Dr. Scott Spear, MD

Dr. Scott Spear, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 68 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Spear specializes in Plastic Surgery and practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Spear? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Spear's Experience

See how Dr. Spear's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Spear

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Spear has admitting privileges.

Dr. Spear's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spear to family and friends
Dr. Spear's Performance
in Washington, DC |
I had a BA with Dr. Spear in early January. He is an incredible surgeon that makes you feel 100% confident throughout every step. He listened to what I wanted and was spot on in choosing the implant size. I could not be more thrilled with the results. Lisa and Sonia are wonderful; both are so kind and responsive. I absolutely recommend Dr. Spear--he is the best!
Severna Park, MD |
I work in breast care so I have the opportunity to see the work of many plastic surgeons. Dr. Spear has consistently beautiful results and is known among his peers as the surgeon who can fix other surgeon's mistakes. My initial implants were too large for my small frame. Dr. Spear replaced them with smaller implants and did an innovative lift along the inframammary fold so my scars are completely hidden. The result is beautiful!!
Front Royal, VA |
Dr Spear was able to help with my symmastia! A very difficult complication to fix. I look natural again and do not have the pain associated with that condition anymore! His expertise really came into play when he discovered my silicone implant had broke. He was able to adapt to my situation while still attaching my skin, replacing my pecs and left minimal hidden scars. Thank you Dr Spear
Bethesda, MD |
I had breast reconstruction in connection with a double mastectomy more than twenty years ago. Dr. Spear was my surgeon then and I returned to him recently for reconstruction revision, a 3-4 hour surgical procedure. He is a world exert in this procedure and produced excellent results. Perhaps more important, he is kind, patient and always accessible. His nurse, Lisa, and office manager, Sonia, are helpful and extremely conscientious in their respective roles. The whole experience first rate.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Spear turned me in the bombshell I have always dreamed of. I was transformed from a A cup to a perfect 34 D cup, which looks natural to my frame and I can't even feel the difference in weight or mobility. I showed him a picture of a model that I wanted to look like and he did just that for me. I have had so many compliments on my new body and would recommend him to all my friends. Go see him and have the body of your dreams by the summer!
in Washington DC Area |
Dr. Spear performed my reconstruction following bilateral mastectomy. Technically superb; top of his game, and importantly takes time to walk through alternatives and thoroughly discuss risks and benefits of each, listen to the patient, understand your goals and then work WITH you to achieve YOUR goals. Enough accolades and years under his belt that he responds to questions/concerns with thoughtful consideration, rather than defensiveness.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Spear advocated for my nipple-sparing surgery and completed my reconstruction after my prophylactic bilateral mastectomy in 2010 & 2011. He helped me take advantage of some relatively new techniques which left me with excellent results in the end. I just saw him today for my 5+ year check up, and was happy to see him in his new private practice. He takes pride in his work, he is excellent at what he does, I would absolutely recommend him to anyone, especially for breast reconstruction!
in Lovettsville, VA |
Dr. Spear is an angel, artist, magician, and the results speak for themselves. When considering any surgery, be smart and go fir the best! Dr. Spear is the best. All my love and thanks, Laurie D
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Spear and his team are knowledgable, patient and thorough. From the scheduling process to the day of surgery and follow up appointments they made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Spear is a great listener and during a consultation for a breast augmentation and liposuction he actually discovered I had a hernia and repaired it during the rest of my procedure. The hernia had been misdiagnosed by other doctors even after a CT scan. I would highly recommend Dr. Spear.
Alexandria, VA |
He did a marvelous job with revision breast implants. He exceeded all expectations. He is excellent clinically, very personable and he really listens. I cannot recommend him enough.
California, MD |
From the initial consult (just wanting to upgrade to new implants) to post surgical follow-ups, ease of scheduling, caring and diligent office and clinical staff (they answer any and all questions to include emailing) - it's an all around positive experience to have Dr. Spear as your surgeon. His surgical skills and expert opinion results in excellent care for the patients.
in Rockville, MD |
After serious complications from another surgeons lift and augmentation, Dr. Spear fixed me! He made me feel like my life wasn't over. He did an incredible job and was so compassionate and knowledgable. He spends all the time you need and makes you feel important. I can't say enough about him or his staff!!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Spear was recommended to me from a plastic surgeon in NY. Having already gone through 3 botched up breast implant procedures, I was a mess and in need of a specialist who could fix what the other did wrong. From the minute I met dr. Spear I knew I had come to the right place! He took the time to explain everything to me, asked a ton of questions and above all eleviated my fears. 2 days after surgery and I'm already looking a million times better!! Thank you Dr. Spear!!
in Washington, DC |
From initial consult to post surgical follow-ups, ease of scheduling, caring and diligent office and clinical staff - it's an all around positive experience to have Dr. Spear as your surgeon. His surgical skills and expert opinion result in excellent results for the patients.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Spear's extensive experience was invaluable in the revision of a scar following mastectomy and reconstruction. I had a challenging problem and the surgery had a great result. He's a lovely man and his office staff are warm and competent. Overall, I could not have had a better experience.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
First and foremost, I have excellent results from the breast surgery performed by Dr. Spear! He is thorough, detailed, conscientious, and caring. He takes tremendous pride in achieving the best results. My situation was challenging and other surgeons were unwilling or unable to take it on. Dr. Spear immediately saw the challenge and how to overcome it. I am very appreciative.
in Rockville, MD |
A Plastic Surgeon was unable to fix a problem that has arisen from a surgery he had performed, which left me pretty much with no right breast I was very emotionally distraught. When I came to Dr. Spear I was walking around with an implant in my bra so I appeared to have two breast, not only did Dr. Spear rebuild my breast , he gave me back some of the self-esteem I had lost. My story is a horrible story, however the end result is that with all of his talent and skill not to mention attention to
Have you seen Dr. Scott Spear, MD?
Are you Dr. Spear?

Compare Dr. Spear

Dr. Spear's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Spear has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Spear's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Hypoplasia
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gynecomastia

Completed in 1980

University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1968

• French

Dr. Spear does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spear and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)