Dr. Sayonara Baez, MD

Dr. Sayonara Baez, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Sayonara Baez, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

130 S University Dr Ste B

Plantation, FL 33324

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Baez

See how frequently Dr. Baez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
high
Psychiatric Diseases
high
Nondependent Alcohol Abuse

Dr. Baez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Baez ""We believe in the positive changes than can come about from an effective and comprehensive intervention, and it is in this context of care that our services shine.""

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depersonalization Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Detoxification
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

• Autonomous University Of Santo Domingo (Uasd) / Department Of Medicine / Faculty Of Health Science
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Wake Forest University Bowman Gray School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Miami Jackson Meml Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Baez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baez to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Baez's Performance
    FAIR
in Plantation, FL |
She has provided me care via telepsychiatry and has been so far the most effective intervention in many years, highly recommended.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Baez for over a year now. Her staff has been incredible with dealing with my insurance issues and scheduling my appointments. Dr. Baez is the best psychiatrist i've ever had. She's very knowledgeable and cares about my needs as a patient. She's always made sure that I understand what my medication is for and what to expect while taking it. At each follow up visit she's always attentive and makes sure i'm comfortable with my medications.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Baez has bee attentive to my needs and more important has provided me guidance over the last ten years.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The physician help my depression tremendously, we worked for few months trying multiple medications and eventually we found the combination that has saved my life. She demonstrated good knowledge of her field, and was caring when I was struggling. She referred me to a therapist and eventually got me off medications, my experience was very positive and will recommend her without hesitation.
Fort Lauderdale, FL |
This was a terrible first experience with a psychiatrist. I was in the care of Dr. Baez for 2 months during which time the medication I was prescribed only made my condition worse. It is impossible to get anyone in touch with anyone from the office. When I finally saw her for my follow up she just wanted to increase my dosage of a med that clearly wasn't working. She seems too busy to deal with you as a patient. If you are looking for a Dr. who cares about your treatment, look elsewhere
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The doctor was very detailed oriented and make the effort to take a very comprehensive history. She provided me very well sounded advice and showed genuine interest in my well being but more importantly focus tremendously in holistic approaches as well.
in Hialeah, FL |
Bait and switch - we were given a price over the phone for a full treatment plan, but then they changed the plan in the middle of admission. Dr. Baez wanted us to pay for additional services to get to what was originally agreed. Entire staff was unable to follow their own plan, as it changed every day. Patients missed sessions because of changes to the schedule. The entire staff needs training in listening, spelling, etiquette, nutrition, time management and common sense.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
She does not get back to you. She shouldn't be a doctor. All she cared about was what was on the computer screen - I don't think she looked at me twice. I've called and was told I had to leave an email. It took 2 emails to finally get a response and that was with an attitude. I would never recommend her to anyone. Not even a dog!
New office staff is incompetent, anything having to do with prescriptions (refills, dosage changes, keeping up with what you are/are not taking) is just very, very slow. Appointments are difficult to reschedule. Trying to speak go a human being at the office when calling is near impossible, have go leave many voicemail and emails and hope they ever get back to you. Follow ups do seem incomplete and very brief, as a prior reviewer stated.
Very poor quality service and care. Calls to the office regarding serious medication side effects and interactions were not returned, an appointment was rescheduled without notice, with no provision made to avoid the resulting gap in medication, both the intake appointment and follow up were very brief and incomplete; the doctor displays no affect and appears to lack insight and interest in both assessing and assisting patients to reach the correct diagnosis and results.
Have you seen Dr. Sayonara Baez, MD?
Are you Dr. Baez?