Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD
BOARD CERTIFICATION American Board of Neurological Surgery FELLOWSHIP Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois,Lausanne, Switzerland GENERAL SURGERY INTERNSHIP University of Texas Health Sciences Center,Parkland Hospital, Dallas, TX NEUROSURGERY RESIDENCY University of Texas Health Sciences Center,Parkland Hospital, Dallas, TX MEDICAL DEGREE University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences,Little Rock, AR VOTED Top 10 Neurological Surgeon Specialist by Vitals, Best 2014 Little Rock Surgeon, Top Professional Healthcare Provider 2016 INNOVATION Invention of the MIG-LIF procedure The Legacy Spinous Process MIG-LIF procedure is one of the most advanced and innovative MIS lumbar fusion procedures in the world. The surgery is often performed outpatient or with shorter hospital stays allowing for quicker recovery time, reduced post-op pain, lower risk of MRSA infections and lower costs.

8201 Cantrell Rd Ste 265

Little Rock, AR 72227

Learn about Dr. Schlesinger

My goal with every patient is to determine the least invasive treatment, non-surgical or surgical, that will deliver my patients the greatest benefits.

Dr. Schlesinger's Experience

Dr. Schlesinger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Fluoroscopy
  • Fluroscopically-Guided Spinal Injection
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Medication Management
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• University Of Arkansas
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine, Uams, University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Parkland Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Parkland Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Centre Hospitalier
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Schlesinger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schlesinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schlesinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schlesinger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schlesinger to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Schlesinger's Performance
in Toronto, ON |
I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE and was suffering severe pain on my right side lower back, hip and leg. I also had numbness and tingling in left upper thigh with walking. I was seen by a Neurosurgeon at Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi and was told I need fusion surgery L5/S1. I did some research on the internet and found Dr. Schlesinger’s procedure to be the least invasive so I called for an appointment and flew to the Us for the surgery. My experience was amazing. -traci woods
in Toronto, ON |
My family doctor could see my pain was 10/10 after a fall. He called and got me a same-day appointment with Dr. Schlesinger. Within 1.5 weeks I was in for surgery and it fixed my pain immediately. Dr. Schlesinger was great to explain everything, show me my MRI and had great bedside manners before and after the surgery. The PT gals were great as well! –G May
in Toronto, ON |
When I first came to Legacy I was happy and relieved that Dr. Schlesinger was so attentive to my needs, understanding of my condition and willing to provide the surgery I needed. He and his staff were accommodating and professional from the first visit to the last and I would recommend to anyone. When I came in for surgery I was in intense pain and was barely mobile. Soon after surgery I was walking comfortably and soon managing many normal tasks. Dr. Schlesinger is an outstanding surgeon.
Little Rock, AR. |
Came into the room in a bad mood. Asked "Why are you here?" I said I have a disc out in my neck. "Why are you here?" I was confused, "No, why are you here?" He repeated it a couple more times and I said I was in pain. "We don't give pain medicine". I said what, I didn't mention pain medicine. I don't want pain medicine. MRI showed two ruptured discs and 4 with stenosis. Valentines dayand his wife and kid were waiting on him to leave, he was rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't trust him to touch me
We apologize for your negative experience at Legacy Neuro. It appears that several months have gone by since the event, which could explain the confusion because it is clear that the reason for the visit was to evaluate the MRI findings of ruptured discs and stenosis. Such findings can certainly cause pain, but might not being treatable with neurosurgery. Due to the anonymous nature of this review, please call 5016610077. We'd like to make things right.
in San Jose, CA |
This is my second time having Dr. Scott as a surgeon. I feel like he is an amazing man who is caring and shows interest in exactly why you are seeing him. Both of my surgeries went great. His nurses are fantastic, caring and very compassionate. I would recommend Dr. Scott to anyone who needs answers to any type of pain dealing with neurology. He is the best and his therapist are great too! -Cindi Putetti
in Arkansas |
I tell friends to come see you because you have fixed my problems without doing major back surgery. You gave me advice on whether or not to do the injections or surgery. - Brenda Gaitlin
in Little Rock, AR |
I came to Dr. Schlesinger with severe pain in my upper right back, radiating down to my right arm and hand. I had no strength in my right hand. Dr. Schlesinger performed ACDF surgery the next day and was very intelligent, professional and kind. It is now 3 months post surgery and I have no more symptoms and all strength has return in my hand. - Amy W.
I have been very pleased with my care at Legacy. Any questions that I've had have always been answered. All staff have great attitudes and always make me comfortable.
in Hot Springs National Park, AR |
Outstanding Doctor/Surgeon w/ Highly professional and friendly staff . I was an HR Manager for years and would always refer employees to this doc due to the excellence medical insurance reports on his very low cases of infection, and very very low rate of return patients needing "fixes" from poor procedures (called re-admittance) Most surgeons in this field had much higher re-admittance rates to correct fix problems with their surgery's. There is a 3-4 week wait list because he is great.
in Los Angeles, CA |
This was a positive experience! The doctors and staff beyond Angels. Hello to each and JD everyone and may God Bless You All!!!! -Judy Olmsteads
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Schlesinger has changed my life I could hardly walk and was in severe pain before coming to him. We tried many different ways to alleviate the pain but despite the efforts I ended up getting back surgery. The staff has been amazing each visit. Dr. schlesinger took the time to listen, present me with options and the end result, fixed me! I can now walk without pain. I can sleep without pain and I have been able to start living again! My future is much brighter now! -Nakosha
in Abu Dhabi, UAE |
I am a 54 year old female from the US, but I'm living in Abu Dhabi, UAE . I had an old injury of Spondylolisthesis of my L5/S1 post steroid injection which became reactive. I was thoroughly examined by Neurosurgeoun at Cleveland clinic and told now it's surgery time. I researched and chose Dr. Schlesinger's Mig Lif procedure and couldn't be happier. I went in the morning and home that afternoon. Soon I'll be back golfing with my husband. Thank you to Dr. & Staff for my excellent care.
The policy of starting minimal and adding as needed is great. Every person we have dealt with has been wonderful. Our time was respected. Everyone went above and beyond what was expected. Everyone is extremely friendly and respectful. We are impressed with the knowledge of the doctors and staff.
in New York, NY |
Great people all around, everyone let me know what was going on. Staff is very friendly and easy to talk too. Dr. S is great! He let me know what was happening and shared the path/timeline to be well. Fantastic experience-- Richard F.
Great experience; helpful and courteous. Thank you! I usually suffer from "white coat syndrome" but Dr. Schlesinger didn't make me feel this way at all!!! -Joe Franks
in Little Rock, AR |
I had spinal surgery in 2009 and have been pain free since. I highly recommend Dr.Scott Schlesinger!
in Prescott, AR |
Dr. Schlesinger is a great doctor. He has made very knowledgeable decisions based on my condition and surgery was a success. I am very happy to have been a patient and I am blessed to finally not have any pain. This surgery has given back my mobility and ability to continue things I have in the past. My only regret was not doing this surgery sooner. I have noticed my lower back is stronger now than it has ever been. Prior to surgery I was unable to bend, lift, or even walk. Now I am in the gym!
in Hot Springs, AR |
Very caring staff-- they made me feel important. The receptionist is great and very personable!! Dr Schlesinger is very knowledgeable and hands down the best. I trusted this whole place with my heart. The staff and doctors have shown every bit of professionalism there is. I have already shared with others how great this facility is. - Karen Smith
in Sherwood, AR |
Everyone I met has been friendly and made me feel that they had my best interest in mind. I trusted Dr. Schlesingers decisions that surgery was best for me. I have zero pain and I could hardly bare weight on my left leg before surgery. I have already told one person who is having constant back pain to go to Legacy. The entire process has been positive and the surgery completely eliminated my severe pain that I suffered from for 7 months. I would not hesitate to come back in the future.
in Little Rock, AR |
My pain has completely disappeared after surgery with Dr Schlesinger. Also, pain management after surgery was amazing. I expected to be in an extreme state of pain, but the team helped to manage all my post operative pain. The physical therapist and nurses are very helpful and kind.
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Schlesinger was a great listener and he treated me very well.
in Danville, AR 72833 |
I have already recommended Dr Schlesinger to others. Could not be any more pleased with my appointments, surgery, and staff.
in Little Rock, AR |
The way the back office staff jumped through hoops to get my insurance and workers comp issues settled was amazing! I was in tremendous pain and they did everything they could to help me. Within 24 hours they did a walk through and got my insurance approved. The surgery staff was just as helpful, they were attentive and understanding. They gave me positive reassurance when I needed it the most! I would like to give hugs to all! YOU SAVED MY LIFE.
Salem, AR |
He did a cervical fusion on my neck and was sent home the next day...I had a large hematoma build up and had to be life flighted back to Little Rock after which the surgical site had to be reopened and drained after which I was in coma for 3 weeks touch and go. His staff is unprofessional. Last appt. I spent 3 hours waiting and never saw the dr. I definitely WOLD NOT use him as my surgeon again.....
in Little Rock, AR |
Dr. Schlesinger is a great doctor, he is caring, kind, and knows his stuff! His staff are top of the line! I always feel like they care about me and my condition. I have been sending patients his way for years!
in Dardanelle, AR |
He did a cervical fusion 3 years ago and his neck has never been right. Now the 2 disc that he fused are coming apart. I would never recommend him to anyone. The wait time is horrible too.
Conway, AR |
NOPE! No you cannot get a prompt appointment! Having a cervical spine emergency and told NO,wait 3 weeks! Very poorly handled by his staff! I won't ever know if this Dr is good or not because of the ridiculousness of staff!
Have you seen Dr. Scott Schlesinger, MD?

Visit Dr. Schlesinger