Dr. Scott Rickert, MD

Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) | Male

Dr. Scott Rickert, MD
Dr. Scott Rickert, MD is a pediatric otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Rickert is affiliated with Bellevue Hospital Center, NYU Langone Medical Center and Saint Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.

Dr. Rickert's Experience

See how Dr. Rickert's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rickert

Dr. Rickert accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Rickert is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rickert has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rickert's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rickert to family and friends
Dr. Rickert's Performance
New York, NY |
A compassionate, interested, very capable Dr. Did a tonsilectomy for my son at age 3 and has changed his life! He had sleep apnea and is now able to breath. Thank you Dr Rickert!
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Rickert (and his staff) took incredibly good care of our daughter (having surgery on her neck at 2yrs), and was extremely helpful in explaining everything to us. Everyone was informative, accommodating, and ready to answer questions in the clearest way possible. After being referred to him by a number of other doctors, by the end of our first appointment with Doctor Rickert, I was surprisingly comfortable with the idea of my girl having surgery, if Dr. Rickert and his team were handling it.
New York, NY |
Dr. Rickert is a wonderful doctor that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a pediatric ent. He is not only great at what he does but he is warm and kind, which is a must when working with children. His bedside manner is lovely. My special needs son was comfortable and calm in Dr. Rickert's presence, which was an incredible relief, and he spoke directly to him in a gentle and patient way. He performed a adenoidectomy on my son and much to my surprise my son felt well immediately after.
in Richmond Hill, NY |
Dr. Rickert surgically corrected my deviated septum around 2 years ago. He normally operates mostly on children, but he agreed to operate on me. It turned out to be the luckiest thing that could have happened to me. Dr. Rickert was so nice, and his surgical work was outstanding. My entire life has changed since that operation, because I can breath well through my nose and I now have stamina when I exercise. I feel so much more comfortable and happy. I'm so grateful!
in New York, NY |
Dr Rickert is fantastic. From my first appointment through to my post-op, he was clear, helpful, kind, and thorough. I had a deviated septum and sinus surgery which not only went well, I had an amazing quick recovery bc of the care and attention he paid during the surgery. His surgical team was wonderful, also explaining everything clearly and being very good at their job while also treating me very well with kindness and caring. I would highly recommend him and his team!
in Dobbs Ferry, NY |
By far and away one of the most compassionate, caring and wonderful doctors I have ever had the privilege of meeting. He takes his time with each patient and makes you feel so comfortable.
in New York, NY |
I have a daughter with chronic medical conditions and there have been way too many doctors and doctor visits in her young life. I can truly say that Dr. Rickert is one of the best doctors we have seen. He is clearly an expert in his field, yet he respects and values parent input into the decision-making process. He has also gone out of his way to ensure that my daughter's difficult procedures have been done with as little extra stress for her as possible. He is a great doctor and a lovely man.
in New York, NY |
Top notch, highly recommend. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Rickert who treated and performed surgery on my 14 month old son. Ear tubes & adenoidectomy. He is thorough, compassionate, easy to talk to, explains his approach, a natural with babies and their parents. Most impressive still is that he pulled out all the stops to perform surgery on my son in a prior to a trip we had booked in order to ensure he was comfortable during the flight. A great guy, a great & capable surgeon.
Saddle Brook, NJ |
Great doctor, wonderful with my toddler. Doesn't take most insurance, so he gets expensive.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rickert performed a partial tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy on my 8 year old son after we received a diagnosis of mild-moderate sleep apnea. He is an excellent doctor. Great bedside manner. Caring, thorough, excellent with kids. I felt he was a perfect mix of medical expertise/quality training and a modern friendly demeanor. My son's recovery was quick and he doesn't sound like an elephant when he sleeps now. Would recommend Dr. Rickert to anyone.
in New York, NY |
My son had a tonsillectomy with Dr. Rickert last Friday. He recovered so fast that I can't believe it. Dr. Rickert is very nice. He responded very fast when we had question and he was very helpful. I already recommended him to my friends.
Richmond Hill, NY |
Dr Rickert is a good doctor. He knows his stuff really well. I am disappointed that after leaving messages for about 2 weeks, he hasn't called me back about my results of a nasal swab he did on me. Turned out I may have had a bacterial infection after calling my GP up. I understand Dr Rickert is a very busy doctor, but he should have taken the time to call back with results.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr.Rickert is amazing! My daughter came home from her complete tonsillectomy like she didn't even have surgery! I highly recommend Dr. Rickert to anyone in need of an ENT
Have you seen Dr. Scott Rickert, MD?
Are you Dr. Rickert?

Compare Dr. Rickert

Dr. Rickert's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Rickert has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rickert's Board Certifications

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Down Syndrome
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Sinus Disorders
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Graduated in 2004

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
    New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell/Columbia)

Completed in 2009

Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia

Completed in 2010

New York Center For Voice and Swallowing Disorders

Completed in 2010

Yale University

Graduated in 1996

• French

Dr. Rickert does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rickert and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Craniofacial Surgery
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery