Dr. Scott Farmer, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Farmer

Central Florida Psych Assocs

2802 Aloma Ave Ste 200 Winter Park, FL 32792

Dr. Scott Farmer, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Winter Park, FL. He graduated from University Of The East, Rmmmc and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Farmer accepts

Dr. Farmer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Farmer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Farmer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Farmer performs Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) more than 90% of his peers

Dr. Farmer performs this procedure more than 90% of his peers

Anxiety

Dr. Farmer treats Anxiety more than 68% of his peers

Dr. Farmer treats this condition more than 68% of his peers

Dr. Farmer's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bipolar I Disorder
  • Bipolar II Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Brain Injury
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Generalized Anxiety Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizoid Personality Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Substance Abuse
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

My mission is to provide compassionate, evidence-based medical care to my patients. I will achieve this goal by listening to the expressed concerns of my patient, reading all available printed and online information provided to me. I will then clarif...

• Psychiatry

3.6

Dr. Farmer?
Dr. Farmer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Scott Farmer, MD
Dr. Farmer was running much less behind as his schedule has come better adjusted over the last 6 months. I have multiple conditions that require a psychopharmacologic approach to treatment and we discussed my current arangements of medications and had a discussion about the things my therapist and I have been trying to work on. He was very supportive and validated everything my therapist has been telling me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
His staff are not good at their job. They don’t know how to schedule patients. I’ve called and asked for a call back from Dr. Farmer for over a year. I’m sure he never got the message because he is a very caring and intelligent man. It is impossible to get a hold of him. Dr. Farmer is an excellent psychologist,. It is too bad he doesn’t have a more professional and friendly staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Farmer for over 5 years. I love him. Yes, you have to wait to see him, but its well worth the wait. He is the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
My girlfriend has been in the office for 5 and a half hours for an appointment scheduled at 8am and still has 3 patients ahead of her. How is this okay? Seriously buy a bigger office, hire more doctors, rent them offices and patient rooms, and give them some of your patients. I have 1 day off a week and damn would I love to spend it with her too bad she is waiting in the office in a room full of people who stink and annoy her. Be very happy a patient can't charge a late fee or he would be broke.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Love this guy he is great
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Farmer. He takes his time with his patients and fully understands them in many ways. Request Dr Scott Farmer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Dr. Scott Farmer is an excellent psychiatrist. He is friendly, caring and very good at figuring out how best to help you. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
I love Dr. Farmer. He is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and their needs; however, he schedules his patients in 15 minute increments - thus, what should be a 15 minute appointment then turns into an hour...and I have waited nearly FIVE hours before to see him. The office staff has gotten better, but if you are even 5 minutes late, you are charged a $50 fee...when they are late EVERY time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
An excellent psychiatrist. Very caring. A nice person as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
The very best psychiatrist I have ever met in 20 years. Don't hesitate to seek his help. Extremely helpful, intelligent, caring, and respectful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Thank you Dr Farmer for treating me with like a person. In the past, I was the next patient in line to receive a hand full of prescriptions by a psychiatrists that didn't care enough to listen if the medications were helping me. Your staff is amazing as well. I've dealt with some not so friendly "gatekeepers" with the compassion of a rock.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Outstanding Doctor of Psychiatry. Excellent staff backing him up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Dr. Farmer and staff continue to treat me with respect and dignity. They do not give up. The doctor is the best and I've been sick for a long time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Thank you Dr. Farmer for helping me with all of my many conditions. I know that further action is required and one day it will be possible. Until then, I will continue to take my medication as prescribed and not give up. Thank your staff for me, they are so sweet to me and know me when I call and when I walk in. I believe you all care so much and for someone that has no one, that means the world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Dr. farmer prescribed my adult daughter, who has a history of Biploar Disorder and heroin addiction Adderall and Xanax, in addition to Subutex. I am not sure the reason or science behind this combination but she's had overdosed, had seizures and is now also Xanax addicted. She also has uncontrolled manic episodes and depression in which she is unable to care for herself. For those with dual diagnosis, please think twice about seeing this doctor. The do no harm ethicis do not apply.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
An excellent physician. Caring, intelligent and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Dr. Farmer is a great listener and will medicate you as needed. When it comes to any therapies, not sure if he is your man or not. As for the wait time, he is always behind or he is double booking. You will wait at least 1.5 hours beyond your scheduled appointment. I find this extremely rude!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
Dr Farmer is absolutely awesome and caring for our son. However, be prepared to have a very very long wait for an appointment. I've waited up to 5 hours after arriving to actually get to see him. If you want an excellent doc, just prepared to have lots of patience waiting to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
He is a really great, caring, empathetic doctor, but man does he need to do something about the wait times to see him. It's ridiculous bordering on abusive. If it wasn't so difficult to find a psychiatrist that is accepting new patients, I'd look for another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Farmer, MD?
I think the doc is a good listener and he evaluates thoroughly. However, getting an appointment and the wait times are very bad. Many people including myself has sat there as much as four hours. It averages 2 for me mostly. He needs more entertainment in the waiting room. Or at least more comfortable chairs.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Farmer?