Dr. Scott Albin, DO

Dr. Scott Albin, DO

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Albin & Associates 153 Main St Ste 1, Roslyn, NY 11576 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

We provide evaluation and management of mental health conditions to children, adolescents, and adults. In a warm and supportive atmosphere we deliver comprehensive evidence based treatment that is individualized to the needs to the patient. We accept patients of all ages and take a holistic approach that will take your concerns seriously.Read more

Dr. Albin's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Albin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Albin

Dr. Albin accepts 6 insurance carriers

6 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Albin

Dr. Albin's Review Details
4.6 based on 101 responses
Experience with Dr. Albin
Dr. Albin's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (76)
Franklin Square, NY |
Dr. Albin has a very gentle way about him. My daughter and I were comfortable with him instantly. Dr. Albin is extremely accommodating with regards to his office hours. He also replies to emails immediately. Would highly recommend.
in Hicksville, NY |
He has helped both my children deal w/ their problems and is always ready to speak on the phone if needed. He's an amazing Doctor
in Roslyn Heights, NY |
He was recommended by two people and was able to see my teenager within hours of contacting him. He is professional, approachable, easy to talk to and thorough. Conservative with medication which is a good thing. Definitely recommend him.
in Franklin Square, NY |
Dr. Albin, is very kind to my daughter who has Autism and his patience is remarkable. We appreciate that he will often have consultations with us on the phone when we are having an emergency with our daughter. The wait time in his office is minutes long and he respects the privacy of those who are waiting as well as those who are leaving his office. I will continue to recommend Dr. Albin to other who are looking for a Dr. who cares about his patients and their well being.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Met the man for 5 minutes and trusted him right away. He was highly reccomended by a friend and I see why. Doesn't talk to me like a Doctor. Talks to me man to man with compassion and understanding why the way I feel and do the things I do. He had me summed up in 45 mins and was 100% right. Id would definitely reccomended Dr. Albin
in Jamaica NY |
Dr. Albin is very easy to speak to. He knows your limits and doesn't push unless you're willing to give up any information. He allows you to express your feelings however you need to. He listens but provides hope and helps you gain a better frame of mind. I honestly leave his office feeling lighter. To me he's awesome and I would recommend him.
in Franklin square, NY |
Dr. Albin has helped our son with the right medications and has been supportive with fighting for school district services. He is also easy to talk to and found a common interest to connect with our son.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Dr. Albin relates to and addresses patients in a way that makes them feel safe and secure. His personality allows for comfortability and trustworthiness. His sense of humor allows the patients to feel at ease. He is readily available through email and he is extremely flexible in regards to scheduling appointments even when they urgent in nature. I would highly recommend Dr. Albin.
in New York, NY |
My Family's overall experience has been positive. Dr. Albin is approachable, flexible and trustworthy.
in Franklin Square, NY |
When you have a child that is yours and he or she displays behavior that you are not sure about, but you know there is something that you need help with, this is the doctor to see. Some do not like straight up and honest as most will not accept it, Dr. Albin is that type of doctor. Right to the point and amazing . My anxiety level was quite high as a mother of a child that I thought was suffering. First minute of meeting this man put me at ease.
New York, NY |
At a joint session with my young adult daughter, he expressed the opinion that because my daughter was not full-blown myxedemic, it was fine that she wasn't taking her synthroid. He rejected my concern that she might get HIV from her high risk boyfriend, and he labeled me OCD. He said that you can't catch HIV if the partner has undetectable viral load (false and dangerous belief). His arrogance and condescension were simply unbelievable. Stay away from this enabler.
in Port Washington, NY |
Dr. Albin has been a wonderful psychiatrist to work with. He has helped me to not only manage long standing mental health issues but also restore my self confidence and ability to push through the hard times (with success). Dr. Albin is trustworthy, kind, compassionate and flexible. I highly recommend him. :)
Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Albin was very easy to communicate with. My 5 year old was very comfortable with him and he spoke with her in a way that she could understand. I would recommend him in a heart beat!
Roslyn , NY |
Dr. Albin is a caring physician who truly appears to have the best interest of his patients at heart. He is kind and knowledgable. I would easily recommend him.
in Merrick, NY |
Dr. Albin has always taken a investment in my son and he has been his patient for 2 years now. He is thorough and does not just give an answer you'd like to hear, but rather what is in the best interest of child/patient. He has also been a great advocate when it comes to help needed with school meetings and intervention.
in Roslyn, NY |
My husband has been seeing Dr.Albin for over a year. We have found Dr.Albin to be easy to talk to and very accessible. My husband who was been to may Dr,s fins Dr.albin to be one the best, he looks forward to going to him, and finds him easy to talk you
Very calming, reassuring with a more friendly approach, not over clinical and really listens.
Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Albin makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. He does not rush you.
Bellmore, NY |
Dr. Albin has a way of connecting with your child to gain his/her trust so they will share with him what's going on without making it seem like therapy.
in Levittown, NY |
Dr. Albin is an amazing person. He is nothing like we expected from a psychiatrist. He is warm, engaging, funny and personable. My son connected with him instantly and opened himself up. His advice for me as the parent is not antagonistic nor is it full of blaming or shaming. He is truly interested in helping families communicate and succeed. I love that he actually TALKS with us and listens. He is not quick to slip a med on as a fix all (which is amazing). His office is inviting and warm.
Oyster Bay, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Albin. After many years of trying to find a Psychologist for my teenage child who has ADHD and is mildly autistic, we hit the jackpot. From our first visit, we knew he was a great fit for our child and our family. He spends a great deal of time with my child during visits. We have had situations where we needed to contact him after hours and he was there for us. He is very knowledgeable about medication and carefully prescribes, when needed. His hours are great
Pine Grove, PA |
I definitely recommend Dr. Albin to those who are looking for someone trustworthy, insightful and just great at their job. He really knows how to make you feel comfortable and is very qualified to help you with many issues. He has been very flexible and willing to do phone sessions as well as in person appointments. He is truly all about the well being of his patients and has been a great asset in my life.
Dr. Albin is very caring and empathetic. He is very easy to talk to, very supportive, knowledgeable and a genuinely nice person. I would highly recommend him.
in Long Island, NY |
I visit Dr. Albin for help with my anxiety and depression. It has been about three years. Since the start he has been honest and mind opening. He is the type of Doctor you want to be treating you because if he could help you with medication he will. Genuine open-minded man with a lot of heart. He is a great guy who cares about each patient who walks in and does everything he can to help you overcome your obstacles. Also he's the man...
in Franklin Square, NY |
My 17 year old starting seeing Dr Albin in June of 2015 and Dr. Albin has helped him deal with his anxiety and depression. My son feels comfortable talking with Dr. Albin and I've seen an improvement in his behavior. My son's appointments with Dr. Albin have always been on time. I highly recommend Dr. Albin to anyone who needs psychiatric help especially children and tees.
Easy to talk to, understanding, and knowledgeable doctor!
I had a visit with Dr. Albin for the first time and off the bat he made me feel super comfortable. Dr. Albin is clearly very educated, sufficient, and funny too! He was able to explain things to me in a way that I was able to understand. I enjoyed the fact that he really listened to what I had to say, and went through a thorough medical history with me. I look foward to another visit and would absolutely recommend him to others.
in Hicksville, NY |
Once I was able to get an appointment since he opened up his practice, it was a very quick process. He's very patient with two ADHD children at the same appointment. He's attentive and listens to needs and works with us as a family.
in Massapequa, ny |
Dr. Albin is very personable and caring. I was very comfortable within minutes of our first session. Many positive improvements have been made thanks to his help. I definitely reccomend him to anyone.
in Pleasantville, NY |
Doctor Albin is a great Doctor. Simply. He has all the credentials, all the training, all the treatment plans, medical know-how, scientific facts, etc. But he also has something which can't be taught, and must simply be earned - trust. And he has my trust. It may not be framed on his wall, or in his resume, but it's there. It's not talked about during sessions, but it guides the treatment. It's not prescribed, but it cures just the same. And it's a big part of anyone's treatment. Thanks Dr.
in Manhasset, NY |
Above and beyond.... Dr. Albin, is professional, compassionate and has helped both my child and me with some difficult issues. He is not quick to push meds, and actually listens... Dr. Albin has helped me in so many ways (without meds), and I am very fortunate to be his patient.
in New York |
He is very professional, he is kind and he genuinely cares about his patients
in Great Neck |
Dr. Albin always provides kind and compassionate care. He is supportive of his patients and their families. I would highly recommend him. He is an excellent Doctor.
in NY |
Dr Albin has been very supportive to our family when we have had challenges. He is always reachable and responsive.
in New York, New York |
I highly recommend Dr. Albin. He is kind, knowledgable, and relatable. I am really lucky to have found such an amazing doctor who understands me and makes me feel comfortable. He has helped me through my thoughts and has made me a better person. He listens and is not judgmental. I look forward to our sessions.
in NY |
Dr. Albin is a special person!!! He truly cares about the work he does and the patients he cares for. In my life I have seen 7 other doctors in this field and none could compare. AT ALL. As an adult I was recommended to him, and though he lists him self as pediatric, his work with me is helping and I'm making strides to a more sane existence.
in Great neck |
Fantastic Dr. Very understandable answer easy to reach.
in Great Neck, NY |
Dr. Albin is always accommodating to make time for me in his busy schedule. He has guided and helped me navigate through many life changing events including two children and two career changes. He is a wonderful Doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Williston Park, NY |
Dr. Albin has been my psychiatrist for over a year now and has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit and for every issue. He responds to emails and phone calls within the same day and is always available for my family and I at any given moment. Dr. Albin is extremely dedicated and knowledgable! My family and I can't fully express how grateful we are to have found a doctor who truly cares for my well being!
Dr. Albin has been a huge help especially with being available as I no longer live in the state. He makes time to schedule appointments and checks-in via phone and video-chat. He is extremely knowledgable and trustworthy.
in Roslyn, NY |
Dr. Albin is great! After many years struggling to find the right psychiatrist, I feel I've finally found the right fit! Dr. Albin is really easy to talk to and is extremely intelligent and creative in guiding me through problem-solving techniques and creating my personal toolbox of coping mechanisms. He's very compassionate and empathetic and always prioritizes the patients' wants, wishes, needs, feelings, etc. I am so glad I've found Dr. Albin and I would highly recommend him!
Dr. Albin has been a great advocate for our son as we navigate his journey with Autism. He has taken the time to speak to our son's teachers and therapists to target the areas where he needs the most help. We are grateful for Dr. Albin's guidance and his genuine concern for our son.
in Queens, NY |
My experience with Dr Albin has been incredibly refreshing and welcoming. Never feeling rushed out of the office, he allows me to feel at ease and be able to get things off my chest. He offers insightful feedback, some personal stories if it relates, and has a way of getting me to come out of my shell (which is a task in itself) without me even knowing. I highly recommend Dr Albin to anyone seeking this type of care.
in Rockville Centre, NY |
Dr Albin started seeing me at a very psychiatrically unstable point in my life and I am now much better off, largely due to his efforts.
Roslyn Heights, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Albin for his compassion and expertise in this field.
in Deer Park, NY |
My 13 year old son is suffering from depression and anxiety, I found Doctor Albin after being very unhappy with our first doctor. I have to say from the very first visit I was so impressed with Dr. Albin. I just knew I was dealing with a doctor who cared. The amount of time he spends at every visit with my son shows me we found an honest and compassionate doctor. Take it from someone who has experienced the worse that if Dr. Albin is your first choice you are very lucky to have found him!
Glen Head, NY |
Dr. Albin is a supportive, kind and patient professional who is direct and helpful. He is conservative with his use and adjustment of medications and is thorough with his follow up. Dr. Albin truly seems committed to his clients and his work.
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. Albin provided a safe place to honestly talk about my condition. He validated my feelings and made me feel confident about his ability to manage my medication and help improve my condition.
in Long Island, NY |
He listens to what I have to say and tells me what I need to hear not always what I want to hear. We work together on treatment and strategies. He has a firm and compassionate way of dealing with me and my child which my child responds well to. My child has made many improvements over the last couple of years of working with Dr Albin & his staff. When I am feeling overwhelmed he reminds me of the progress we have made and will continue to make by staying the course. I have recomended to friends.
in Levittown,NY |
Dr. Albin has a professional and courteous manner. He tries to be available when needed. Due to his vast experience and knowledge for special needs children, he understands and is able to recommend the appropriate therapy for each individual child. He has helped us in crisis situations with our autistic child.
Have you seen Dr. Scott Albin, DO?
Are you Dr. Scott Albin, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Albin

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anorexia
  • Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychotic Disorders

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine

Binghamton University (SUNY)

Graduated in 1998

• Graduate with Distinction, Unviersy of New England, 2005
    • Medical Student of the Year, University of New England, 2003
    • Outstanding Psychiatry Resident, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2009
    • Outstanding Young Physician, Zumbro Valley Medical Society, 2010

Dr. Albin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Albin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Albin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Albin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Albin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Albin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Albin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Albin's Care Philosophy