Dr. Scott Cooper, MD

Neurology | Male

Northside Neurology 1400 Northside Forsyth Dr Ste 250 Cumming, GA 30041 Get Directions
Dr. Scott Cooper, MD
Dr. Scott Cooper, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Cumming, GA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Cooper is affiliated with Northside Hospital - Forsyth and Northside Hospital Cherokee.

Dr. Cooper's Care Philosophy

Dedicated to caring.

Dr. Cooper's Experience

See how Dr. Cooper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cooper

Dr. Cooper accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Cooper is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cooper has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cooper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cooper to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Cooper's Performance
in dawsonville, ga |
Dr. Cooper cares for my father and me, for different issues. Time and experience solidified my trust in his judgment. He is compassionate, intuitive and very observant. I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Cooper. Everyone who works here, from the EMG tech, Lynn, to the nurses, to the front desk, has been so friendly and helpful, putting me at ease and making me leave with a smile or laugh. I truly think this is an exceptional doctor who has formed an exceptional practice/staff.
Cumming, GA |
I fired him! Took my 3 years of records and went to find someone knowledgeable and CARING! Dr Cooper is crass and arrogant. He was more interested in pushing pills than giving me a correct diagnosis. Be very careful if you choose him. I RARELY write bad reviews but hoping to save you time and money through my honest review.
in Ball Ground, GA |
Dr Cooper diagnosed me with mild cognitive impairment, Ataxia and idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. He has been kind and understanding. He asked questions that no previous doctor has asked, and helped me piece the puzzle together. I highly recommend Dr Cooper. I'm strong headed, stubborn, and opinionated. It takes a lot to impress me.
in Ball Ground, GA |
Dr. Cooper is a dedicated Physician who never stops trying to make his patients lives better. I would recommend him to everyone who has neurological problems. He has never given up on me and has made my life better even though I have numerous issues and very complicated to treat. Danielle
Cumming, GA |
I highly recommend Dr. Cooper. He diagnosed me correctly. Other doctors missed my MS but Dr. Cooper realized it. He saved my life. I am so glad to have found a doctor that listens to me.
in Sugar Hill, GA |
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He's an arrogant know it all. He's lazy and doesn't want to be bothered with phone calls from concerned parents. Dr. Cooper has no compassion. He definitely should not be seeing children with his lack of caring about anybody. We will NOT be back!!!!!!
Atlanta, GA |
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Cooper. I strongly recommend him!
in Cornelia, GA |
Dr. Cooper has been one of the kindest and attentive doctors I have seen in a four year period since having issues. He is respectful, he is courteous, soft spoken, empathetic and proactive. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. His staff and team are equally as impressive. They say you can tell the quality of a doctor by the efficiency and friendliness of his staff. They are both efficient and friendly. So grateful for them.
in dawsonville, GA |
Short story: I have difficulty walking. After 3 neuros dismissed me, I got a recommendation from a friend for Dr. Cooper, however, dementia hit my dad, so I took Dad to see Dr. Cooper first. He is serious/attentive/respectful/pragmatic. My disease progressed and my rheumatologist said it was neuro time again. Of course, I saw Dr. Cooper. He is the only one who ordered/performed an EMG which verified the damage I had. I trust him completely and am so *grateful* to him, his team and his staff.
in Milton, GA |
Dr. Cooper has been so helpful with my illness. He is very kind and such a good Dr. His staff is hired by the hospital so they can be difficult but I believe they are overwhelmed st times. I definitely would refer family and friends but with a warning to be patient because it's a very busy office
in Buford, GA |
It was next to impossible to get messages Dr. Cooper. When I called the office, they would transfer me all over the entire hospital. Dr. Cooper worked with me at the beginning of me seeing him, but it ended with him saying my migraines were not severe enough for my own dorm room, when I had ended up in the hospital because of them every week for a month. I have already told several people not to visit because it is a waste of money.
in Gainesville, GA |
Worst-ever experience with a doctor's office. I had difficulty getting my 85 year old mother-in-law to the appt this morning but we made it 16 minutes early. We arrived at 7:29 for a 7:45 appt. Fog, traffic, buses, a full parking lot after dropping her and her walker at the door were bad enough but then she got carsick. So, bc we were not there 30 min ahead of the appt to do paperwork we were turned away. No compassion or help offered. Reschedule they said. Not a chance. Go fly a kite.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I have never met a more condescending, egotistic, disdainful doctor or staff in my life. I agree with everything said in every negative review here. I have never left a negative review for anyone or any company in my life except for the google review I left for this same practice. However, after our horrifying experience there, I feel compelled to leave this one. Run, don't walk away from this practice.
Cumming, GA |
Such a disappointment. Anyone who visits a neurologist has serious concerns. How unnerving to be pushed in and out without Dr. Cooper appearing to listen or care. Payment seemed the biggest issue with staff and doctor.
in Cumming, GA |
I do not like to write a negative review but this I must. We went to Dr. Scott Coopers office for almost a year with absolutely NO compassion, NO help, and NO organization. Really in every way (including the dose of medicine) the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing. We advise----- stay clear of this place! We went to a new Doctor and within 1 hour had help, hope, a direction for positive results, ALL with 100% compassion to help. Many thanks
in Cumming, GA |
Unfortunately, I have seen too many doctors recently and there is zero doubt about it, this is the most unprofessional, least classy, joke of a medical practice. I am astonished that this place remains open! If you need the office staff to help you with anything at all, best of luck. All you will get is the run around until you finally give up. I would not take my dog to this place, trust me, drive on to the next one.
in Tucker, GA |
Office is clean, and staff is friendly. Very quick bringing you back and taking vitals and doing preliminary stuff. Then, they ask you to take your clothes off. Two different people come in to explain why. When you refuse, Dr. Cooper comes in and gruffly tells you that in order for you to get a full, comprehensive exam, you have to undress. When you refuse, he tells you (and I quote), have a nice life. Dude is a first-class jerk. Avoid.
Cumming, GA |
Dr. Cooper was straightforward with me in discussing my condition. He has successfully treated me for potential seizures for the past 4 years. Like any doctor, you need to be prepared to tell him ALL your issues so that he can properly diagnose and treat your issue.
in Canton, GA |
Dr. Cooper treated my dad for old age dementia and always treated the whole patient. If my dad looked pale, he ordered blood tests. I had migraines at the time and switched my own care to Dr. Cooper, who found a medicine that cut my migraines by 2/3 with almost no side effects. Better then any other neurologist or doctor managed to do.
in Buford, GA |
Cooper is one of those dinosaurs who hardly reads medical journals. He isn't up to date. He is also easily threatened and insulting. He denied further tests, even though I have legitimate reasons warranting an MRA. He also blunty denied that a cerebellar hypoplastic condition is a form of encephalopathy. Therefore, he needs to get himself familiar once again to medical texts. And your oath isn't a promise you should ever break. Treat your patients with dignity.
in BUFORD GA |
He insulted me a few times, was told to take off my clothes... And he refused to order necessary tests. My patient chart as well has history warrants it. Any reasonable doctor would have ordered the MRA. Do not recommend this doctor. He needs to go back to school or simply read the bountiful journals of health and science breakthroughs. Don't be a dinosaur.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Cooper, MD?
Are you Dr. Cooper?

Compare Dr. Cooper

Dr. Cooper's Care Philosophy

Dedicated to caring.

Dr. Cooper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Northeastern Hospital
    Medical College of Georgia
    University of South Alabama
    Boston University School of Medicine

Dr. Cooper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cooper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology