Dr. Scott Mitchell, DO

60 reviews

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Medicare
  • State Farm

Our mission is to improve the quality of life in all of our patients.Read more

Dr. Mitchell's Experience

See how Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Mitchell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
Piedmont, OK |
I was a patient of Dr. Mitchell's in 2012. I called and left a message on Monday, Feb. 6, 2017. Nobody bothered to call me within 24 hours, so I called back. It went to voicemail. I called the alternate number listed on his website, and I was placed on hold and then disconnected. I spoke with someone named Matt who was given my phone number on a recorded line. Guess what? Nobody called. Dr. Mitchell does not care about his patients/and or is too cheap to hire someone to return phone calls.
in Piedmont, OK |
I saw Dr. Mitchell in 2012 after an auto accident. I called to set another appointment on Monday, Feb. 6th, and I had to speak with a receptionist who then sent me to voicemail. I left my name and number and the fact that I was a former patient, yet nobody called me. I called back on Feb. 7th, and I was put on hold and got disconnected. Nobody has called. Apparently not only does he not care about his patients, but he is also is raking in so much money that he does not need repeat business.
Lawton, OK |
I was referred to Dr Mitchell by my doctor after several steroid injections; however, Dr Mitchell acted like he never reviewed my chart. First of all, the receptionist was rude and wouldn't listen to me regarding my insurance. Dr Mitchell refused to do the procedure that my doctor referred me for, opting instead to proceed with more injections. It was like he didn't review my medical records. I explained to him that I had already had 3 series of steroid injections. He basically said he didn't ca
Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mitchell, listens to his patients, he is kind,caring and does his up most to help his patients
in Okarche, OK |
Dr. Mitchell is great! He has a great bedside manner, explains procedures very well and has helped me so much. I have my life back because of his treatments. His staff is the best.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mitchell is very thorough and patient. He explains a procedure so that us ordinary humans can understand it. Always have felt like I was receiving the best possible care.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I have seen Dr. Mitchell for over 20 years. I feel very secure in his ability to manage my health regardless of the changes in my health that come up concerning my spine related issues. I have referred many friends and family with positive results. Appointments are punctual and the staff is great.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr. Mitchell is a very caring,thoughtful,attentive physician.He truly cares about me,very kind. He has the best bedside manor I've ever experienced.He works w/ me to make a plan as a team to help get me relief for my pain.Dr. Mitchell placed a spinal cord stimulator to help.Dr. Mitchell,he is truly a godsend-I don't know what I'd do w/out him.He is professional,very knowledgeable.I don't trust any other doctor for an epidural than him.Staff are caring and friendly.Thank you for all you do!
in Oklahoma City, Ok. |
Dr. Mitchell is very attentive and staff is very professional and efficient.
in Oklahoma City, |
Easy access to Dr Mitchell from check in to the exam room. Nursing staff and office staff friendly and easy to talk to. Dr Mitchell listens to what you have concerns with and how you would like to proceed with the knowledge and professionalism of a true caring Doctor. I will recommend him to anyone with pain!
in Notnan, Ok |
I went to Dr. Mitchell with pain in my shoulder blade area that I had for a year. I tried to explain to him what was going on giving him some background. He didnotseem interested.Took my shirt off he did a cursive exam, said he would give me a shot in the trigger point and left the room. Shot didnot help. Got shot 2 weeks later no relief. He said Botox shot may or may not help and insurance wouldnot pay for 1100 shot. He never offered to talk to my insurance. He would not give any data to appeal
in Bentonville |
This guy is the best pain management doctor I have ever went to. I went through five neck surgeries and was in constant pain. He called my insurance carrier and talked to one of their doctors to get me approved for botox injections. We have since moved three hours away because of my job and I still have come back to OKC four times to have him do his thing. God has truly blessed me with Scott.
in Agra, OK. |
I went in 5 years ago and I could just barely walk at the time, due to the pain in my lower back. Dr. Mitchell put a steroid shot in my lower back and I felt better, but the next day, after a good nights sleep, I was in NO PAIN at all. All the pain has been gone for five years now, but it has come back, so I will see him again. THANKS Scott, for the RELIEF!
Oklahoma City, OK |
Professional, Compassionate, Knowledgeable, Trustworthy. I had shingles, and thought I would be in weeks if not months of pain. I found Dr. Mitchell and instead weeks or months turned into a short couple of weeks. I highly recommend him. He goes above and beyond your expectations. His talent is superb A+++.
Not a good specialist
Have you seen Dr. Scott Mitchell, DO?
Are you Dr. Mitchell?

Dr. Mitchell's Care Philosophy

Our mission is to improve the quality of life in all of our patients.

Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mitchell's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia

Completed in 1989

University Tex

Completed in 1992

Southwestern U

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Celiac Plexus Block
  • Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Cervical Facet Joint Injection
  • Cervical Medial Branch Block
  • Discography
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections