Dr. Scott Ross, DO

Dr. Scott Ross, DO

Pain Medicine  |

Dr. Scott Ross, DO is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Ross is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

Pain Management of the Rockies

2222 N Nevada Ave Ste 5003

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

• Ameriben
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • Fortis Benefits Insurance Company
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Ross

See how frequently Dr. Ross performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Migraine
Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Ross's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ross "We believe that the basis of our success has been our quality of patient care, combined with a high level of service provided to our referral sources. We make every effort to see newly referred patients within two weeks. Through experience and appropriate testing, we are typically able to define specific diagnosis and therefore specific treatment plans. Our providers take the time to educate each patient about their diagnosis and the reasons behind treatment. "

• Pain Medicine

• Rehabilitation Therapy
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Naval Hospital - Charleston
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Mayo Clinic College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Mayo Clinic College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Ross has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ross does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ross and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ross' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ross to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Ross' Performance
    GOOD
in Monument, CO |
My consultation with Dr. Ross was very thorough. He was very patient, caring and requested tests to determine the origin of my pain. After an injection in my back, I can truly say I am pain free! His staff was friendly, professional and courteous. I would highly recommend Dr. Ross to anyone suffering sever pain.
in Colorado Springs Co |
I have been seeing Dr Ross for almost a year. Recently my pain medications for my back have not been working so he changed my meds and ordered me an MRI. I have been calling his office for over 3 weeks. The first call I was told by receptionist that my MRI results was too long and he didn't have time to read them. The second time I was told he is too busy and the third time his receptionist said he was out of town. He has no problem sending me a $300 bill.
Colorado Springs, CO |
It was an honor and pleasure to have had Dr. Ross care for my active duty husband during the time we were stationed at USAF Academy. So thankful they referred us to him. His level of care and expertise is outstanding. If you are truly seeking an excellent physician in this field, he is the one to seek. We did our homework and received feedback from other active duty members who recommended him as the "best". Even his staff is excellent. Highly highly recommend.
in Monument, CO |
Doctor Ross has been my pain specialist on and off for 14 years, through cancer, dual hip replacements, back injury, and arthritis. He has been compassionate, professional, and effective. Highly recommended. He's like a Navy Nuke officer for pain. Thorough, with every treatment and procedure carefully considered, planned, and executed. His staff are always friendly, and swamped. Best pain specialist in the Colorado, IMO.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been a patient with Dr. Ross for over a decade and I recommend him to everyone. He is not only kind, but shows obvious compassion for his patients not only as patients but as people. Throughout the time I have been his patient, he has never done me wrong and I am elated to have him as my Pain Management specialist. He is a blessing to my family and our lifestyle.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Ross is a horrible doctor. His assistants are very rude and he only cares about money. I am in a wheelchair making it difficult to get around and I waited four months for an appointment to see Dr. Ross only to get to the office to be turned away and be hounded for a past due bill. The past due bill for $300 is from my first 15 minute appointment where he sent me away until I had an MRI. Dr. Ross is aware of my current situation and the amount of pain I'm in but still refused to help me.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Ross is such a caring compassionate doctor. He listened to my problem and quickly had a solution. He knows I am private-pay and keeping that in mind, he prescribes meds that fit my budget and are also effective. Because I am private pay, he gave me prescriptions on paper instead of sending them electronically to pharmacies where I would have had to pay for all of them at once. This doctor is just amazing in how much he cares! If you don't like him, it's because you want to be the Dr...
Colorado Springs, CO |
i just met Dr Ross today and I was so impressed. He was not only very thorough but extremely nice and informative. I'm grateful that my primary care physician referred me to him.
pueblo, co |
Dr Ross and his office are truly lovely. His compassion for his patient is refreshing enlight of what healthcare is like these days. His staff are truly very helpful and goes beyond what is expected. Dr Ross takes the time to explain in words that I can understand what is going with my health and I certainly didn't feel like a number. I left feeling that had a plan and what steps were taking place next. Also I felt if I had a question I could definitely ask. I highly recommend Dr. Ross.
Alexandria, VA |
Words do not express the amount of appreciation I have for this Doctor and his amazing set of skills. He was able to see my in a timely manor and gave me all the time I needed to hear out all of my problems. Dr. Ross is a very compassionate Dr. who helped me manage my pain for years. Any wait to see him is more than worth it. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of actual care to treat pain and not just look for a bandaid to fix the problem. The staff is beyond amazing.
Pueblo, CO |
I am shocked at the last review. I have been a patient of Dr Ross for over 12 years. He is a wonderful physician. He is extremely thorough, compassionate and well respected in Colorado Springs. Perhaps the person who left the last review didn't get what they were looking for.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
This a Dr. who needs to have his license revolved. Rude thinks he is the only Dr. Around I will not return to see him. This office does not return calls.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very impressed with Dr. Ross and his staff. Dr. Ross took his time explaining my condition and treatment options. We never felt rushed and when we left we had the information that we needed.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
