Dr. Scott Faulkner, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

504 Perry St Castle Rock, CO 80104 Get Directions
Dr. Scott Faulkner, MD
Was was born in Loma Linda, California and my parents moved us to Fort Collins in 1968. We moved quite often and I knew every kid from one end of town to the other. I graduated from Poudre High School in 1984. I then did my undergraduate studies at the University of Northern Colorado. From there I attended the American University of the Caribbean in Plymouth, Montserrat. I then did my residency in Internal Medicine at Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I had volunteered for the US Air Force during my residency, and I went on active duty immediately after completion of my residency. I served as the Chief of the Internal Medicine/ Cardiopulmonary element at MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida. One of my claims to fame is that Storming' Norman Schwartzkopf, was my patient. After separating from the Air Force, I returned to Colorado with my wife and kids. We settled in Fort Morgan where we had a private practice for 8 years. During that time, I was the Chief of Staff at Colorado Plains Medical Center. After the Affordable Care Act passed congress, we sold the practice to Banner Health and worked for them for the next three years. I then struck out on my own for the next 5 years working as a hospitalist at various hospitals around Colorado. I still work at the VA in Grand Junction to give a little something back to the veterans who gave so much so that we can enjoy being free. Traveling to several different hospitals has been very gratifying but now I want to be at home with my wife and kids and take care of a select group of patients in the Douglas county region. I would also like to help out more at our church. I feel like the Lord has given me a gift and that I am to share it. I can't take care of everyone, but I will give my very best to those who entrust their healthcare to me.

Dr. Faulkner's Care Philosophy

I desire to spend quality time with my patients. I enjoy taking the time to engage in conversation and understand my patients likes, dislikes and what they hope to achieve from our time together. I have grown tired of practicing medicine according to the corporate model of efficiency where you only get to spend 5 minutes with a patient and then have to move on to the next room because a bureaucrat thinks that that is the best way to maximize profits. I have opened a concierge internal medicine practice where I can spend as much time with my patients as they need. We will sit down together after I have made you a cup of coffee or offered you a bottle of water and discuss what you would like without the pressure of time. When you call, you actually get my cell phone. You won't have to go through a receptionist or a nurse just to be told that you can be seen in a week. I value your time and will work around your schedule. Please give me a call if you want to be treated like a VIP.

Dr. Faulkner's Experience

See how Dr. Faulkner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Faulkner

Dr. Faulkner is now accepting new patients
VIP Healthcare504 Perry St
Castle Rock, CO 80104
(970) 768-6454Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Faulkner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Faulkner's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Faulkner?

Compare Dr. Faulkner

Dr. Faulkner says...

Dr. Faulkner's Care Philosophy

I desire to spend quality time with my patients. I enjoy taking the time to engage in conversation and understand my patients likes, dislikes and what they hope to achieve from our time together.  I have grown tired of practicing medicine according to the corporate model of efficiency where you only get to spend 5 minutes with a patient and then have to move on to the next room because a bureaucrat thinks that that is the best way to maximize profits.

I value your time and will work around your schedule.

Please give me a call if you want to be treated like a VIP.

Dr. Faulkner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Sanctions found

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Sanction

Dr. Faulkner has received 1 sanction

• Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (11/15/2013)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Colorado

Why It Matters: Dr. Faulkner's Board Certifications

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Berkshire Medical Center

Completed in 1999

University of Northern Colorado

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Faulkner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Faulkner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Faulkner does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Faulkner and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.