Dr. Scott Shannon, MD

Dr. Scott Shannon, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 60 years old

I work from the philosophy that we are all born whole and that treatment seeks to return us to that state of innate health and well-being. I try to avoid burdening people with needless labels and pessimism. My style is positive, supportive and encouraging. I do use psychiatric medications but try to do so cautiously to avoid risk and needless side effects. I work in a large holistic group practice called Wholeness Center where we focus on collaboration with you and with each other.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Shannon's Experience

See how Dr. Shannon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shannon

Dr. Shannon accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shannon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Shannon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shannon to family and friends
based on 2 total surveys
Experience with Dr. Shannon
Dr. Shannon's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (2)
Have you seen Dr. Scott Shannon, MD?
Are you Dr. Shannon?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Shannon

Dr. Shannon says...

Scott Shannon, MD, ABIHM, has been involved in holistic medicine since he joined the American Holistic Medical Association in 1978. Scott has been instrumental in the creation of a holistic and integrative perspective in psychiatry for over two decades. He published the first textbook for this field in 2001. Scott is a past President of the AHMA and a past President of the ABIHM. He was a founding Board member for the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine and serves currently on the American Board of Integrative Medicine.

Scott also teaches as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado-Children's Hospital in Denver. In 2010 he founded the country's largest and most comprehensive integrative mental health clinic, Wholeness Center, in Fort Collins. Norton published his latest textbook for professionals, Mental Health for the Whole Child in 2013 and his book for parents, Parenting the Whole Child in 2014.

Dr. Shannon's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shannon says...

I work well with a wide range of issues from anxiety to depression to ADHD to Mood disorders.I am board certified in child and adolescent psychiatry, general adult psychiatry as well as integrative medicine. So, I am comfortable with folks of all ages, but I generally see children, teens and younger adults. I like to develop a warm relationship in which we can both be honest and open. I enjoy getting to know the families that I work with. I like to think of myself as a partner rather than the boss or expert. I really want to know what you care about and what is important to you.

I have been in the filed of holistic and integrative medicine for over 35 years. I have been trained in acupuncture and nutrition as well as herbal medicine and natural supplements. I have written two of the original textbooks in this field.  I sit on two national boards and speak widely all over the world. This is because I love to teach. That means I enjoy answering your questions and encourage them.

Dr. Shannon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Integrative Medicine and Psychiatry

Dr. Shannon has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shannon's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Integrative Medicine
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

University New Mexico

Completed in 1991

University Of Arizona

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Shannon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shannon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• IV Therapy
  • Medical Acupuncture
  • Nutritional Counseling

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.