From scheduling through check-out, the entire process was smooth and it was obvious that I was not just some number to the entire staff. Everyone was friendly and committed to making sure that all of my questions were answered and that I was well informed about what to expect and what I needed to do. I would highly recommend Dr Ross and his staff to anyone.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Scott Ross has been my doctor for over 14 years. His treatments allowed me to finish my career with the highway department . I cannot say enough good about Dr. Ross, he is the best.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I highly recommend Dr.Ross to anyone looking for a highly qualified professional for specialty care. He will take the time to listen then do whatever testing is needed to provide a treatment plan customized for you. Him and his staff go above and beyond and they have my respect and appreciation for the personalized care I receive.
in Denver, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ross for over 4 years. I had been to almost 5 specialists in 2 years and Dr. Ross was the one who took the time to properly diagnose me and get me to top notch neurosurgeons. He's provided continuing care to me and is always compassionate and understanding. He truly listens and his technical skills with injections are excellent. One of the best doctors I've ever had so I travel 110 miles round trip to see him since I've moved. Highly recommend to anyone.
in Port Charlotte, FL |
12-28-16: ross receives referral for injection into neck disc. ross to "evaluate" and determine if office visit necessary b4 procedure done. 1-13-17: i call to ask, what's up, told he is still evaluating. 1-17: ross finally reviews and asks where mri taken. 1-19: they leave message that i have to come in and sign paperwork; i live in albuquerque, which they know. finally they agree to fax. i return 1-26 and leave voice mail which is to be returned w/i "24-48 hours". 1-31: have heard nothing.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very caring doctor he made extra time on his procedure schedule and came in early to see me when he knew I was suffering. He took the time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed when he clearly was very busy. I highly recommend to anyone needing an experienced, compassionate and knowledgeable pain management doctor.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Rude won't listen two faced when you are alone he is verbally abusive putting you down and as soon as someone from the hospital is in the room his attitude completely changes. He will say that he wants to do something and then it will take months for him to finally get to it. This doctor is in this for the money not for patients.
Denver, CO |
Very knowledgeable. Got right to the issues.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Ross and his entire staff truly care for their patients, i was very happy with the services provided,made me feel like family not just another patient,i highly recommend Dr. ROSS
in Peyton, CO |
I feel like I was transported back to a time when a skilled, caring doctor was allowed to treat a patient without the hindrance and hurdles of an insurance company who has no personal contact or particular interest in the patient's welfare. Thank you Dr. Ross that to you I am not a statistic, but an individual. I am grateful for your expertise and compassionate response to my needs.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Wonderful, resourceful, caring provider. After going to many doctors to get my condition identified, Dr. Ross provided me with resources that actually identified what is going on, helping to secure a diagnosis, and after a diagnosis was given, went the extra steps to lay out treatment plans, resources, further tests, and took the extra time to help expedite treatment with other specialists to forestall further muscle wasting. I’d recommend Dr. Ross to anyone needing a competent, smart, doctor
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Ross is professional and compassionate. He really knows his stuff, but he is never condescending. He always listened to me and took me seriously, which is more than any other physician did in treating me. I absolutely recommend Dr. Ross.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Ross, the receptionist, and the lady who schedules are great. The PA (Adam) is worthless. Dr. Ross performed a diagnostic spinal injection which didn't help. Made appointment to see the Dr. then called PA to suggest that they order an MRI before the visit. Adam didn't bother to return my call. 2nd injection didn't work. Called Adam to see what to do. 3 days later no response. Called again he said "gee thought I called you". We can work you in 5 weeks from now. Looking 4 new Dr.
colorado springs, co |
I am so pleased with the care I have gotten from Dr. Ross. He is an amazing Doctor. I have constant pain and he was the only doctor who helped me and I was able to get relief. I am truly blessed to have an awesome provider who actually cares.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Abandoned the Hypocratic Oath to first do no harm. Worst case of COMPASSION FATIGUE I've ever experienced. If you dare complain about the P.A., Adam's communication skills, attitude or cruel demeanor, they will lie about your attendance and label you as non-compliant. I was a loyal patient for ten years and never missed an appointment or showed up late until I recently had a bout of stomach flu. If you are seeking compassionate, knowledgeable treatment, this is not the place for you.
in Fountain, CO |
Dr,Ross, After I was blown off by Military Doctors for 5 years.He knew there was something wrong and treated me for my Medical.Thanks to his treatment, I had 4 1/2 years of enjoying life each day. Dr. Ross was Very understanding how I explain my medical difficulties.I wish I could of met him sooner so I could of had better quality of life.I am Thankful he is my Doctor now.
Colorado Springs, CO |
He allows his MA to lie and yell at patients and then wont listen. His MA added THC to my UA. I havent had anything with THC in more than twenty five years. No one in his office would listen including him. I have made a formal complaint to the AMA. If you become a patient do not let Paul interact with you.
in Monument, CO |
The first help my wife received that actually WORKED!
Have you seen Dr. Scott Ross, DO?
Are you Dr. Ross?

Visit Dr. Ross

Dr. Ross accepts 22 insurance carriers
  • Ameriben
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • Fortis Benefits Insurance Company
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PHCS