Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Scott McGarvey, MD
Scott R. McGarvey, MD, is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in disorders of the foot and ankle, including trauma, arthritis, total ankle joint replacement and sports medicine. Dr. McGarvey has performed over 6,500 bunion surgical procedures. In addition to his practice, Dr. McGarvey has served as editor to the Foot and Ankle International Journal, Director of the Minnesota Orthopaedic Society, and Clinical Associate Professor of the University of Minnesota.

4010 W 65th St

Edina, MN 55435

• HealthPartners
  • Medica
  • PreferredOne
  • Ucare

Learn about Dr. McGarvey

Dr. McGarvey's Experience

Dr. McGarvey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Mayo Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Mayo Clinic Graduate School Of Medicine
  • Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship At Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Advanced Foot & Ankle Surgery Fellowship At Mayo Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. McGarvey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McGarvey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McGarvey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McGarvey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McGarvey to family and friends
4.4
Dr. McGarvey's Performance
Outstanding surgeon. My toes/feet were grossly deformed from Rheumatoid Arthritis, pain so bad it hurt to put on socks. Bones deteriorated & disconnected from joints. Toes bent so walking on the nail. I had both feet reconstructed & couldn't be happier. My feet look normal & are pain-free for the 1st time in 15+yrs. He is an extremely gifted, skilled doctor. Sincere, compassionate, genuinely cares. There's no one I'd trust more! At my last appt. I cried as I told him how he changed my life!
in Minnetonka, MN |
Dr. McGarvey is FIRST CLASS. He diagnosed a foot problem within seconds that other doctors have missed for about 10 years, a torn plantar plate. He also noticed that a bunion surgery I had from another doctor was NOT done right. I was able to schedule surgery within a few weeks. Excellent outcome on both torn plantar and bunion. He is kind, caring and professional. He cares about his patients and will take the time to carefully listen to you. I highly recommended him!
in anoka, MN |
I had total reconstruction of my right foot due to 30 years of rheumatoid arthritis. My surgery was on Jan.6,2017 , My foot feels so much better that i will be having surgery on the left foot at the end of March. I feel so good, my only regret is I didn't get this surgery years ago. Dr. McGarvey is an excellent doctor. He and his staff are kind,compassionate, extremely skilled and are dedicated to improving the lives of their patients. I highly recommend him , you will not be disappointed !
I have nothing but praise for Dr. McGarvey. I had bunion surgery on both my feet, and he did an excellent job. From my initial consultation to my post-op appointment Dr. McGarvey was professional, informative and charismatic about what he does. His staff is exceptional and always friendly and helpful. I will not use any other orthopedic doctor. I would recommend Dr. McGarvey to family and friends.
in Eden Prairie, MN |
By the time I was diagnosed with RA 25+ years ago the damage to me feet was significant. I was referred to Dr McGarvey by my Internist and have never considered trusting my feet/ankle to anyone else. There have been some very complicated surgeries and through all of them, always knew he had my best interest in hand. It has been a long journey but the outcome has been great. I walk better today that I have in 20 years and owe that to a very gifted, skilled, compssionate surgeon.
in Park Rapids, MN 56470 |
I had severe bunions and crooked toes overlapping, much pain & discomfort. Dr. McGarvey was recommended by a former patient who said he was exceptional in every aspect, professionally, surgically and personality. Everything was explained thoroughly, in detail, from beginning to end. He felt like a friend who really cared about you personally and wanted to do the best for you to make life better. He is very compassionate. I now have beautiful feet. Thank you for doing an excellent surgery!
in Burnsville, MN |
Dr Mcgarvey has been my dr for over 20 years, he has done surgery on my feet and each time the outcome was great, I have the utmost respect for him, i would recommend him to everyone who needs orthopedic surgery, they would have the best
in Elko, MN 55020 |
Scott McGarvey, MD is one of the best foot Surgeons Nation wide. If a patient follows his instructions they will have a wonderful outcome. I had Bilateral Bunion surgery and I wish I could enclose a picture of my feet. They are beautiful. If there are any complaints the patient needs to ask themselves if they really has followed the instructions give to them. Dr. McGarvey tells you and also gives out a written copy of what you must do to aid your recovery. Thank you Dr. McGarvey!
in Vadnais Heights, MN |
I have chronic RA and needed foot reconstruction of both feet. I had been to 2 other ortho foot specialists and just didn't feel comfortable with their approach. Dr McGarvey explained how complicated my foot surgery was going to be and set proper expectations for my future. The surgery was one of the most complicated surgeries he has done due to my soft bone and poor marrow, but is completely healed after 5 months. This has been a miracle ! My other foot is scheduled once I finish PT.
St Paul, MN |
Dr. McGarvey is an exceptional surgeon. His technical skills are very impressive and he's extremely knowledgeable in his specialty field. Because of his surgical skill, my surgeries were very successful. Dr. McGarvey's communication skills are excellent -- he thoroughly explains your diagnosis, prognosis and potential treatment options. Further, Dr. McGarvey has a caring approach, which helped me significantly through my recoveries. I would highly recommend Dr. McGarvey to my family and friends.
in St Paul, MN |
I highly recommend Dr. McGarvey. I had both bunions operated on and the result could not have been better. I had minimal pain with the surgery! I was back in running shoes after three weeks, back at the gym at four weeks, back running at seven weeks. My feet LOOK great, am back exercising now without pain, my fashion shoes way more comfortable! I only wish I had done this sooner! Thanks Dr. McGarvey!
in Eagan, MN |
Dr. McGarvey replaced my left ankle. This total replacement has been excellent as after one year I have full use of the ankle without pain. I followed the advice of the doctor and was non weight bearing until it healed. Great experience with a great doctor and staff!
in Mankato, MN |
I was told by a local physician my feet were so deformed due to rheumatoid arthritis they couldn't be fixed. Three months after reconstructive surgery on my left foot done by Dr. McGarvey, I have a beautiful (sandal-worthy) pain-free foot. I highly recommend Dr. McGarvey. He: --Is kind and sensitive to the difficulties of living with RA --Clearly outlines what to expect before, during and after surgery --Manages pain effectively
Have you seen Dr. Scott McGarvey, MD?
Are you Dr. McGarvey?