Dr. Scott Elkin, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 69

Dr. Elkin

Psychologist - Austin, Texas

3705 Medical Pkwy Ste 450 Austin, TX 78705

Dr. Scott Elkin, DO is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 45 years. He graduated from Michigan State University / College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1975 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Elkin accepts

Dr. Elkin accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Elkin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Elkin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Elkin

4.1

Dr. Elkin?
Dr. Elkin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Scott Elkin, DO
Dr. Scott Elkin played a major role in getting my life going in an excellent direction. He started off with helping me with treatment for anxiety. A couple years later I suffered from a brain injury. He stepped in and became the “director of the show” to make sure that I got the best care possible, when I wasn’t able to care for myself. I’m not sure how I would of gotten through that time in my life without him. He knows how to talk about heavy conversations in a calm, light hearted manner. He makes excellent analogies, that make even the most complicated things very easy to understand. He is not only a great psychiatrist, but also an amazing human that cares deeply about his patients. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better medical professional to be on my side. Thank you for everything that you do!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?
Dr. Elkin and his PA, Katie Martin, do not care about their customers (yes I said customers not patients). My first appointment (which was booked a month out) was never put into their calendar system. These things happen, so I booked another appointment (booked a month out again). One day prior to my appointment, a front desk clerk emailed to let me know Katie would be out of the office. She didn’t apologize and said the next available appointment is available next month. Ok fine, it happens, I need medication and it’s hard to find psychiatrists in Austin so I took the appointment. First appointment: Katie was 20 minutes late to my appointment. She was unfriendly and had horrible bedside manner (eating during the appointment, unfriendly, not welcoming). Furthermore, her clinical skills were poor (I am also in the psychology field) and she did not investigate my family history thoroughly or perform a risk assessment for my specific symptoms. Whatever, I just need a prescription for an
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?
Dr Elkin was very patient and thorough with my daughter. He listened intently and paraphrased back to her to make sure he understood what she was saying. Dr Elkin took much time to make sure that he gave her an accurate diagnosis. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?
I've not ever seen Dr. Elkin before, but rather his nurse practitioners. All 3 that I saw have now left the practice... each time, I was informed of this THE DAY BEFORE my appointment! Furthermore, I have been contacted by the office requesting payment for previous appointments, which were already paid for (and my bank statements can confirm this.) I've not ever met Dr. Elkin, but given that everyone that works under him has left, this speaks volumes about how he treats others. Awful practice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?
Dr. Elkin is thoughtful, intuitive and caring. His ideas for resolving problems are always tailored specifically to the nature of the patient's individual needs and characteristics. He is a remarkably capable and skilled physician. We are fortunate to be in his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?
Called doctor's office to try to set up an urgent appointment as a new patient. Office staff referred me to website to apply as a new patient. Web site required my credit card number and phone number to complete application. Completed application. Did not receive response within the hour. Contacted office again. Office personnel informed me that it would take two days to two weeks for the review of my application before I could even schedule an appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Scott Elkin, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Elkin?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry