISTEN to my story. My medical problem was much worse that what the MRI showed, and Dr. Stanley did a great job of getting me patched-up. Go see Dr. Stanley first!
    in Aurora, CO |
    CrossFit injuries resulted in failed neck fusion from a previous surgeon and no disc left at L5, S1. After much consultation with Dr. Stanley we started with a successful revision of my neck. A year later, all options exhausted, we moved forward with a fusion of L5, S1. I don't say this lightly, Dr. Stanley has changed my life. The only thing exceeding his bedside manner and genuine concern for my wellbeing is his surgical skill. I will forever be indebted to this gifted and amazing Doctor.
    in Aurora |
    Dr. Stanley performed a spinal fusion L5-S1 April 2010 and I have been pain free ever since. This was a condition that most likely was genetic and after seeing my grandmother never leave her chair- I was not going to end up the same. Dr. Stanley was warm, caring and very supportive. The follow up appointments were scheduled efficiently and I never had to wait for more than a few minutes. Sept 2016 saw me back in their office with a torn meniscus in my left knee, same level of excellent care
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Elizabeth, CO |
    Good explanation beforehand for T-region fusion and very good experience overall--until after the surgery. Experiencing back pain(s) due to installed screws/hardware. Had therapeutic injections: first time, no relief, second time, great relief! Called same day of injections and left a msg with med asst to see, "okay, what's next"--"do I need a followup appt for next shots?" After no response (and 15 days) I called back to inquire. Told I left no msg. I'm off to find another doctor.
    in Denver, CO |
    By far the WORST experience I have ever had at a doctors office. Never see Dr. Stanley. They are very rude and they do not follow-up even after three weeks of my calling them to figure out what was taking so long. THREE WEEKS! They scheduled me for an appointment that I did NOT confirm with them, then refused to see me saying I missed an appointment. I don't know how I can miss an appointment that I did not schedule or confirm, but somehow I did and now I have to find a new doctor.
    Have you seen Dr. Scott Stanley, MD?

Dr. Stanley says...

My spine surgery practice is focused on complex disorders of the cervical and lumbar spine, disc replacement, microsurgical techniques, stem cell therapy, scoliosis and revision spine surgery.  I attended Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine followed by an orthopedic surgery residency at the same institution.  I am fellowship trained in adult and pediatric spine surgery and board-certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, subspecialized in Spine Surgery.

I treat a broad spectrum of spinal disorders.  I enjoy seeing patients with neck and low back conditions, including sciatica, stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease, tumor reconstruction, and fractures.  My practice offers individualized care with non-operative options, as well as traditional and minimally-invasive surgical techniques.

I am a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and an active member of the North American Spine Society.  I hold multiple U.S. and international patents in spinal implant design and am a frequent presenter in my field.  I enjoy sharing my motivation with others and have received the Parker Adventist Hospital Humanitarian Award for my voluntary work in Inner Mongolia to treat underserved patients and educate local surgeons.

Dr. Stanley's Care Philosophy

Dr. Stanley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Stanley has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Stanley's Board Certifications

Skyridge Medical Center Adult and Pediatric Spine Surgery

Completed in 2005

Wheaton College

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Stanley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stanley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Neck Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
    • Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
    • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Plating and Fusion
    • Anterior Cervical Microdiscectomy With Fusion
    • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
    • Arthroscopic Microdiscectomy
    • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Kyphosis Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy
    • Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Pediatric Spine Surgery
    • Percutaneous Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Posterior Lumbar Fusion With Robotic Assistance
    • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
    • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair