Dr. Scott Mullen, MD

Dr. Mullen
Telehealth services available

University of Kansas Hospital - Sports & Performance Center

10730 Nall Ave Overland Park, KS 66211

Dr. Scott Mullen, MD is a Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist in Overland Park, KS. He is affiliated with University Of Kansas Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mullen to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Mullen with our nearby Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialists at Menorah Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Menorah Medical Center today at (913) 232-2482.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Menorah Medical Center.

Dr. Mullen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mullen

Dr. Mullen?
I had a follow up visit as I had fallen. As usual, Dr. Mullen was professional, kind and caring. Despite wearing a mask, I could see his smile. His advice is always comforting and I appreciate his caring bedside manner. I am lucky to have him as my surgeon. Patty Miner
Patty Miner – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen and his team are the absolute best! There is not enough space here for all the wonderful things I could say about them and their care! They are extremely knowledgeable in orthopedic surgery & sports medicine, truly care about their patient's outcomes and are all around great people! I tore my ACL playing indoor soccer and from the initial assessment all the way to my last post op visit I was always comfortable with the plans and status of my recovery. Thank you for EVERYTHING Dr. Mullen, Bethany and Jill! I appreciate you all!
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Our daughter was referred to Dr. Mullen after a sports injury. We were comfortable with the suggestions made to correct the issue. The staff support from surgery to the physical therapy stage was fantastic. Dr. Mullen stayed in touch with the school athletic trainer as well to provide seamless treatment.
  • Long wait times
Trooper A. Shaw – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Fantastic surgeon! Did a great job in the surgery, but also calmed fears I’d had, been timely with appointments and was incredibly thoughtful, patient & caring. I will definitely come back to Dr Mullen should the need arise again!
Wade Belden – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
My 14 year old son had a football injury that resulted in a torn meniscus and dislocated kneecap. I researched orthopedic surgeons and based on his specialties, experience, and reviews on here, I knew I wanted my son to see Dr Mullen. It took a few phone calls to finally get a quick appointment, but I’m so glad I kept at it. We had a great experience with Dr Mullen. He took the time to answer all of our questions, he went over the procedure with great detail, and was able to do the surgery the following week. All follow up appointments went great. Dr Mullen has a great bedside manner, he’s not arrogant, was very caring. His entire staff has been courteous, professional, and extremely responsive. Thanks to a freak basketball injury my son required a second surgery and we have had the same great results this go around also. We are so impressed with Dr Mullen and his team that he is doing my shoulder surgery in a couple months to repair a rotator cuff, labrum, and bicep tear.
Jennifer W – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
My 16 year old daughter had knee surgery (severely torn meniscus) by Dr. Mullen. He got her into surgery two days after initially seeing my daughter! (I think he came in on his day off!) Dr. Mullen is a great guy! He explained everything in detail and even showed video! He always entered the room at follow-up visits with a smile and took the time to listen to all her pt reports and answer all questions. There is no doubt, we would highly recommend Dr Mullen!
Julie Coda in Stilwell, KS – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
I showed up early for my appointment, I waited to be roomed, the was placed in my room and forgot about. No one came in to see me. I eventually walked out because no one updated me or came in to help me. I waited for more than an hour and a half with no communication. I’m sorry, but that is in acceptable. I still need questions answered about my knee , but now need to reschedule.
Casey Trujillo – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Scott Mullen did a Total Hip Replacement on my left hip in December 2018. I had arthritis bone on bone in my lift hip socket. I was getting to the point I couldn't walk, and when I did walk, I was exhausted, and in SO MUCH pain to say the least. After surgery,I had a few weeks of PT, and exercise to build up my mussels, and healing of the I.T. band,..TOTAL SUCCESS! I was up and back in my cross training class by March 2019! It is now August 2019, and I forget I even had surgery! It is so WONDERFUL to have NO pain in my hip what so ever , and my energy level is BACK! I find myself doing things I did when I was in my 30s' I was 69 when I had my replacement, and needless to say that was the BEST decision I ever made! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr Mullen and his team of specialists for ALL your Orthopedic needs! I PROMISE you will not be disappointed! Dr Scott Mullen, I THANK YOU! God Bless
Patricia Anne Jensen – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Three years ago, I had a torn ACL. I had previously torn my other ACL so I knew what the rehab process consisted of. Dr. Mullen explained everything I had any questions on. I was able to contact his office when I had any questions about my surgery. Then 6 months later I had to have another knee surgery. I was disappointed with this whole thing but Dr. Mullen was able to calm my fears. He was able to look into what he was planning to do and he decided it would be best to break my shin and try to help so I wouldn't be bow legged. This would help with my recovery and since he was already going to be there then it would help with prevention. I was glad he really looked into everything and tried to look at what would be best for me. I am now recovered from all the surgeries. Able to do crossfit. Sometimes I have to do things modified but I am able to go to the gym and workout. Dr. Mullen has really helped me continue my health and fitness goals. I would recommend him to anyone
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr Mullen in every way. He read my records and examined my scans. He was a respectful communicator--both in listening and in expressing his thoughts and recommendation.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
I’m a PT so had more questions than the average patient might about hip labrum surgery. I found Dr. Mullen wasn’t very tolerant of these questions — made me feel like I was annoying him rather than taking a few minutes to ease my mind. Maybe he’s a great surgeon if you don’t know much about your hips, but he didn’t appear to have time or patience for someone who does.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Very helpful and informative. Knee replacement was the best idea I've had in a long time.
Kathleen Done in Kansas City, MO – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
I thought he was rude, Insurance was paid in full then he charges ME him self for HIS services. I am on SSI so my insurance always pays all my medical stuff in full.
KS – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
If you're looking for an orthopedic surgeon to take care of your hips, look no further, I've done all the research. I "interviewed" (appointments) 8 face to face and 5 others over the phone and I've talked to an uncountable amount of office personnel. I finally found Dr. Mullen who is a true hip specialist. He is by far the best hip surgeon and you won't find a better one anywhere!
Sonya Gardner in Burr Oak, KS – Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen and his staff are very attentive to his patient's needs. I never had any questions that were not addressed fully with me. The staff is quick to respond anytime I call. I was very comfortable in having Dr. Mullen perform my surgery.
M. Thomas in Kansas City, MO – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr Mullen and his entire staff are the most caring medical professionals I've ever visited and I've visited several in my 66 years. I received a second opinion from him. The first doctor recomended miniscus surgery immediately. Dr Mullen took the time to explain to me that if he did miniscus surgery it would be just that much sooner before I would need total knee replacement. He has taken the time to go over all alternative proceures pros & cons and the proceures have worked. Excellent care!
  • Long wait times
Rick T in Kansas City, KS – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen and his staff are a very caring and understanding group. Dr. Mullen never rushed us and made us feel important. He knew exactly what my husband needed done. All questions are answered in a timely matter and with classes to let us know what to expect with a knee replacement. We think very highly of him and his group. Thanks for such a caring bedside manner.
Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen performed my hip arthroscopy and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. I would recommend him to anyone in KC area looking for a great surgeon.
Prairie Village, KS – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen, was amazing. He really cared for my daughter. Fiqured out the problem when no other doctor could. Listened to her. She needed a bilateral hip surgery and he knocked it out of the park to get it done. Got everything figured out. He did a wonderful job. Incesions were small. Took time the morning after surgery. Just amazing care in the hospital and in his clinic. I would refer him for care, surgery and after care to anyone.
Heather Wilms in Dighton, KS – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?
Dr. Mullen is amazing and was so helpful throughout the entireprocess. I live in Dallas and came back to KC for my surgery because he was the only one I trusted to operate on my hip. He was very accommodating with me living out of town and helped me find care in Dallas throughout the recovery process.
Courtney Clemens in Dallas, TX – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Mullen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mullen?

My practice focuses on the management of orthopedic conditions, specifically sports related injuries. I apply my subspecialized training to treat these...Read more

Born and raised in Wichita, Kansas, I have always had a passion for sports. After majoring in biology at the University of Kansas and attending the University...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine