Cardiology  |
Dr. Sasrutha Wickramasinghe, MD
Dr. Wickramasinghe earned his undergraduate degree at Stanford University and his MD and PhD degrees from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore. He completed his internship and residency training in the Osler Medical Service of the Johns Hopkins Hospital and fellowship training in Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology and Structural Heart Disease at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. While at Johns Hopkins University, he was named Merck Scholar and the recipient of the Firestone Medal for Research. Board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, and Echocardiography, Dr. Wickramasinghe treats patients 18 years and older with a focused interest in providing comprehensive cardiovascular care. His clinical interests include coronary artery disease, structural heart disease, including transcatheter valve replacement (TAVR), as well as peripheral arterial and venous reflux disease. Dr. Wickramasinghe emphasizes patient centered shared decision making, the importance of being a careful listener, and a good communication with all of his patients. Dr. Wickramasinghe is an elected fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He also serves as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Medical School, where he explores his research interests in analyzing predictive and prognostic biomarkers of cardiovascular disease utilizing a comprehensive biorepository. Originally a native of Sri Lanka, Dr. Wickramasinghe lives in Sugar Land with his wife and two children. In his spare time he enjoys photography, filmmaking and traveling with his family.

17520 W Grand Pkwy S Ste 400

Sugar Land, TX 77479

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • HAP Insurance
  • Humana Health Plan of Texas

Learn about Dr. Wickramasinghe

I believe in caring for my patients through being a good listener, providing comprehensive cardiovascular care.

Dr. Wickramasinghe's Experience

Dr. Wickramasinghe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Atrial Fibrillation
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Chest Pain
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Syncope
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

• Cardiovascular Diseases-Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Interventional Cardiology-Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Wickramasinghe has no media or publications listed.

• Sinhala

Dr. Wickramasinghe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wickramasinghe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wickramasinghe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wickramasinghe to family and friends
Dr. Wickramasinghe's Performance
in Richmond, TX |
I took my dad to see Dr Rasi. He is smart, kind, caring and very compassionate. He has a very busy waiting room, and despite having to wait for a long time to see him, I was happy that when we sat with him he gave us his undivided attention despite it was past his office closing time. I don't think they make doctors like him anymore. no question he's the best cardiologist - and the best doctor i've ever had for my family. Christine and Kassie in his office are total gems to work with.
in Richmond, TX |
Excellent Doctor. Very trustworthy.
in Richmond, TX |
Dr Wickramsinghe is one of the best doctors I've been to. I found him based on the reviews here and I absolutely see why this is the case. His clinic staff is wonderful and were very courteous. I had to wait about 20 minutes to see him, but it was well worth the wait. He took his time with me and answered all my questions, and even gave his cell phone number to reach him. I've contacted him by text many times and he responds immediately. Probably one of the best heart docs in Houston.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I went to see Dr Rasi because I was sent to him from the Telfair Memorial Herman Urgent Care. He saw me almost immediately and was very thorough. I loved the fact that he didn't write or type anything while I was in the office. It was a detailed face to face discussion. He has very good bedside manner, is very smart and even followed up with me by phone after I left. I have not met a doctor like him in Sugar Land, and I have been singing his praises to my family since then.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr Rasi is wonderful. I'm hoping it's the same doctor that I saw since the first name here is different (he said his name is Rasi). He is very kind, very smart. Probably one of the best cardiologists in Houston.
in Missouri City, TX |
I went to see Dr Rasi because my father was seen by him at the Memorial hospital in sugar land. Wow, what a doctor. My last cardiologist in west houston spent literally 5 minutes staring into his iPad checking off boxes with me before waving me off. He was a completely different doctor. Very smart, very sharp and spent like 30 minutes with me in his office without writing anything down. And he gives his cell phone to his patients to call for an emergency. Now my wife switched to him too.
in Richmond, TX |
This is a fantastic doctor. His name is difficult to pronounce. He goes by Dr Rasi which I think is his nickname, but don't let that name fool you. He is an incredibly compassionate, talented and wonderful physician. We are very blessed to have him as our mother's cardiologist.
Have you seen Dr. Sasrutha Wickramasinghe, MD?
Are you Dr. Wickramasinghe?

See our Cardiology Specialist at West Houston Medical Center

Visit Dr. Wickramasinghe

Dr. Wickramasinghe accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA