Dr. Scott Farmer, MD

Dr. Scott Farmer, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Central Florida Psych Assocs 2802 Aloma Ave Ste 200 Winter Park, FL 32792 Get Directions

My mission is to provide compassionate, evidence-based medical care to my patients. I will achieve this goal by listening to the expressed concerns of my patient, reading all available printed and online information provided to me. I will then clarify any questions I have through specific exploration of the issue. I will bring the full value of my experience and training to inform and guide my selection of an effective treatment. I will enlist my patient in the shared enterprise of improving their mental health. Together, we can amplify the power of mental health care to improve quality of life! We will do this by encouraging full disclosure about medication compliance and distancing oneself from dangerous influences: substances, risk taking behaviors and negative people.

Dr. Scott Farmer, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 62 years old.

Dr. Farmer's Experience

See how Dr. Farmer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Farmer

Dr. Farmer's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in winter park |
The very best psychiatrist I have ever met in 20 years. Don't hesitate to seek his help. Extremely helpful, intelligent, caring, and respectful.
Winter Park, FL |
Thank you Dr Farmer for treating me with like a person. In the past, I was the next patient in line to receive a hand full of prescriptions by a psychiatrists that didn't care enough to listen if the medications were helping me. Your staff is amazing as well. I've dealt with some not so friendly "gatekeepers" with the compassion of a rock.
Winter Park, FL |
Outstanding Doctor of Psychiatry. Excellent staff backing him up.
Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Farmer and staff continue to treat me with respect and dignity. They do not give up. The doctor is the best and I've been sick for a long time.
in Winter Park, FL |
Thank you Dr. Farmer for helping me with all of my many conditions. I know that further action is required and one day it will be possible. Until then, I will continue to take my medication as prescribed and not give up. Thank your staff for me, they are so sweet to me and know me when I call and when I walk in. I believe you all care so much and for someone that has no one, that means the world.
in Winter Park, FL |
Dr. Farmer has been by my side for over 3 years during my struggle with bipolar disorder ADHD PTSD and several other issues. He refuses to give up on me even when I give up on myself. I had problems with a therapist that I had been seeing for 3 years and he knew just who to recommend. He knew what was best for me and for that I am grateful. Dr. Farmer's staff treat me with kindness and care when I need it the most. I would recommend Dr. Farmer, the therapist here and the staff to anyone.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. farmer prescribed my adult daughter, who has a history of Biploar Disorder and heroin addiction Adderall and Xanax, in addition to Subutex. I am not sure the reason or science behind this combination but she's had overdosed, had seizures and is now also Xanax addicted. She also has uncontrolled manic episodes and depression in which she is unable to care for herself. For those with dual diagnosis, please think twice about seeing this doctor. The do no harm ethicis do not apply.
in Las Vegas, Nv |
An excellent physician. Caring, intelligent and friendly.
in Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Farmer is a great listener and will medicate you as needed. When it comes to any therapies, not sure if he is your man or not. As for the wait time, he is always behind or he is double booking. You will wait at least 1.5 hours beyond your scheduled appointment. I find this extremely rude!
in Winter Park |
I've seen Dr. Farmer for many years and he's the only doctor I trust completely with my care. He works with me as a partner, and solicits my opinions, and suggestions for my treatment. He always takes exactly the amount of time you need at an appointment ensuring all issues are addressed and has consistently gone above and beyond to ensure my treatment is appropriate and covered by my insurance.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Farmer is absolutely awesome and caring for our son. However, be prepared to have a very very long wait for an appointment. I've waited up to 5 hours after arriving to actually get to see him. If you want an excellent doc, just prepared to have lots of patience waiting to see him.
in Orlando, FL |
He is a really great, caring, empathetic doctor, but man does he need to do something about the wait times to see him. It's ridiculous bordering on abusive. If it wasn't so difficult to find a psychiatrist that is accepting new patients, I'd look for another doctor.
in Orlando, FL |
I think the doc is a good listener and he evaluates thoroughly. However, getting an appointment and the wait times are very bad. Many people including myself has sat there as much as four hours. It averages 2 for me mostly. He needs more entertainment in the waiting room. Or at least more comfortable chairs.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Farmer... Smart guy, who is in way over his head. I'm not sure what kind of logic is used when it comes to scheduling his patients, but he is one guy & has several patients scheduled at one time. This leads to patients waiting 3-4 hours, to simply have prescriptions refilled. The office staff is ruthless. They are dishonest, and have no consideration for their discepancies that cause miscommunication & missed appointments. I'd try another psychiatrist who is more considerate of time.
in Mount Dora, FL |
My son was a patient of Dr. Farmer. I accompanied my son on 2 different occasions. Office staff is difficult to deal with. Long wait times. 2 hours plus. We adopted our adult son who aged out of the foster care system at 18. We have experienced many doctors and mental health facilities over the last 5 years, including Duke Medical Center in NC. Dr. Farmer's staff and Dr. Farmer have demonstrated their lack of empathy and professionalism. Would not recommend this practice.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Farmer is always late to appointments. I have waited as long as two hours and as little as one hour. It is frustrating to watch his office mates come and get several patients as you sit and wait. When I see him, he simply asks if my meds are working, and if I am lucky he remembers that I need bloodwork every three months. It's like the wal mart of mental health care.
in Sanford |
Dr Farmer is great. BUT wait is always 1 to 4 hpurs. Staff is disinterested, and not cusomer service oriented at all.
in Oviedo, FL |
He is great, but his office staff is rude and disorganized and his wait times is anywhere from 1-4 hours
Have you seen Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Farmer?

Compare Dr. Farmer

}

Dr. Farmer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Farmer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Farmer has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Farmer's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bipolar I Disorder
  • Bipolar II Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Brain Injury
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

University of California At Los Angeles
  • Other Education
    University of Central Florida

Completed in 2009

Dr. Farmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Farmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry