Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Smith, MD
Dr. Scott Smith is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Texas Orthopedics in Austin. He treats all types of hip, knee, and shoulder conditions, such as arthritis, fractures, osteoporosis, and sports injuries, using the most conservative and up-to-date techniques. Dr. Smith enjoys helping the body heal on its own without surgery; however, there are conditions in which surgery is inevitable. In those situations, Dr. Smith will educate you about your condition, all treatment options, including no stitch knee surgery, and the expected outcomes.

1401 Medical Pkwy Ste 120

Cedar Park, TX 78613

Dr. Scott Smith, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Smith

The human body is an amazing "machine." I am privileged to be able to help it heal itself most of the time. Therefore, I consider myself a "conservative" surgeon, if there is such a thing.

My job is to allow you, the patient, to select which course you wish to pursue through thorough education about your condition, the treatment options, and expected outcomes. Together we can decide which course of treatment is best for you.

I am happy to treat all types of patients in my practice, from a seven-foot-tall professional basketball player (I'm the team physician for the Austin Spurs basketball team), a high school athlete (I'm the team doctor for Westwood High School), to an elderly individual with an arthritic hip or knee, and just about anyone else with an ache or pain.

Ever since I began practice in Austin in 1996, I have had the privilege of caring for thousands of individuals, all of which have taught me many things about orthopedics, people, and life. I hope that your ache or pain resolves without ever needing medical attention. If it doesn't, I hope to see you at Texas Orthopedics, Sports & Rehabilitation Associates.

Very Truly Yours,

Scott A. Smith, MD

Dr. Smith's Experience

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center For Medical Studies
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Michigan State University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Austin, TX |
Very nice manner with my 77 year old mother. Reviewed all options with her and we ended up trying a cortisone injection into her painful hip (9 year old fracture with screws still inside). Cortisone seems to have done the trick! After years of various other doctors and specialists, Dr. Scott knew what to do. Extra benefit that he was polite and respectful to mom. Highly recommend.
in Cedar Park, TX |
It's always a pleasure to come in and see Dr. Scott Smith. He has a great bedside manner explains the different treatment options. I have been using Dr. Smith for over 10 years. The staff at Texas Orthopedics is also a wonderful group of people. Keep up the great work ethics! :-)
Austin, TX |
Dr. Smith is excellent. Tells you what is happening, what he thinks, along with all of the options.
Cedar Park, TX |
Wow this doctor gives the same advice to a lot of his patients. I happen to agree with the other posters about his attitude. He only touched me to shake my hand. Never once said let me see where the pain is coming from or checked the range of motion I could tolerate. Just told me go exercise even after I told him my knee locks up and I can't bear weight. No sympathy at all..just went on to the next patient without a good-bye or good luck.
in Cedar Park |
Dr Scott Smith is by far the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met! He is cocky, arrogant and unsympathetic! I have never been talked to the way he talked to me...by anyone!!!
Hi Mary, We reached out to you to discuss your experience over the phone and have not had a response. Please provide us the best number to reach you so we may talk with you regarding your concerns.
Austin, TX |
I had a similar experience. Dr. Smith seemed uninterested in my injury, or in hearing what I had to say about it. I had to pull information out of him. He looked at the x-ray and said "Go live your life" as to say it was no big deal. Mind you I couldn't even walk into his office unassisted. No mention of how to care for the injury or any rehabilitation requirements until I asked about it. He gave me two minutes of his time and they were not quality minutes.
in Round Rock, TX |
I went in to the office because of possible torn meniscus. The nurse spent more time with me than the doctor did and he basically said wait till next month and we can do an MRI. He didn't advise me to do anything, said to take ibuprofen and then done. He spent less than 5 minutes with me and did not prescribe rehab or even suggest it. While waiting for the follow up appointment scheduled a month later, my knee being unstable gave out again and I ended up in the hospital with FAR worse damage.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Smith, MD?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at St. David's Round Rock Medical Center