Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Scott McKnight, MD
Dr. Scott McKnight, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Katy, TX. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. McKnight is affiliated with Houston Methodist West Hospital, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital and Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.

COLON & RECTAL CLINIC

23920 Katy Fwy Ste 580

Katy, TX 77494

• Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. McKnight

Patients should be treated like we, healthcare professionals, would want to be treated. No complaint or problem will be minimized. All questions will be addressed. Patients will be cared for in a timely and efficient manner. Colon and rectal problems are often ignored and can be uncomfortable to discuss. The Colon and Rectal Clinic strives to make patients feel welcome and as comfortable as possible.

Dr. McKnight's Experience

Dr. McKnight's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Diverticulitis
  • Fecal Incontinence
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Hemorrhoids

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Fistula Repair
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemicolectomy
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Incontinence Surgery
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • da Vinci® Colectomy

• University of Alabama At Birmingham
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. McKnight has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKnight does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKnight and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKnight's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKnight to family and friends
Dr. McKnight's Performance
Katy, TX |
Dr. McKnight discussed my options to allow me to select the appropriate procedure for my circumstances, which I decided was surgery (right robotic colectomy). He explained the procedure and answered my questions, as well as later follow up questions. After surgery Dr. McKnight monitored my recovery progress and again answered my questions thoroughly.
in Richmond, TX |
Excellent care. I offered him a very challenging case that he handled with grace and confidence. Excellent bedside demeanor. Not only did I like him but all of the staff in the hospital did to. I have already referred potential patients to him and will continue.
Houston, TX |
Dr. McKnight is a wonderful physician with excellent bedside manner; he is very knowledgeable and thoroughly explains everything you think you would want to know about your condition and he listens to make sure you understand and are making the best decision. I have had a procedure and more recently surgery and would highly recommend him because he is the Gold Standard and makes you feel like you are in the best hands.
in Houston, TX |
Great doctor. Knows his stuff. Knows the stats. Lets you know what to expect then delivers what he tells you. Highly recommend this guy.
in Richmond, TX |
We absolutely love his office staff. They are always friendly, respectful and fantastic in handling patients. I had an issue relating to my Perianal Cyst (surgical procedure), and Dr, McKnight explained to me exactly what is wrong and how they are going to repair. I sincerely trusted him, his medical knowledge and his judgment. The procedure went very well and he made me healthy again. We are very thankful to him for the job well done.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. McKnight took the time to listen to my experiences with previous GI doctors and provided me with the information I needed which ultimately helped me make a decision on surgery. Before seeing him, I had not researched him and was actually referred to another doctor. I believe that faith lead me to him which ended up resolving my 6 year battle with a colon disease. The surgery and staff were awesome and attended to every need during and after surgery, along with keeping my wife up to date.
in Lufkin, TX |
Came upon Dr. McKnight by referral from another Dr. The referring Dr. was only right about one thing, sending me to Dr. McKnight. Dr. McKnight recommended surgery only after long course of antibiotics to reduce the infection and inflammation. Surgery was a Robotic assisted Laparoscopic Colectomy to remove about 12 inches of my Sigmoid Colon. I've had Diverticulosis for abut 10 years and the last 3 or 4 have been increasing painful. For the first time in a long time, normal may be in my future.
in Houston, TX |
I was referred to Dr McKnight for surgery by my doctor. He thoroughly explained my surgery with a diagram I could take home and review. The nurses in surgery prep commented on how he was "very good and particular". I was encouraged everyone would be on their toes and the nursing staff had confidence in him. I had a serious surgery with a hospital stay of 4 days. I never had any pain because Dr McKnight had orders in place for every circumstance. He uses the latest technology, as well.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. McKnight and his associates were outstanding. It was refreshing to have a Dr. that fully explained the process of surgery and had very good patient respect. He was recommended by another physician and Dr. McKnight was as good as he said he was.
in Houston, TX |
Love, Love, Love Dr. McKnight. I wish he was my primary care physician. Not only is he an excellent doctor but he is so caring. My whole family loves him, he takes the time to explain treatment and results of treatment. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. McKnight.
in Katy |
Compassionate. very much in tune with me! I could not have been more happy from day 1 to final visit, walked us thru possibility's and was spot on for me during surgery... I give him 10 stars... very Lucky to find him!!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. McKnight has been a joy to have as a surgeon. He patiently and clearly explained what was going to be done and what I needed to do to get ready. He explained the possible outcomes/side effects in such a manner that what happened in reality was much better that I was expecting. Appointments with Dr. McKnight were always easy to make, his nurses did the follow-up services effectively, and my appointments with him after the surgery were the fastest of any doctor every. TEN minutes in and out.
in Columbus, Texas |
He was very informative on my procedure and used words that I could understand. Very comfortable doctor to talk to.
Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. McKnight was excellent. He is warm and compassionate. He was always accessible when I had concerns or questions. He took the time to listen to me and give me clear, thorough answers. I would definitely recommend him.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. McKnight and his staff are great and super friendly. He made the process of my procedures/surgery's as easy as possible and comfortable. Dr. McKnight shows he cares for his patients and will take the time to speak to you and answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend him and his team and will continue to refer people his way!
in Houston, TX |
I moved to the USA from the UK 14 years ago. In all that time, Dr. McKnight is by far the best Doctor I have encountered. Personable, knowledgeable, and competent; 10 out of 10 on all fronts.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. McKnight is great! I felt well informed and well cared for before during and after my surgery. He was very accommodating of all of our questions and concerns. Never felt rushed.
in Houston, TX |
Professional, kind man. Felt like we knew him for years. Explained in details, in a language we could understand. Searched him up on YouTube and it really helped break the ice on why we were going to see him.
in Richmond, TX |
At first he seemed a little aloof, however in getting to understand that he is very busy and does not have an excess of time to debate the incidentals. I realized that he wants you to know the facts and does not shy away from honesty and this can sometimes seem a little abrupt. Once you get to know him you see how professional he is and that is reflected in his attention to detail and care. Another trait that I respected, was his promptness in post operative visits. I recommend him fully.
Have you seen Dr. Scott McKnight, MD?
Are you Dr. McKnight?

Visit Dr. McKnight

Dr. McKnight accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA