Dr. Scott Hacking, MD

Dr. Scott Hacking, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Scott Hacking, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Hacking is affiliated with St. Mark's Hospital and Timpanogos Regional Hospital.

Heart Center

1160 E 3900 S Ste 2000

Salt Lake City, UT 84124

• AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Conseco
  • CoreSource
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • EBMS
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Hacking

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence in cardiovascular treatment is our goal. We provide a full range of services and have highly trained, knowledgeable staff who have been together for some twenty years plus. We look forward to partnering with you for your healthcare.

Video

Dr. Hacking's Experience

Dr. Hacking's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

• Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Arterial Doppler Ultrasound
  • Cardiac Angiography
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Surgery
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Ultrasound, Abdominal Aortic
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Venous Doppler (Legs and Arms)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Vermont College Of Medicine Burlington Vt
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of Rochester School Of Medicine and Dentistry Rochester Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hacking has no media or publications listed.

• Laotian

Dr. Hacking does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hacking and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Mark's Hospital

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures

View Ratings

Dr. Hacking's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hacking to family and friends
Dr. Hacking's Performance
in Oakley, UT |
I have been more than satisfied and trust Dr. Hacking with all my heart issues. I believe he is my best advocate and monitors my conditions with extreme care and expert judgement. He is on top of my care and has demonstrated that to me for the past 6 years. Dr. Hacking is approachable, he listens, he's friendly and explains my issues in an understandable manner. I look forward to every visit. I couldn't be more pleased with my treatment from Dr. Hacking.
in Holladay, Utah |
Having Dr. Hacking as my cardiologist truly changed my life. I am so grateful for his help and patience with me. I have 110+% confidence in him and recommend him and the St. Mark's Heart Center over all other centers in the area! I always leave his office knowing I am getting excellent care.
in Pagosa Springs, CO |
I live in Colorado and traveled to Salt Lake City Utah to meet with Dr. Hacking. I am grateful that Dr. ;Hacking finally identified a heart valve condition that was resolved with open heart surgery. Prior to treatment with Dr. Hacking my Afib condition was a source of frustration and being treated primarily with medications. At 77 years of age, my post surgery physical functioning continues to improve.
San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Hacking is a great Cardiologist. He listens to your issues and answers all your questions. He is very active in the treatment of his patients and treats you like an individual and not just some number on a paper. He works with you to make sure you are getting the best treatment available to you. Dr. Hacking is very personable and has a great bedside matter as well. I could not ask for a better Cardiologist to treat my heart condition..
in Tooele Utah |
Dr Hacking has done an excellent job in taking care of my heart problems. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Moab, UT |
I received excellent service and care from Dr. Hacking. He was friendly, personable and very professional. I have been seeing him for four years and highly recommend him.
Sandy, UT |
Dr. Hacking is a hard working, thorough, and dedicated to his patients. He explains procedures and results and lab work tests in terms a patient can understand. He always asks if you have more questions and encourages healthy life style choices. I think he is terrific and I am grateful he is my Dr.
in West Jordan, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Hacking for about ten years. Recently, my insurance changed and he is out of network for me. I will pay the extra fee to keep him as my doctor. He is absolutely the best doctor that I have ever had. He takes time to make your visit a wonderful experience. He is knowledgeable, kind and thorough. I highly recommend Dr. Hacking.
Sandy, UT |
I have a great deal of admiration and gratitude for Dr. Hacking and his professionalism.
in Herriman, UT |
Excellent cardiac care from a physician I trust. Always open to discuss any concerns, to review medications, and suggest possible lifestyle changes for a healthy heart. Highly recommend without reservation.
in Draper, UT |
The best Doctor I have ever had. He explains very complicated issues in an easy to understand way. He help you understand the reason for and why life style changes will benefit your health. He delivers bad news in a very caring manner. Great caring doctor.
in Draper, UT |
I have complete faith in Dr. Hacking! He is always very professional, thorough, personable, and knowledgeable! He takes the time to listen and treats you like a friend. Any tests deemed necessary are quickly arranged for, and Dr. Hacking carefully explains the results so that any questions are answered.
in South Jordan, UT |
Dr. Hacking is extremely competent. Visiting with him is always reassuring because I know he will do everything possible to treat my condition and then he tells me exactly what he thinks we should do and lets me decide what options I would like to undertake. He is very personable and spends the time necessary to answer questions. With Dr. Hacking as my cardiologist I know that I am in the best possible hands.
in Vernal, UT |
I have been to several cardiologists over the last 23 years; most were good, Dr Hacking is EXCELLENT!! He always has the time to explain his diagnosis as well as always answering my questions in a manner that I can understand. His bedside manner is the best I have dealt with. FYI- I'm not a novice; I have had 3 open-heart procedures over the last 22+ years.
in Sandy, UT |
I first met Dr. Hacking when a family member hospitalized with some heart problems. He was very reassuring making the patient confident that best practices were being used. His quick attention to diagnostics resulted in the right procedure being done and recovery was as expected. When I started realizing I needed to check-in with a cardiologist, he was the first one that came to mind. I have been very please with the care I have received. He is always friendly. I highly recommend him.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I have seen Dr Hacking two times plus once for a procedure. He is thorough in his exam, explaining Everything he is doing and why. He is very personable and complete in his examination.
Salt Lake City, UT |
He tells you things in English and draws pictures so you can understand the problem your body (heart) is doing. He gives you motivation in hoping that things can work out for you.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hacking has been my cardiologist for many years. I have been impressed with his ability to answer my questions. I track my health conditions closely because I have several interactive health conditions. That includes online searches to get the best answers I can find and then discuss what I have found with Dr. Hacking. He almost always has an answer; it includes the relationships among factors. He then gives me the options with pros and cons and allows me to make the decision.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hacking is an exceptional doctor. My situation a couple of months ago was very, very serious. I was admitted to St. Mark's Hospital the afternoon of an appointment with Dr. Hacking. He assessed the situation, planned and implemented medications that within a few days had brought to a much better state. He visited my hospital room several times a day--even in the evenings as he was preparing to return home. I am very grateful for Dr. Hacking and highly recommend him.
in Salt Lake city |
Dr. Hacking listens. He hears what is said and not said. He is kind. He is a healer.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hacking is the best Dr. I have ever seen . He listens to me and explains to me in terms I can understand. He is the best wish he could treat me for everything.
in Sandy, UT |
911 to St. Marks Hospital, A-Fib/Heart Failure, Dr. Hacking was on call, received excellent/knowledgeable treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Hacking, MD?
Are you Dr. Hacking?

Visit Dr. Hacking

Dr. Hacking accepts 38 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Conseco
  • CoreSource
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • EBMS
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Utah
  • Inter Valley Health Plan
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • North America Administrators (NAA)
  • PEHP