Dr. Scott Beals, DO

Dr. Scott Beals, DO

Dermatology  |
Dr. Scott Beals, DO is a dermatology doctor who practices in Niceville, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Read his story

4566 E Highway 20 Ste 101

Niceville, FL 32578

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Centene
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Beals

See how frequently Dr. Beals performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Athlete's Foot
Folliculitis
Ringworm

Dr. Beals's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Beals' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Beals "Dr. Scott Beals is a board certified dermatologist who completed his dermatology specialty training at the University of Texas in 2002. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine in 1994, where he achieved academic honors, winning membership in Psi Sigma Alpha. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association and member of numerous other professional organizations. Dr. Beals grew up in Jamestown, New York. He played collegiate baseball at the University of South Alabama then went on to sign and play with the Cincinnati Reds. He completed his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1986 with a degree in Biomedical Science. He practiced as a Physician Assistant in the United States Air Force for four years. Dr. Beals went on to complete a 15 year career with the United States Air Force, where he practiced as a family physician and director of multiple medical clinics. He now has over thirteen years in private practice in Niceville, Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Crestview. He works two days a week in Andalusia, Alabama. Dr. Beals and his family live in Niceville, Florida. They spend much of their time on their horse and cattle ranch growing Angus cattle and training horses. Dr. Beals is an outdoor enthusiast whose hobbies include horseback riding, hunting, fishing and hiking. "

This content was provided by Dr. Beals "Our team seeks to provide you the highest quality of health care available. Whether its surgical, general dermatology conditions or cosmetic we offer the most advanced techniques in the area. We pledge compassionate, personal and timely care. Dr. Beals friendly staff is committed to the highest medical and educational standards to ensure that our patients have access to the most comprehensive medical information and care available. We want all our patients to leave with the feeling they had the highest of personal care."

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• USAF Physician Assistant Honor Graduate, 1986
  • National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society Psi Sigma Alpha, 1994
  • Air Force Commendation Medal, 1989
  • Summa Cum Laude - Kansas City University of Medicine Bioscience, 1994

Dr. Beals has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Beals does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Beals and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Beals' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Beals to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Beals' Performance
in Samson |
My 13 year old daughter has a suspicious mole on her back. Dr. Beals and staff agreed. Took a biopsy and the mole came back pre-cancerous. After discussing our family history of melanoma we agreed to monitor more moles. Love all the providers and staff. Very friendly and caring.
Niceville |
Suspicious lesion on the side of my nose, led Dr. Jones to schedule a biopsy for me with Dr. Beals who did an excellent job in "punching" my nose. Couple of stitches and a couple of weeks later, I was as good as new. Wonderful care.
in Paxton , Florida |
I am the one that encouraged my best friend to see this Dr when she could not get into her own. For a year she was misdiagnosed with shingles, bites, and ECT. This Dr came in and accused my friend who was covered from head to ankles in sores that she was a PICKER. Told her to admit it. What a jerk! Anyways she almost died in December because of UNDIAGNOSED form of staph. She also had a history of basal cell carcinoma. He dismissed her like trash. Her staph attacked her heart and lungs. A JERK!
in Niceville, FL |
excellent !
in Defuniak Springs, FL |
Dr. Beals is awesome!! I've been to numerous Dermatologist for the past 20 years and he was the first Dermatologist to really help me!! I highly recommend him for your healthcare.
Atlanta, GA |
I was really worried about this spot I had on my shoulder. I walked in to the clinic to smiling faces and when I met with the Doctor I felt like he really cared. It was a great experience and now I know I have nothing to worry about. I am glad I went and I would recommend Dermatology Surgery Center to anyone I know!
in Crestview Fl |
NEVER switch to this doctor. Before he ever saw her my mother had to pay $191 up front. Some bull story about medicare and Aetna not paying anyhow. When we went for a second visit to biopsy a couple of sites they wanted another 185. When she refused to pay it they came down to $50 something dollars. When the biopsy results came back there was another excision to be made, but Mother wanted nothing else to be done by this doctor. She could only imagine how much a surgery would cost
We are sorry that you felt the experience you had was negative. That was not our intention. Unfortunately, we have no control over the benefits of the insurance plan that your mother contracted with. We can only abide by the benefit guidelines that she signed up for, in order to file with her insurance plan. The rates collected for her services were provided to us by her insurance plan.
in Niceville, FL |
I had a sore on my leg that that Dr. Beals decided to watch for two months. At my insistence, a biopsy disclosed a basil cell carcinoma. The cancer had grown to such size that after excision, he referred me to a plastic surgeon for treatment . Disgusted, I moved my records to Coastal Dermatology .Yesterday, Dr. Adams of Coastal removed a basil cell cancer from my face The cancer was under scar tissue of a previous surgery performed by Dr. Beals to remove a basil cell carcinoma.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Beals, DO?

Visit Dr. Beals

Dr. Beals accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Centene