Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Scott Cohen, MD
Dr. Scott A. Cohen received his Medical Degree (M.D.) from the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn College of Medicine. In addition, he received his Dental Degree (D.D.S.) from the Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery. Dr. Cohen completed his General Surgery internship and post graduate training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City. He is a Diplomate of the America Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesia, a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners as well as a Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

35 W Main St Ste 101

Denville, NJ 07834

• Guardian
  • MetLife
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Head and Neck Surgery
Wound Repair
Fracture

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Brow Lift
  • Chemical Peel
  • Chin Implant
  • Cleft Lip and Palate Repair
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Conscious Sedation
  • Liposuction
  • Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Neck Lift
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Preparation for Alveolar Cleft Repair
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Surgical Biopsy
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• SUNY Stony Brook U
  • Mt Sinai Hospital Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Mt Sinai Hospital Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Cohen's Performance
in Mt Tabor , NJ |
I was so scared to have my wisdom teeth extracted but I must say it was a breeze! Dr cohen made me feel so comfortable and I had such confidence in him! I would highly recommend!
in Fairfield, NJ |
I would not go to anyone else! Dr. Cohen was AMAZING with both of my kids’ surgeries so when I was in need I did not think twice even though he was out of network for my insurance. It says a lot when a kid loves a surgeon!!! He is funny, gentle, brillian (perhaps not the best singer lol!!). His staff is equally awesome! I was not even nervous. Thank you Dr. Cohen and staff!
Absolutely Outstanding! Dr Cohen is very caring and understanding. Victoria and the staff are excellent. I needed care for an issue promptly. I was cared for and all the procedures explained with great compassion, depth and love. The quality of the Dr and staff is superb. I felt as if I became part of their loving family from my first visit. Thank you!
Morristown, NJ |
Had a wisdom tooth removed today. The office is clean, office staff are friendly and efficient. I was in and out in under an hour with followup instructions in hand. Not at all like pulling teeth! ????
in Lake Hopatcong |
I have now undergone my second procedure with Dr. Cohen. It was almost a year between the two. I did not know what to expect the first time and I was a little nervous. Dr. Cohen and his staff really made me feel as though I was their only concern. I would say on a 1-10 scale the discomfort during the procedure is maybe a 2. I never had to take anything for pain afterward. Great staff, beautiful office and great results.The fact that he is an MD was important to me. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen
in Rockaway |
Very professional, Doctor new a lot and made me feel very comfortable for my surgery
in Denville, NJ |
Staff is very professional. Great office experience. Dr Cohen is the best around.
in Hackettstown |
The staff was helpful with scheduling and I was able to get into the office quite quickly. Doctor Cohen explained everything that would happen from start to finish with my wisdom teeth and he was right! Everyone was so nice and really cared about how I was doing. The office even called my home to see how I was doing after my surgery! Like I told them, it was uncomfortable, but I expected that. Glad I went to Dr. Cohen instead of an in network dentist.
in Rockaway, NJ |
I'm so glad I called this office. Throughout the years I have seen a few different specialists for teeth issues. I have never meet such a great practice until today! I had a medical emergency that needed to be address quickly and that is exactly what this practice did for me. They fit me in right away even though I wasn't an existing patient. The office is very clean and updated.All the staff that I met today were obviously knowledgeable and caring.
in Providence, RI |
everyone in the office is so nice and are there to really help you, and care about your well being. I got my wisdom teeth taken out here and it was the most comfortable procedure i could have had done.
in Denville, NJ |
We consulted with Dr. Cohen for wisdom teeth extraction for my daughter (17), and though he seemed competent, his fee was high. He and his staff pushed for a general anesthesia for a routine 4 tooth extraction, and the estimate was close to $3000, including an $1100 co-pay. We chose to go with my husband's dentist, paying 1/2 the amount for an excellent experience. My daughter had a local anesthesia and speedy recovery; she used Percoset just 1 day and was pain free by day 3. It pays to shop!
in Warren County, NJ |
Absolutely amazing from the minute I called until my surgery was over
in Budd Lake, NJ |
Had an extraction with a bone graft being prepared for a dental implant. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and reassuring the staff is. Dr. Cohen and his staff are the most caring sensitive people I have had the pleasure of meeting for a Specialist. Everyone went above and beyond to make my experience a positive one. I was astonished at the fact there was NO PAIN after my procedure. I will bring both of my children to have their wisdom teeth removed. A++ for me!!!
in Denville, NJ |
Dr. Cohen and his staff are professional and friendly as well as very well educated. My experience was pleasant. All made me feel at ease, which believe me is not easy regarding surgical procedures. The procedure went well without a hitch! I highly recommend this office!
Phillipsburg, NJ |
Our experience with the entire office was awful. The staff spoke in a very condescending way and my situation was very serious( at least to me). It did not provide the needed info to be sure that my sons surgery was done properly since he has a debilitating disease and needed to be hospitalized for the removal of the infected wisdom tooth. I will never recommend or allow myself a 75yr old woman to be spoken in that manner again. The doctor would not even speak with me for five minutes. DR?????
in Roxbury nj |
I would not recommend .. Getting my records was very odd in the way it was handleld , in my opinion and my family agrees , and also notes were inaccurate .... I think the staff is very unprofessional... I will never step foot in that office again
Have you seen Dr. Scott Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?