Dr. Scott Serels, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Serels

Urology Associates Of Norwalk

12 Elmcrest Ter Norwalk, CT 06850

Dr. Scott Serels, MD is an urology specialist in Norwalk, CT and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1992 and specializes in urology and female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Serels accepts

Dr. Serels accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Serels' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Serels' Top Procedures and Conditions

Blood in Urine (Hematuria)

Dr. Serels treats Blood in Urine (Hematuria) more than 100% of his peers

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Complex Penile Surgery
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Kidney Stones
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lithotripsy
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pelvic Organ Prolapse
  • Penile Implants
  • Polyuria
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatitis
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stones
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

4.2

Dr. Serels?
Dr. Serels' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Scott Serels, MD
Dr. Serels is good: patient, really listens. Unfortunately, I experienced very long wait times in crowded wait rooms (where it seemed every seat was occupied). I also experienced repeated difficulty with scheduling appointments and procedures. After trying relentlessly for 3 weeks to get an appointment for a procedure (phoning, leaving messages, speaking to other staff), I left the practice and went to another one where I have none of these scheduling issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I have had a cystoscopy, laser lithotripsy and shock wave lithotripsy for kidney stones in the last 15-18 months with Dr. Serels. Each time, he was cautious before recommending these procedures, and he clearly explained each. I particularly like his calm manner, the way he really listens to his patient. and treats one respectfully, and his expertise, of course! On my last visit for an ultrasound, I want to commend Elizabeth, who cheerfully and efficiently checked me in!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels is the 3rd female Urologist I have visited over the last 8 months and the only one to correctly diagnose my incontinence. The others missed an important factor. Prior to Dr. Serels, the other doctors were unable to connect all the symptoms. Dr. Serels did! He completed a procedure and thanks to him I am feeling so much better! His technical skills are outstanding and he has the ability to clearly understand the problem and find the root cause. He is truly an expert in his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels is a wonderful Urologist. His bedside manner is truly special and it is clear he cares about his patients. I had a lot of questions and he took the time to explain the diagnosis and the possible treatments. He never rushed me! Dr. Serels wanted me to have a clear understanding before I left the office. I highly recommend Dr. Serels for Urological issues especially bladder incontinence. He understands the disease and has a lot of experience treating it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels and his staff are all I could have hoped for in a medical practitioner. I've only been in his care for a few months and I have found him to be kind,patient and professional. I never feel I'm being rushed (and I always have questions). His office staff is friendly and accommodating. Calls are returned and follow up questions answered in a timely manner. (Thank you Ann & Terri.) And the nurses I've met put me at ease. I feel I am getting wonderful care, advice and treatment. Thank yo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I have been to multiple doctors to try and figure out my lower pelvic pain. I felt like Dr Serels is the first doctor who really listened to what I had to say. He asked questions and together we discussed a possible treatment plan that I felt comfortable with. He took my feelings into account. His nurse was extremely pleasant and his office staff was very accommodating. Their office space may not be the most modern but the level of care certainly makes up for it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels is truly and amazing Doctor. He has helped me with my kidney stones and other issues. His bedside manner is great. He does not just treat you like another statistic. He really cares for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels is very patient and explains in detail what your health issue is in layman's terms. He gives each patient all the time the patient needs and answers all of your questions. He is a kind gentleman and understands all of his patients' needs. He will first do any examination, that needs to be done, in the office. If not he will do a procedure that is required at a surgical center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Scott Serels has provided the highest quality care that one could wish for. He exhibits a calm demeanor, listens attentively, and provides reassurance when needed. I have been very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Great doctor my procedure went well visits are quick..also has a great bedside manner. The staff is nice respectful one of them cute!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels met me for the second time last week and I have to comment that he was exceptional. He really understood bladder prolapse and incontinence. He was able to diagnose a problem that was complicated. He has a great bedside manner and knows to deal with a sensitive subject. I am so glad I went to him to treat my problems! I feel very confident he can correct the issues I have had for a long time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I have been to several Urologist over he last year and Dr. Serels was the only one to diagnose my problem correctly. I have dealt with doctors in the city and no one took the time to ask the right questions and get to the heart of my issue. Dr. Serels did! His diagnosis was accurate and he was able to treat my symptoms. I am so much better thanks to him and his office! He really cares about his patients! I would highly recommend Dr. Serels to treat your issue!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Serels since 2010. After becoming a quadriplegic in 2009, i had endless UTI's, the cause of which he was able to identify and resolve. Since then, I see him every five weeks, more if there is an issue. Technically, he is amazing, both in the hospital and at the office. Both he and his staff are courteous and efficient, but both are overworked. Be patient, they will get to you and take care of you and you'll be happy you waited. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I had a terrible problem with urinary incontinence until I met with Dr. Serels. He was able to expertly diagnose my problem and provide excellent treatment. He took the time to understand all the facets of my problem and clearly explained everything to me. I am so grateful for his help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
I had a few problems -- 1) the doctor went away on vacation the day after I had my first visit and there was a problem. Only THEN did I hear there was NO ONE covering for him while he was away. 2) I had over an hour wait for my 2nd component of testing booked. 3) I have a robust BCBS insurance plan YET they use an OUT OF NETWORK lab? The fees were outrageous. I will NEVER return and expect I will be dealing with the billing team for a horribly long time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels is an excellent doctor with the absolute worst support staff ever. His receptionist is snotty and condescending beyond belief. She truly treats you like a number and a copay check. If Dr. Serels were not as good as he is, I would definitely change practices. As it is, I delay my visits as long as possible because even making the appointment is an unpleasant experience. If you have another urologist as an option, go there. Avoiding the office staff at this office will be worth it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Office is very disorganized and rude. I had made an appointment for an ultra sound and then to meet with the Dr. and apparently they switched it on me without telling me. When I arrived they were very rude and told me I was no longer meeting with the Dr but rather his assistant and that I was an hour early to the appt. I did finally meet with the Dr (after an hour wait) and he could not be bothered but wanted me to sign a waiver to have surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
Dr. Serels office is very unorganized. Msgs are left early in the a.m., and unanswered. No one returns your calls for lab results or from your msg that you left at 8:30 a.m. You have to constantly followup with the office. The lab and patient rooms rooms are not clean. He would rather you come in for visits to make lots of $$$$. Patient Care is 0 to none. Look for another Urologist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
This is the one of the most unprofessional, uncaring practices I've encountered. He may be competent technically, but I will avoid this practice and him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?
dr. serels is very thorough and very caring and will always answer any questions or concerns you may have..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Serels, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Serels?

To provide the most cutting edge and comprehensive care available.

• Urology

1999
1993
1992

• scanlon award for surgical innovation, 2000

• published numerous articles on incontinence and pelvic reconstruction,
  • www.urology-norwalk.com,

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Serels treats patients.

Norwalk Hospital