Dr. Scott Hodges, DO

Dr. Scott Hodges, DO

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Hodges, DO is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Chattanooga, TN. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

2415 McCallie Ave

Chattanooga, TN 37404

Learn about Dr. Hodges

See how frequently Dr. Hodges performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Fusion
Chronic Neck Pain
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Hodges's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hodges' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hodges "Scott Hodges is a native of North Carolina who came to the Chattanooga area to attend Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, where he received his undergraduate degree in Biology. He went on to graduate Cum Laude from the University of Health Sciences in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Hodges served his Internship at Tulsa Regional Medical Center where he was awarded Intern of the year in 1993. He completed his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Doctor's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Hodges served our country in the United States Air Force, achieving the rank of Major. Then it was back to medicine, and a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at Loyola University of Chicago. He finished his training at Hinsdale Hospital in Illinois. In 1994, Dr. Hodges returned to Chattanooga, setting up his private practice with the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. Dr. Hodges has authored numerous articles for publication, and participated in leading research projects."

This content was provided by Dr. Hodges ""I enjoy so many aspects of my job. But, one of the most rewarding is in conducting research projects that lead to efforts that will accelerate the healing process for the patients we serve." – Dr. Scott Hodges"

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Southern Adventist University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Doctors Hosp-Ohio State University Coll Med
  • Loyola University Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hodges has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hodges does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hodges and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hodges' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hodges to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hodges Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback as our goal is to provide the best in patient care.

Dr. Hodges' Performance
in Cleveland, Tn |
Dr. Hodges is a miracle worker!
in Apison, TN |
Very knowledgeable and skillfull with procedures. Does a thorough examination and provides a comprehensive explanation. Is research oriented and innovative in developing and implementing procedures allowing for optimal patient outcomes.
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Hodges was very pleasant, professional and knowledgeable.
New York, NY |
My experience with Dr. Hodges has always been first class through and through. From pre-surgery evaluation, to the operation itself, and post-op monitoring, Dr. Hodges is always extremely informative, attentive, and reassuring through what can be a nerve-racking experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Hodges to anyone in need of spinal care!
Excellent care. Excellent doctor. He was able to diagnose me when several other doctors were not able to. I appreciate his care and attentiveness. Very knowledgeable doctor. I would recommend to others.
Brooklyn, NY |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctors office. In my opinion, Dr. Hodges is the best doctor that I know of and definitely the most knowledgeable about his area of expertise. I will definitely be back for any future needs
Dr. Hodges was so patient and did everything possible to help me feel comfortable. I am pleased with all of the people that I met while under Dr. Hodges care. The doctor was very busy but did everything possible to make me feel like I was the only patient there. I am very satisfied with my care at this doctor's office.
Dr. Hodges is an excellent surgeon. His knowledge of spine is endless and there is no one else I would trust more when it comes to my mobility. Any appointment I have had with him has been great. Dr. Hodges and his staff could not be better. It was good to be treated with professionalism and care.
The most kind and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever come across. There is truly no one else I would recommend when it comes to spine. He was able to identify and explain my medical condition to me in a way that truly resonated with me and in a way that no other doctor had done before.
Chattanooga, TN |
Very kind and goes above and beyond! He exceeds any expectations you have for any doctor. He is great at what he does and wants to see his patients get back to the best health they can be. Great bedside manner and answers all questions you have and makes sure you understand everything. He’s terrific and I would never go to another spine surgeon for my health issues regarding my spine.
in Nashville, Tennessee |
Dr Hodges performed a surgical procedure on my spine and I can now walk with zero pain. He has changed my life! I highly recommend Dr Hodges. He is the finest spine surgeon around.
in Asheville, NC |
As physician visit I have ever had concerning my back. Surgery give me the best outcome I could hope for.. Always Kind and courteous.
in Hillsdale, MI |
Dr. Hodges performed a disc replacement surgery on me and I only have positive things to say about him. He is an excellent surgeon w/ fantastic bedside manner. He is caring, attentive, and positive. He did not rush me when I needed to ask questions and was an active listener. Post surgery, he has been extremely accessible when I needed some concerns addressed. I could not have been happier with my experience.
Hixson, TN |
A more compassionate physician is not to be found.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Hodges is kind, thorough and took the time to explain my back issues and suggest solutions. I highly recommend him. Susan
in Cleveland , Tenn |
Straight forward in his approach to your problem. He does not leave you guessing.
in Cleveland TN |
Dr Hodges is exceptionally kind, courteous, and caring and professional. I am well pleased with him and all the staff at Center for Sports Medicine. I would certain recommend him to anyone.
in Dayton, TN |
He is an amazing doctor! I will always recommend him to everyone with back or neck issues. I had a total disc replacement the beginning of this month. I woke up and was 100% better. I could not have had a better surgeon. His staff is just as compassionate and caring as he is.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr Hodges's treatment gave me relief from huge pain. I was on sevior pain and it was unbearable. I would strongly recommend Dr Hodges's for back pain treatment.
Soddy Daisy |
I was in extreme pain from 3 herniated discs and Dr. Hodges did surgery the next day and the pain is gone.
in Chattanooga TN |
We met with Dr Hodges's yesterday. He spent 30 minutes with us explaining the severity of my husbands spinal condition. He showed a lot of compassion for his health and answered all of our questions without rushing us. He has a CT scan and then surgery within a week. Very thankful we chose Dr Hodges's.
in Dunlap, TN 37327 |
Dr. Hodges is one of the best orthopeadic doctors around he is consiterd and honest person that i have ever delt with. he really wonts to make sure that his patients get well he go out of his way to help them. i would recommend him to anybody that needs back surgery.he as done so for my husband and i. i do believe he saved my husband life .could not ash for a better doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
in Cleveland, TN |
Did surgery on my back and when I continued to have back and hip pain he said I needed neck surgery. He did a 3 disk fusion on my neck and the pain in my back and leg is worse. The only thing the surgeries have done is taken away much of my mobility and range of motion. Pain is worse than before surgery. He will not touch me again.
We value all feedback and appreciate you taking the time to review us.
in Harrison Tn |
When first meeting Dr. Hodges,he took the time to listen and address my concerns.....and after seeing my X-ray took all steps to get me admitted and surgery done asap as soon as mri came back ...Dr Hodges made a bad situation better and he would be my first choice.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Brent.
in Cleveland TN |
Dr Hodges has performed three surgeries on me. Two on my lower back and the most recent on my neck. Anyone who has back problems will receive excellent care from and his staff from beginning to end. I have recommended him to three family members whom he has helped in making their lives better with the surgery he did. His office staff and PAs are welcoming, helpful and ready to answer any questions a patient may have. I highly recommend Dr. Hodges as a physician and surgeon.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Dianne.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Hodges, DO?

Visit Dr. Hodges