Dr. Saro Avakian, MD

Dr. Saro Avakian, MD

Family Medicine  |

Saro Avakian MD Dr. Saro Avakian is Board Certified in Family Medicine. He completed his Residency in Ohio. Dr. Avakian earned his medical degree from Iran University of Medical Science in 1990, graduating in the top 5% of his class. He is also Board Certified in General Surgery from Iran University of Medical Science. Dr. Saro Avakian has acquired extensive knowledge and skills in all areas of Family Medicine. Due to his background in General Surgery he performs multiple office based procedures and minor surgeries in his office. Honors and Awards: Highest score in the Residency Program (Family Medicine In-Training exam, Ohio 2005) 94th percentile nationwide. Dr. Avakian strives for the highest standards in patient care and satisfaction. He is compassionate and detailed in his practice. Dr. Avakian and his highly skilled staff cultivate a caring and comfortable environment while utilizing the latest advances in medicine.

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Avakian

I seek to provide the most complete care to my patients in a caring and respectful way.

Dr. Avakian's Experience

Dr. Avakian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Skin Biopsy
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for California.

• Iran University Of Medical Science & Health Services, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Flower Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Flower Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Avakian has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian
  • Farsi

Dr. Avakian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Avakian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Avakian is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Avakian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Avakian to family and friends
Dr. Avakian's Performance
in Glendale, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr Saro Avakian to who are looking for a family doctor; I take my mother to his office and I have seen how he cares about his patients by doing routine checkups, following up previous problems and spending a lot of time with them to make sure about everything.
Burbank, CA |
We visited Dr. Avakian's office for a procedure. My wife had a recurring issue and Dr. Avakian immediately performed a few tests and diagnosed my wife's condition. More importantly, he told us what to do to improve her condition...and it worked! He took the time to explain the cause of my wife's issue so we would save a trip to his office in the future, should it come up again. I appreciated that.
in Tujunga, CA |
Very knowledgeable and humble human being. He has all the qualities of what a real doctor must have. He is experienced and take his time to have the correct diagnosis. He is not using try and error until he finds out what the issue is. He explains very clear so you can understand the issue and always give you tips to prevent any future illnesses. I have experinced his bed side manner when my father was in the hospital, which was wonderful. He is one of the best and I will highly recommend him.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Avakian is absolutely wonderful! He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, humble, caring and respectful to everyone. He listens, takes his time with his patients, and explains things clearly. He constantly goes to medical conventions, speaker programs and learns about new medicine so that he can give you the BEST patient care. The office manager, Angie, and the staff are also great! They've always treated my family and I with nothing but respect. Thank you all for all that you do :)
in MONTROSE, CA |
Dr. Avakian is a patient and knowledgable doctor. He answered all my questions with clarity. I recommended him to my husband.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Avakian is one for the most professional, caring and compassionate doctors around. From my experience he is always up to date with new medicine and technology and has his patients best interest at heart with this knowledge.
in Burbank, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr Avakian for almost a decade! A very knowledgeable and professional doctor.
in Glendale, CA |
I have been to many doctors in my life, and I found that unlike many doctors, money is not a priority for Dr. Avakian and his heart is truly into being a healer. If you want a brilliant, effective and down to earth Doctor who will simply give you some real time, attention and healing, go see Dr. Avakian.
in Granada Hills, CA |
He is one of the best doctor I know. He treat you as a family member. you can trust him like trust your family. he always take time to listen to your problem and also explain all the causes that you get the problem and the best solution. His opinion is always correct and he do his best for all patients. His office staff are excellent and provide the services which other doctors do not. Like call your insurance to change your plan to pay the lowest copay. I recommend him to every one.he the best.
in Glendale ca |
The Dr and the office is the worst ever that I met. Doctor is one of the careless person, never care about patients. He said patient go to ER, but not follow the patients problem in the hospital. We called his office because some medication should prescript to the pharmacy, not able talk to him for more than 2 hours after several times calling, he said you are doing harassent by calling and then said this is what it is if you don't like don't come to office. So unprofessional Doctor.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Hello my name is Rosa. I've been a patient of Dr. Avakian for the past 10 years. During this time it has been a great relationship between patient and doctor. He gives you more than enough time during each appointment for you to share your concerns, and always offers solutions for my well being. I always feel secure that Dr. Avakian will offer the best solution and treatment for me. He is the best doctor I've ever had. I feel blessed to have him as my health care provider.
in Glendale, CA |
Dr. Avakian was very patient with me. He answered all my questions and explained my options clearly. His advice helped me lose 30 pounds (without any medication). He truly cares about your well-being! Thanks, Doc!!
Glendale, CA |
Dr. Avakian has been my family doctor for the past few years. He never rushes in exam room and answers all my questions. He explains every medical issue thoroughly. There are Health Education Tablets in exams rooms with interesting material which makes the waiting time pass faster. The staff are caring and professional as well. I love my doctor.
in Glendale, CA |
Knowledgeable,professional and caring physician.He has been managing my medical condition very well.
Burbank |
Dr Avakian is a good natured, good hearted, very compassionate at the same time a down to earth doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Saro Avakian, MD?
Are you Dr. Avakian?