Dr. Scott Sporer, MD

Dr. Scott Sporer, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Scott Sporer, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Winfield, IL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Sporer is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center and Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

25 N Winfield Rd Ste 505

Winfield, IL 60190

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Physicians' Care Network
  • Preferred Network Access
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Union Health Service

Learn about Dr. Sporer

See how frequently Dr. Sporer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Bone Disorders

Dr. Sporer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sporer There are a lot of treatment options for people with arthritic conditions of their hip and their knee. Everything from very non-operative measures, whether it be therapy or some medications, all the way to the other end of the extreme where we do hip and knee replacements. So patients that come in have got options for treatments. So that just because you have an arthritic condition of the joint does not necessarily mean that we jump right to surgery. Whether it's playing with their grandchildren, whether it's going out and being able to go back and do some type of athletic events, whether it's hiking and climbing - all of those activities that were once important to people and often times they lost because of their arthritic condition - we're able to restore them back to that. So if we can have a patient that is able to increase their activities, get back to doing what they want to do, and primarily get back to doing it pain-free, that's a success in my opinion.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Systemic Sclerosis

• Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Revision of Arthroplasty Surgery
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Total Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• The University Of Iowa College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center-Orthopedic Surgery
  • Adult Reconstruction-Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sporer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sporer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sporer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Sporer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sporer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Sporer's Performance
in Tinley Park, IL |
Dr. Sporer replaced my left hip several.years ago and it was a complete success. My right hip was previously replaced and I have considerable issues following that surgery to this day. Dr Sporer was recommended to me and I am so very grateful I changed surgeons to Dr Sporer.
in Elmhurst Il |
I waited over 4 months to see Dr Sporer and the wait was well worth it. Would recommend Dr Sporer to anyone, he did a beautiful job on my knee. He comes highly recommended, he's great.
Cottage Grove, WI |
Difficult to get in to see the first time. It would have been over three months. Somehow we miscommunicated on what orientation of surgery I was to have. Everything else was fine.
in Wheaton/Carol Stream , IL |
Extremely talented surgeon. He gave me hope and a new lease on life. Staff is also amazing- Lauren, Izzy, Allison. They care about you as a person. Absolutely love the daily texts. I am really going to miss them.
in Valparaiso Indiana |
Dr. Sporer performed my total knee replacement on March 20, 2017 at Central DuPage Hospital in Wheaton Ill. The hospital and office help were top notch. If I would call and have to leave a message his staff would call back in less than 10 minutes. I never felt out of the Surgical loop. I had 17 staples and two of my friends that had the same surgery had around 40 elsewhere. I received a daily text message daily. The text told me daily where I should be in my recovery & encouraging messages.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I have had two total knee replacements by Dr. Scott Sporer. The left knee was replaced in September 2016, and the right in February 2017. Both operations were at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. I am very grateful to Dr. Sporer that both knee replacements were successful. The office staff has always been helpful, with most phone calls returned to me within the same day. Physician Assistant Lauren has been consistently excellent in answering all of my concerns along the way.
in OakBrook, Il. |
Dr Sporer did a total right knee replacement for me 7 weeks ago. I am extremely pleased with the result and with my rehabilitation. His office is very organized, efficient and the staff is kind and caring. The daily text messages were very helpful and inspiring. Dr. Sporer has enabled me to return to my normal active life pain free. I sincerely thank him.
in Bourbonnais, IL |
2 1/2 years ago Dr Sporer did a left total hip for me. I was thrilled with the results. It was time for my right hip to be done a few months ago. All I wanted was for the same excellent results I had last time. However, this one was even better. He did the right hip as an output. I was home in hours after my surgery and have had even a better outcome than the last hip (which I didn't think was possible). He, and his team, are amazing. His PA, Lauren, was excellent and explained everything. 5star
in Wheaton, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Sporer by a friend after getting my 1st opinion. Dr Sporer put my at ease and walked me through everything as well letting me know my left hip was also heading in the same direction. I had my first Right Hip replaced in Nov 2013, Dr. Sporer was flawless, made quick progress and was medically & physical Therapy cleared after 6 weeks. After 2 years, My left hip was ready. I recovered within 4 weeks!!!Dr Sporer and his staff, especially Lauren were fantastic!!! Thank you!!!
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I had surgery years ago, left [ knee partial.] My out come is great, can play all sports without any discomfort. more important to me ,is that I can't feel a difference,,,It's like I never had surgery. So Happy.. THANKS TO ALL!!
Have you seen Dr. Scott Sporer, MD?
Are you Dr. Sporer?

See our Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedic Specialist at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital

Visit Dr. Sporer