Dr. Scott Gering, MD

Dr. Scott Gering, MD

General Surgery | Male

Advanced Desert Surgical Assoc 39000 Bob Hope Dr Ste K403 Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 Get Directions

Dr. Scott Gering, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Rancho Mirage, CA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Gering is affiliated with Eisenhower Medical Center.

Dr. Gering's Experience

See how Dr. Gering's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gering

Dr. Gering accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gering has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gering's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gering to family and friends
Dr. Gering's Performance
in Cathedral City, CA |
After two surgeries to repair a ventral hernia, Dr. Gering operated on me the third time. Unlike the first two procedures, which were very painful and unsuccessful, I had to take no additional medication for pain, could get up and walk, use the rest room, and ambulate without any difficulty. A week after the surgery, I’m on a regular diet, can drive anywhere and on my way to complete recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Gering without any reservation. Dr. Jaime Carlo-Casellas
in La Quinta, CA |
An excellent surgeon in latest, least invasive technology who explores & offers all options before recommending surgery as solution. Dr. Gering is extremely competent, ,approachable, friendly, has a pleasant sense of humor, and succinctly sums up your situation. He is diligent about seeing you in hospital post surgery. I would recommend him without a moment's hesitation. Thank you Dr. Gering for my little incisions and for hanging in there with me post-surgery too! Mindy S. Rose
in La Quinta ca |
I HOPE DR. GERING SEE'S THIS. HI, MY NAME IS DAWN LENTINE AND LAST YEAR I HAD STAGE THREE RECTAL CANCER.DR. GERING WAS MY SURGEON. HE IS VERY KIND CARING AND PROFESSIONAL. I FEEL IM ALIVE TODAY BECAUSE OF HIM AND I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM 100%. LAST MONTH I THOUGHT MY CANCER WAS BACK AND WAS HAVING ALOT OF PAIN SO THEY PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL I WAS THERE LESS THAN 10 HOURS AND HE CAME TO SEE ME. HE DIDN'T EVEN QUESTION MY FEARS AND SCHEDULED A BIOPSY FOR THE NEXT DAY.HE'S TERRIFIC!!!
in San Bernardino, CA |
Dr Gering is a wonderful doctor. He listened to my concerns and had no problem keeping me one more day due to the concerns I had. I am in the medical field, and he was highly recommended by my fellow colleagues. I, in turn, would also recommend him to my family and friends
in Palm Desert, CA |
On time always. He never seems to be in a hurry. Staff is great. Win Win Thank you Dr Gering and staff.
in Rancho Mirage, CA |
I have a lot of respect and admiration for Dr. Gering. I was scared and nervous meeting him for the first time but he carefully described my situation and the consequences in a way that was not intimidating. I found him to be very observant and caring. I also believe his background in the military gives him an advantage over other surgeons. There is a wait to see him but I like to think that he is giving his patients his full attention. I highly recommend him.
in Leominster, MA |
Dr. Gering knows his stuff. He is all business, not a touchy feely guy. He is very caring and gives one the sense of trust in his abilities to get the job done right.
in Palm Desert, CA |
I saw Dr Gering after having issues with a blockage from gall stones. While waiting to see him the blockage passed. At my first appointment with him I asked him if there was a test we could do to see where we are now since the blockage had passed. He told me he would not waste an expensive test. He wanted to do surgery on me without ever seeing anything in regards to my intestinal tract. I was not very comfortable with his approach so I declined. I was not very impressed with him.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Gering, MD?
Are you Dr. Gering?

Compare Dr. Gering

Dr. Gering's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Gering has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gering's Board Certifications

Brooke Army Med Center

Completed in 2000

University Tex Health Science Center

Completed in 2001

Dr. Gering does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gering and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance