Dr. Savan Patel, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Savan Patel, MD
Dr. Patel believes that every patient is different regardless of age, gender or activity level. Although he is Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, he treats athletes and non-athletes at all ages. He believes in joint preservation using operative and non-operative methods, focusing on the knee and shoulder. If patients do require it, he performs joint replacements. Dr. Patel treats patients with operative and non-operative methods utilizing the latest technology available including ultrasound injections, arthroscopic and open procedures. Dr. Patel has worked with athletes at the high school, collegiate and professional levels. He ensures his patients are completely comfortable with surgical and non-surgical methods. Being born and raised in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs, he has a particular connection with the community and strives to bring to the area the best care possible.

Dr. Patel's Experience

See how Dr. Patel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Patel is now accepting new patients
    Chicago Hand and Orthopedic Surgery Centers1419 Peterson Rd
    Libertyville, IL 60048
    (855) 469-6784Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Patel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
    Dr. Patel's Performance
    Arlington Heights, IL |
    The experience we had at Dr. Patel's office has been nothing less than outstanding. The staff is courteous and friendly. Dt. Patel explores all options and takes the time to present and explain them in language that you can understand, and lets you consider those that will provide the best results. We never felt pressured into accepting extreme treatments. He is open to all questions and answers them completely, and cares about the best outcome for the patient.
    in Schaumburg, IL |
    I'm very happy with Dr. Savan Patel's care. He is the best doctor that's taken care of me and he saved my life with my knee surgery. He explained all the medical procedures very well and I am extremely pleased with everything he's done. I highly recommend him as an orthopedic surgeon.
    Elk Grove Village, IL |
    No complaints. Surgery went well, subsequent checkups were as expected.
    in Glendale Heights, Illinois |
    Dr.Patel is the best!!!Very professional and great doctor i am very happy after the surgery he performed for my ruptured achilles tendon.Highly recommended
    Rolling Meadows |
    After my 7th patella dislocation MRI scan showed a tear in ligament. He just told me to continue physical therapy and that surgery is an option but he would rather wait and see “whether the dislocation would happen again.” I talked to 2 other doctors telling me that a surgery is a no-brainer considering the torn ligament and number of dislocations I had before. He is superficial in giving information & just didn’t seem too interested in helping. Would NOT recommend. He still has a lot to learn.
    in Arlington Heights, IL |
    I shattered my ankle and Dr Patel put it back together. I am very happy with the work he did to help me recover, starting with the surgery and subsequent guidance to get back to 100 percent. I highly recommend Dr Savin.
    in Arlington Heights, IL |
    Dr. Patel was the surgeon assigned to me due to fractures in my ankle. I have found him to be extremely competent and readily accessible. He is willing to spend as much time as necessary to answer my questions. He truly seems to enjoy his work. His staff is excellent as well, especially his nurse, Eva, who displays compassion and caring in all that she does. Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Patel. He is a fine young surgeon with a brilliant career ahead of him.
    Buffalo Grove, IL |
    My daughter broke her arm and we were told in the ER that she needed surgery. We met Dr. Patel in the ER and he performed her surgery on her arm and placed 3 pins around her elbow. Dr. Patel was professional and made all of us feel at ease with the process. My daughter is only 7 and she felt very comfortable during each appt with Dr. Patel.
    in Palatine Il |
    Dr.Patel was very profesional, caring and concern about my broken ankle. He explained clearly what was happening , what I needed to do to to help heeling and how long it my take . He fallowed my progress and didn't rush it allowing me to heal properly. All appointments were made to my convinients. I was always seen right away and nessesery paper work was filled and faxed to my employe in timely manner That make my recovery less stresful.
    in Schmidt |
    He fixed my ankle. Staff was excellent. Had no issues. Highly recommended.
    in Kralz |
    Explained my knee problem very well, surgery went well. He treated me with respect.
    Have you seen Dr. Savan Patel, MD?
    Are you Dr. Patel?

Dr. Patel says...

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Broken Arm
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Rotator Cuff Tear

Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine and Science
      Michigan State Univ
      Michigan State University
      University Of Chicago Medical Center
      Purdue University / Main Campus

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery