Dr. Scott Frank, DDS

Dr. Scott Frank, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |

Dr. Scott Frank received his undergraduate education at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from Northwestern University in 1987. Dr. Frank was selected from numerous applicants by the American Cancer Society to participate in a head and neck cancer externship at the University of Chicago Hospital. He then completed an intensive residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. This program placed a strong emphasis on dentoalveolar surgery (including the excision of wisdom teeth, extractions, bone and tissue grafts, infections, pathology, and trauma and anesthesia techniques). Dr. Frank's specialized interests include hard and soft tissue reconstructive surgery, regenerative bone grafting, sinus bone grafting for the placement of dental implants, smile enhancement techniques, and the removal of teeth and wisdom teeth. Dr. Frank served as a surgeon of a prominent dental implant team specializing in the Refresh Smile (All-On-4) technique. He has performed almost 1,000 Refresh Smile procedures. Since his training, he has focused much of his attention on educating dentists on dental implant restorative techniques and the Refresh Smile (All-On-4) procedure. Dr. Frank has been performing Refresh Smile in our office and enjoys being able to help patients change their lives! With nearly 30 years of experience in his field, Dr. Frank has earned an elite designation amongst his peers and patients. Dr. Frank has been loyal to his home state of Illinois, only leaving for his residency in Washington, D.C. and coming back directly afterward to form his own practice.

North Shore Oral & Maxilofacial Surgery

• Golden Rule
  • HealthLink
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Frank

This content was provided by Dr. Frank "We go out of our way to create a pleasant, warm and caring environment so you can feel confident about your surgery results. With 20 years experience as a successful oral surgeon, I have learned no one looks forward to surgery, which is why I am equally committed to your health and your peace of mind. From your initial consultation to your post-op exam, I will walk you through every step."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Soft Tissue Surgery
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign
  • howard university hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Chicago-Externship Head & Neck Cancer
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. Frank has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Frank has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Frank does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frank and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Frank's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frank to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Frank's Performance
I had the best possible experience. Thank you!
Dr. Frank's office is pleasant and everyone is friendly. I would recommend him anytime. They are very thorough and explain everything to you.
Dr Frank was able to remove a stubborn baby tooth and reach an adult tooth that was not growing in. Great job!
I have in itself anxiety issues. So needless to say when I needed to have my last wisdom tooth extracted I was freaking out a bit. After some minor bumps with insurance and getting the info on who pays what. The extraction went smoothly and seems to be healing properly. I do reccomend Dr. Frank for all your oral surgery needs.
I was terrified at the thought of having a tooth extracted and having an implant placed...for no reason. I had an amazing experience...no pain! Relieved that my procedure is over but if you need to have a surgical procedure Dr. Frank is the doctor to see! Don't waste your time being a nervous wreck, you'll be very well taken care of at his office. He also has an amazing staff that goes above and beyond to make sure your visit goes smoothly.
nice staff, good care
Dr. Frank and his staff make dental work painless and successful Wonderful professionals that provide excellent long-term results. I highly recommend the practice.
and caring
Dr. Frank is honest and doesn't push you into having a surgery. He is mindful and very educated. My favorite doctor to see!! Love the office staff as well!!!
ive always had a fear of dental work. From the moment i walked through the door, the staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. This experience showed me there is no reason to have the anxiety ive always had in dentist's Many thanks to Dr. Frank and staff!
I'd definitely recommend to my friends!
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. Scott him self is nice and friendly. His staff on the other hand is rude and non- accommodating. Bottom line is all this office cares about is money. That's very sad. Will never go back and would not recommend this office to anyone.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Both of my sons had their impacted wisdom teeth surgery done by Dr Frank. Their office staff was accomendating to our schedules and was an absolute pleasure to talk to. I would highly recommend Dr Frank. He answered all of or questions and both boys had six cussed IL surgeries.
Lake Zurich, IL |
Waited for a consultation 70 min and then brought into a lavish office where a medical assistant who had all our information asked us questions to stall before seeing Dr. Frank. The X-rays were not there from the referring office and despite the referring DDS speaking with Dr. FRank personally the week before nothing was in the records. We were given a Starbucks gift card for the wait inconvenience and left alone. We called another provider and left. We will NOT be back
Lake Zurich, IL |
Doctor is good, the surgery was done very well and there was very minimal pain the next day onwards. The office staff, however, is not as efficient. Our first appointment was for CT scan. I had called that day to confirm the appt since it was our first time. However, on reaching there they mentioned the machine was broken, something they should have told me when I called. Just a shrug, no apologies. They took a long time to provide insurance details. I hope not to have to work with them again.
in Inverness, Il |
I found Dr. Frank knowledgeable, professional, open to answering questions, and informative. The office staff is friendly, efficient, well informed and accommodating. Many scans were taken of my jaw to make sure the procedure would give me the best outcome. Everything went as planned. I have healed well and look forward to having a crown put in place. Thank you Dr. Frank!
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
I've been to Dr. Frank twice---the first time to have a wisdom tooth pulled and today to have another tooth pulled and an implant put in. From discussions about cost, explanation of treatment, to the procedures themselves, the care was excellent. Today's extraction was more difficult than my wisdom tooth, but I was treated with care throughout the whole surgery. Dr. Frank explained everything he was doing, and I felt like the center of attention the whole time I was there. VERY pleased!
in Lake Zurich, IL |
My son was here for his wisdom teeth extraction and from the start the staff at North Shore Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery were friendly and courteous. Dr Frank, his assistants Lela and Alex explained the process and reviewed any issues with knowledge, skill, and professionalism. The receptionists were so helpful in checking and ensuring all insurance details and payments were scheduled and processed on our behalf. They provided all the post-procedure healing aids so that he was comfortable
in Vernon Hills, IL |
Dr. Frank is very compassionate, knowledgeable, and professional. His staff is outstanding. I highly recommend his office!
Have you seen Dr. Scott Frank, DDS?

Visit Dr. Frank