Dr. Scott Jaben, MD

Dr. Scott Jaben, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Scott Jaben, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Jaben is affiliated with Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center and Carolinas Healthcare System Union.

Dr. Jaben's Experience

See how Dr. Jaben's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jaben

Dr. Jaben accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Jaben has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jaben's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jaben to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Jaben's Performance
in Charlotte, NC |
While Dr. Jaben may be an excellent surgeon based on the reviews I read here, his time and attention for my regular eye exam left me wondering what to do. I can honestly say I don't know if I should get the prescription he gave me filled or seek another opinion. My husband plans to cancel his appointment. I would NOT recommend him though his staff was friendly and professional. An Ophthalmologist who won't tell you if your cataract should be removed has issues.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Had the then new cold intralse lasik back in 2005. Still see perfect! Thank you Dr. J..you are the best! :)
in Charlotte, NC |
My new implants are awesome! I don't even need any type of glasses. My vision is perfect! Highly recommended!!!!!
in North Carolina |
I was very pleased with Dr. Jaben and his team. They were all very helpful and professional. I would certainly recommend Dr. Jaben for your Lasik Eye Correction needs.
Charlotte, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Jaben's for over 17 years. He has performed both LASIK and cataract removal surgeries on me and both times have exceeded expectations. I would not trust my eyesight to any other physician.
Awesome doctor!
Charlotte, NC |
World-class cataract surgeon with years of experience. Highest level of skill. Has my complete trust.
Salisbury, NC |
Dr Jaben did my lasik procedure at TLC Eye Center in Charlotte NC. Couldnt ask for a more caring and imformative MD.
in Greenville, NC |
Could not have been any better!!! I would recommend Dr. Scott to anyone thinking about Laser Eye Surgery.
Concord, NC |
I typically don't write reviews but wanted to this time based on my experience with Dr. Jaben. He performed my PRK procedure and did a wonderful job. He clearly explained the entire procedure and what would happen he step on the way. He made me feel extremely comfortable the entire time. Very knowledgeable and very professional. I highly recommend him for your LASIK or PRK procedure.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr Jaben was great at explaining exactly what was involved with my PRK surgery. He was responsive and thoroughly answered all of my questions. Likable personality.
We are happy to hear you had such a great experience.
in Fort Mill, SC |
This guy knows his stuff. I couldn't see anything but the big "E" before I had lasik. Dr. Jaben & his staff are phenomenal - they are personable, take the time to go over any & all questions & concerns. He is quick, efficient, and confident. I now have 20/20 vision. He could have been a bit more personable, taking the time to talk to each patient individually right before the procedure, but he's done this 10,000 times! I bet it gets a bit repetitive after awhile. Exceptional Experience!
Concord, NC |
everything was explained and performed precisely.
in mooresville, nc |
I met Dr. Jaben before my lasik procedure. He was calm and friendly and went over all the complications and what the journey toward the best outcome would look like over the next month for me since i was correcting my distance vision. He is very experienced and skilled and I felt at ease under his care. I never felt rushed with my consultation and was impressed with the thorough eye examination.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben explained everything in detail and was very patient in answering my questions . I literally could not read the license plate on the car in front of me ( yes I was driving....very carefully) and used GPS because I couldn't read the street signs. A short surgery and a day of rest and I was thrilled to be able to see again and read the paper without glasses! Thank you Dr. Jaben!
in Singapore, 01 |
Dr. Jaben and his staff are very knowledgeable and professional. Everything was explained in detail about the procedure and what to expect afterward. I am telling everyone I know that if they are thinking about LASIK to call Dr. Jaben's office.
I was well prepared for my surgery with the written materials given to me and all my questions were answered patiently and thoroughly by Dr Jaben. My outcome was excellent and I would recommend him to anyone!
in Matthews, NC |
I had both eyes done within a week. It was so much easier and pain free that I was surprised and relieved. My vision is wonderful, and I no longer have the fogginess and glare from the cataracts.
in Charlotte, NC |
He made it so easy and I have 20/20 vision!!
in Cornelius, NC |
My experience with Dr. Jaben and the group at TLC was fantastic. Not only did they treat me with respect, consideration, and support. I was terrified about having LASIK however the knowledge and time spent with me throughout the process was personal and outstanding. Dr. Jaben himself took the time to review the process, talk to me, calm me, and personally saw me for my follow up the day after. Thank you for a great experience and the opportunity to see clearly again.
in Harrisburg, NC |
Second cataract surgery Iv had with Dr. Jaben and I feel that he did an excellent job in both procedures. My vision is great and the surgeries went smooth and pain free. If you need eye surgery please consider Dr. Jaben as your surgeon.
in Charlotte, NC |
Worst Eye Doctor I've ever visited. I scheduled an appointment with him to get a second opinion and I told Dr. Jaben what my previous eye doctor told me. He looked at me like I was the dumbest person in the world, gave me a sheet of paper on dry eyes and left. I've never been treated so horribly by a doctor. He didn't even write his own notes, he had someone else do it for him. I would highly suggest not going to this doctor and it baffles me that some people are writing good reviews..
