Dr. Saulat Mushtaq, MD

Rheumatology | Female

ST LOUIS MEDICAL CLINIC 3009 N Ballas Rd Ste 100B Saint Louis, MO 63131 Get Directions
Dr. Saulat Mushtaq, MD

Dr. Saulat Mushtaq, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Mushtaq is affiliated with Missouri Baptist Medical Center.

Dr. Mushtaq's Experience

See how Dr. Mushtaq's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mushtaq

Dr. Mushtaq accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Mushtaq is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mushtaq has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mushtaq's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mushtaq to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Mushtaq's Performance
St Louis, MO |
This Is the worst Dr I have ever had. First she walks in the room "hey." Never introduced herself. Sits down and spends more time on her computer. God only knows what she puts in there. She claimed I had chest pain which I didn't. Then "assumed" I had a anxiety attack for a recent hospitalization which was really a lupus flare up. Then when I asked questions she became defensive nor gave me any of her medical advice. She would ask me what meds I wanted and give me something to read...etc
St Louis, MO |
Not only does she not remember me, regardless that I have been in there 3 times in just over a year, I went in for a medication/biologic renewal and she decided to start over with me since, although diagnosed by two other drs over 10 years, now I look fine. So biologic pulled and getting a new dr.
in St Peters, MO |
I found Dr. Mushtaq to pay attention to my symptoms, consider family history carefully (what I'm experiencing is exactly what my mother dealt with at age, when there was no standard treatment), order appropriate blood tests and ultrasounds to pinpoint the affected joints, and prescribe new medications that have been helpful. Her qualifications and experience in geriatrics, in addition to rheumatology, seem helpful as I age. I would recommend her to others having joint and age-related issues.
St Louis, MO |
Didn't listen to my concerns of symptoms that could be another autoimmune disease because "it's rare", even though a rheumy who saw me while I was traveling said symptoms were 'classic'. I also had a mini-stroke days prior (symptom of the other disease), & stopped meds til speaking with her. She scolded me, "it's NOT the meds that caused this! You NEVER stop them!" She also refused to acknowledge the stroke was connected so I saw the neurologist w/no rheumy support. I'll never go back.
in Sullivan,Mo. |
I was asked why I was there. Then (this was my first and only appt.) She stayed on her phone texting the entire time I was in the room. I felt she had some where else to be and I was NOT important. Do not go to her!!!
in Springfield |
I'd like to leave 0-stars. Mushtaq has a terrible attitude to match her ignorance. She ignored half of what I said about my symptoms, insisted that the rest was insignificant, and, initially, said that my symptoms're nothing compared to those of others. 3 times, she said "It's incurable, what do you want?" When I tried to show my skin symptoms, she laughed. When my anxiety made my pain worse - laughter. She insinuated I'm a liar & trying to get disabilty. Asked about PT - she said it's pointless
in Rolla, Mo |
Impressed by her aggressively tackling my problems from the start
New York, NY |
Horrible! She came into the room, asked me why I was there (after my records and labs had been at her office for a week), got on the phone to discuss another patient, hung up and immediately began texting her husband. Became very angry when I said I was leaving and told me repeatedly I'm a doctor, I need to be available to take calls. Then she proceeded to tell me that I most likely have fibromyalgia, lupus, and that if I don't take a biologic with my methotrexate that I will be disabled.
in Ballwin, MO |
Continually late for scheduled appointments ( a minimum of a 45 minute or more wait.
in Saint Louis, MO |
I was referred to Dr. Mushtaq after multiple doctors failed to do anything for my pain. Within 2 minutes of meeting me, she knew I had RA. Within a month of going to her, my pain was completely managed. All following check ups over the next two years were great. I'm so grateful.
Have you seen Dr. Saulat Mushtaq, MD?
Are you Dr. Mushtaq?

Compare Dr. Mushtaq

Dr. Mushtaq's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Mushtaq has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mushtaq's Board Certifications

• Geriatric Medicine
  • Rheumatology

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Behçet's Disease
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Still's Disease
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Mushtaq does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mushtaq and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology