Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Schlesinger

Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Little Rock, AR and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences in 1986 and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological spine surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Schlesinger accepts

Dr. Schlesinger accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arkansas

Check Dr. Schlesinger's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Fluoroscopy
  • Fluroscopically-Guided Spinal Injection
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulnar Nerve Injuries
  • Vertebroplasty

My goal with every patient is to determine the least invasive treatment, non-surgical or surgical, that will deliver my patients the greatest benefits.

• Neurosurgery

11.03448275862069%

Dr. Schlesinger?
Dr. Schlesinger's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD
Awful experience. Idiot "Medical Assistant" calls to send to PCP for labs when you are sitting in waiting room for appointment. Another "Medical Assistant" falsified documentation of phone call placed and voicemail left when not done. Obtaining phone records to present to Medical Board with complaint. "Director" Allie is ignorant and kept asking what needed to be done to correct situation. Shouldn't she know already? EEG hasn't even been read by Dr. Sullivan and yet recommendations already made?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
From around 2009-2018 I had severe low back, hip, and leg pain. Now I am pain free after surgery and trying to get back In shape!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I felt that Dr. Schlesinger and staff did all they could for me to avoid surgery which I appreciated. However having the surgery, everything went well and as of today I’m very glad I had it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I felt comfortable in all my visits to clinic and the surgery center. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. I am glad I had the surgery, I just wish I did it sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I had spinal decompression surgery as an out patient. The staff is very knowledgeable and Dr Schlesinger game in the prep room to let us know exactly the procedure he was doing making be feel very confident and relaxed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
Before I came to Dr Schlesinger I was unable to go shopping, walking, and play with my grandchildren. After my surgery I have my life back! I would HIGHLY recommend this practice to anyone that is having back problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I had constant extreme brining pain across my shoulder, down my arm to the elbow with numbness in my fingers. Dr. S did decompression and fusion of C3-4 and 4-5 Pain is totally gone and I could not be more satisfied with Dr. S and his wonderful staff- Sharon L.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
The nerve pain in my arm was immediately relieved following surgery. First time even to wake up from surgery and be basically pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
Great experience. Dr. Schlesinger was very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time with me. He and his staff did a great job! —Parker Brooks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
My foot is not numb. I do not slouch when I stand up. I stand taller & feel better than I have in 2 or 3 years. The burning in my legs is gone. Can get up out of bed in a hurry if needed! - Travis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE and was suffering severe pain on my right side lower back, hip and leg. I also had numbness and tingling in left upper thigh with walking. I was seen by a Neurosurgeon at Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi and was told I need fusion surgery L5/S1. I did some research on the internet and found Dr. Schlesinger’s procedure to be the least invasive so I called for an appointment and flew to the Us for the surgery. My experience was amazing. -traci woods
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
My family doctor could see my pain was 10/10 after a fall. He called and got me a same-day appointment with Dr. Schlesinger. Within 1.5 weeks I was in for surgery and it fixed my pain immediately. Dr. Schlesinger was great to explain everything, show me my MRI and had great bedside manners before and after the surgery. The PT gals were great as well! –G May
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
When I first came to Legacy I was happy and relieved that Dr. Schlesinger was so attentive to my needs, understanding of my condition and willing to provide the surgery I needed. He and his staff were accommodating and professional from the first visit to the last and I would recommend to anyone. When I came in for surgery I was in intense pain and was barely mobile. Soon after surgery I was walking comfortably and soon managing many normal tasks. Dr. Schlesinger is an outstanding surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
Came into the room in a bad mood. Asked "Why are you here?" I said I have a disc out in my neck. "Why are you here?" I was confused, "No, why are you here?" He repeated it a couple more times and I said I was in pain. "We don't give pain medicine". I said what, I didn't mention pain medicine. I don't want pain medicine. MRI showed two ruptured discs and 4 with stenosis. Valentines dayand his wife and kid were waiting on him to leave, he was rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't trust him to touch me
We apologize for your negative experience at...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
This is my second time having Dr. Scott as a surgeon. I feel like he is an amazing man who is caring and shows interest in exactly why you are seeing him. Both of my surgeries went great. His nurses are fantastic, caring and very compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Scott to anyone who needs answers to any type of pain dealing with neurology. He is the best and his therapist are great too! -Cindi Putetti
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I tell friends to come see you because you have fixed my problems without doing major back surgery. You gave me advice on whether or not to do the injections or surgery. - Brenda Gaitlin
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I came to Dr. Schlesinger with severe pain in my upper right back, radiating down to my right arm and hand. I had no strength in my right hand. Dr. Schlesinger performed ACDF surgery the next day and was very intelligent, professional and kind. It is now 3 months post surgery and I have no more symptoms and all strength has return in my hand. - Amy W.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
I have been very pleased with my care at Legacy. Any questions that I've had have always been answered. All staff have great attitudes and always make me comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
Outstanding Doctor/Surgeon w/ Highly professional and friendly staff . I was an HR Manager for years and would always refer employees to this doc due to the excellence medical insurance reports on his very low cases of infection, and very very low rate of return patients needing "fixes" from poor procedures (called re-admittance) Most surgeons in this field had much higher re-admittance rates to correct fix problems with their surgery's. There is a 3-4 week wait list because he is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?
This was a positive experience! The doctors and staff beyond Angels. Hello to each and JD everyone and may God Bless You All!!!! -Judy Olmsteads
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Schlesinger?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Schlesinger treats patients.

Compare Providers