in Charlotte, NC |
This is my second cataract surgery with Dr. Jaben. He explains the procedure and gives you all the facts. The day of surgery is very quick not rushed but in and out quickly. His support staff is excellent and it allows him time to focus on each patient.
in Ft Mill, SC |
Dr. Jaben is wonderful. And everyone associated with his practice was helpful and understanding. I am thankful to have had an excellent experience.
in Charlotte, NC |
My experience with Dr. Jaben dramatically increased my quality of life. I had Visian ICL in both eyes. For the last 20 years, I've had TERRIBLE vision - so bad that I wasn't a Lasik candidate. I went to Dr. Jaben after reading reviews online and had a fantastic experience. Dr. Jaben truly is a master of his craft. Everything was clearly laid out ahead of time and I had a clear set of expectations for timeline, cost, and for what the surgery experience would be like.
in Monroe, NC |
I had left eye lens implant done in early July 2016. It turned out very good. I had the right eye done about a year earlier and it did not turn out as well. With Dr. Jaben's professional procedure there was no pain or soreness and the eye healed exceedingly well.
in Waxhaw, N.C. |
Very Well Pleased.
Rock Hill, SC |
Dr. Jaben is great. He did my implantable contact lenses 8 years ago, and I've been his patient ever since!
in Charlotte, NC |
Excellent experience. Dr. Jaben and his staff are very professional. My vision after cataracts surgery is phenomenal.
in Indian Trail, NC |
Very professional. Explains everything so you can understand.
Charlotte, NC |
Super insightful. They want you to know as much about lasik as they do. Explain why your eyes are a good fit and what your numbers mean compared to average, versus just saying - You're a good candidate!Very helpful in finding coupons and discounts for some of the more pricey eye drops that are needed (insurance said $100, they found a coupon for $50). Involved my husband the day of surgery and allowed him to be as included in the process as possible - even had a viewing window to watch
in Concord, NC |
Dr Jaben preformed my LASIK procedure this past Friday, July 15, 2016! I could tell from the beginning that I was in great hands. He came out before my procedure and explained all the risks/benefits, and made sure that I did not have any questions before hand. During the procedure he talked me through everything that he was doing and made sure I was comfortable. Afterwards he let me know I did great and we took a picture together! I followed up with him the next day and he was just as friendly!
in Norwood, NC |
Dr. Jaben is very informative and gives you all the info you need before and after surgery. He personally has called me more than once to check on me and when I had concerns. He also has an awesome office staff and surgical staff.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben was great throughout my LASIK procedure. He insured I was informed and comfortable the entire way.
in Monroe, NC |
I recommend him most highly. His conscientious professionalism inspires respect, confidence, and loyalty, and he surrounds himself with excellent people. They all go far more than the extra mile in customer service.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben was great. He was kind, attentive, and patient.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben was fantastic when I had my LASIK surgery. He was friendly and kind and had a great bedside manner. He explained everything before and during surgery. I would easily recommend him to anyone looking to have LASIK.
in Matthews NC |
Dr .Jaben did a great job on my cataract surgery .The entire process from start to finish was executed perfectly with no surprises . I would highly recommend this doctor as well as the staff at CMC Union Out Patient Surgery Center .
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben was professional, courteous and had excellent bedside manners. My Lasik surgery was a great success. Dr. Jaben and the TLC staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable with the procedure and post-op care.
in Huntersville, NC |
Excellent experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Jaben and the TLC staff.
in Waxhaw, NC |
Excellent, he is informative claim and personable giving you a feeling of confidence in his ability. A true professional
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben gave me the information helping me to make informed decisions. A positive experience.
in Charlotte, NC |
My personal experience with Dr. Jaben was excellent. I feel very blessed to have been referred to this doctor for my surgeries. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone considering cataract surgery. His knowledge and experience in this field speaks for itself. He is one gifted physician. His staff and facility also compliments his excellent work. He's very reserved in his mannerism but also very caring about his patients. If the ratings were 6 Stars, he would qualify.
in Lake Wylie, SC |
Dr. Jaben is an excellent surgeon! His exam is very thorough. When he told me that my cataracts could be removed at any time, he didn't push me at all to make a decision about whether or not I was ready to have them removed. He simply gave me the facts so that I could make an informed decision. When I told him (a year later) that I was ready, he gave me all the information I needed to decide which lens I wanted to have implanted. I had a very positive experience and would highly recommend him!
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Jaben is and excellent surgeon. He was recommended to me by other eye care specialists and by friends who had used his services. He did a fabulous job with my eyes.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Jaben, MD?

Compare Dr. Jaben

Dr. Jaben's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Jaben has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jaben's Board Certifications

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1982

Emory University

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Jaben does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jaben and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology