Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Sasha Ristic, MD
Dr. Sasha Ristic, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Poughkeepsie, NY. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Ristic is affiliated with HealthAlliance Hospital - Broadway Campus, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Northern Dutchess Hospital and MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center.

1910 South Rd

Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Ristic

Dr. Ristic's Experience

Dr. Ristic's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Ny and Presby Hospital
  • Ny and Presby Hp Columbia Campus

Dr. Ristic has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ristic does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ristic and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ristic's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ristic to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Ristic's Performance
in Hopewell jct nY |
Dr Sasha Ristic is a true gift from god I had a horrible accident compound break in my left arm and shattered my wrist , Dr Ristic and is staff where comforting attentive and surgery was painless and recovery has gone very smoothly . The facility is spotlessly clean state of the art , comfortable and everyone working there extremely kind and helpful . I highly recommend him and his staff Cindy Vlajnic
Poughkeepsie, NY |
Best hand surgeon in the Hudson valley!! Hands down ! He treated me with care and my surgery was done with excellence. I would highly recommend him to a loved one. Thanks Dr. Ristic
Poughkeepsie, NY |
I came into the office for an appointment after I hurt my hand. The wait time and his nurses were very kind and friendly. Dr Ristic came in the room was able to tell me what was wrong with my hand and the proper treatment to get it better. I highly recommend this doctor. Best in the Hudson valley.
in Poughkeepsie |
i went to dr ristic for wrist pain. He flew in the room, promptly scheduled me for surgery before i could ask him a question and left the room 5 mins total. I cancelled the surgery because I wanted a second opinion. I just went back to ristic for my other hand, the doctor i had my other surgery with is no longer local. Ristic was rude, arrogant and told me to go see another doctor since i didnt trust him. I felt pushed the last time and i wasnt ready, and i deserved a second opinion.
in New Paltz, NY |
He was awful. I wouldn't go back to him or the ridiculous office he works for. I agree with Sherry's post ... He is the most egocentric arrogant doctor I've ever met. I only had to see him once for him to re-bandage a finger I sliced. I left the office, took off his bandage, re-bandaged it myself. If I needed a follow-up I would've found another doctor.
in Poughkeepsie NY |
He is the most egocentric arrogant doctor I've ever met. He walks in the room and if you blink, you missed him. He scheduled me for hand surgery without ever examining or even touching my hand. By the time I got home, I called the office to cancel the surgery. Wouldn't go to him if he was the last doctor on earth. Went to see another doctor and felt better in less than two weeks. NO surgery. AVOID this doctor!
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Very caring, empathetic MD. I highly recommend him as a doctor and surgeon
in Milton, NY |
Dr. Ristic was very kind, respectful, and helpful to my personal situation. He astutely diagnosed my problem correctly, which an MRI confirmed. He set me up with the proper molded cast/brace in order for my injury to heal correctly. I strongly recommend Dr. Ristic and I would not hesitate to use him in the future.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
I've had 2 surgeries(not his fault, I didn't listen and popped my internal stitches!)with Dr Ristic and absolutely LOVE him! He has great bedside manner. Being 20 years old I was terrified of my first surgery, by the next one I was a pro. He thoroughly explains everything he is looking at/what is going on/and what is going to happen. I recommend him to everyone I know and am always talking about how great my surgeon was. I work in a hospital and travel an hour 1 way to see him! Highly recommend
in Red Hook, NY |
If you need a personal touch, sympathy, in order to deal with your illness or disability, look elsewhere. Ristic is a driven, focussed expert, who tries, but is no nurturer. I'd say, he knows hands in and out, and he does hear a patient and then advise. And he will change his mind to meet your wishes. As a surgeon, my bet is that he's very skilled and not too ready with the scalpel. In a specialist, better smart and expert than supportive and sweet. (Go to your PCP for heart.)
in Kingston, NY |
No one should use this guy !!! Not sure he knows what he is doing !!!
Schenectady, NY |
Sasha Ristic told me I had a TFCC tear on imaging and that he would do arthroscopic surgery in order to debride the extra tissue, but said that he didn't think that it would likely help the pain at all. What he failed to mention is that the imaging report also had said that the wrist was subluxating/dislocating, which in fact causes the TFCC to tear, and that other doctors in the past misdiagnosed this. In fact, he then did a less effective test and redid the MRI without the dye, hiding injury.
in Redding, CT |
He was terrible. Just flew into the room, looked at my MRI, promptly recommended surgery, and flew out before I could even speak or ask a question. He has no people skills, and seems only to care about making money. Definitely not a healer. I would avoid him like the plague.
in New Paltz, NY |
He seems to recommend unneeded and expensive tests and wants to get out of patient room asap. With in 2 months I received: don't move your finger, get an MRI (I pushed back) okay, MRI not needed, wear a strap. Nothing. Then cortisone. Come back in 2 weeks. Nothing. Then, there is nothing I can do. I get the sense he's thinking about his investments and vacation plans when he's with his patients.
Beacon, NY |
very knowledgeable ,and honest, good surgeon and diagnostician for my wife
in Kingston NY |
Very bad Doctor
Have you seen Dr. Sasha Ristic, MD?
Are you Dr. Ristic?

Visit Dr. Ristic

Dr. Ristic accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO