Dr. Sarika Desai, DO

CardiologyFemale

Dr. Sarika Desai, DO is a Cardiology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Desai to book an appointment.

Dr. Desai

Arizona Heart 360 PC

20045 N 19th Ave Ste 165 Phoenix, AZ 85027
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cardiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Desai's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Desai's Top Procedures and Conditions

Venous Insufficiency

Dr. Desai treats Venous Insufficiency more than 82% of her peers

Dr. Desai treats this condition more than 82% of her peers

Structural Heart Disease Evaluations and Treatment

Dr. Desai performs Structural Heart Disease Evaluations and Treatment more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Desai performs this procedure more than 80% of her peers

• Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Contact Dermatitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dehydration
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Emphysema
  • First Degree Heart Block
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Murmur
  • Heart Palpitations
  • HeartAware Online Risk Screening
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Overweight
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test
  • Pharmacologic Stress Test, Adenosine
  • Pulmonary Valve Disease
  • Second Degree Heart Block
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Septal Defect
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Venous Insufficiency
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Vertigo
  • Wheezing

Dr. Desai accepts

Dr. Desai accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Medicare

Dr. Desai's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Desai

10.344827586206897%

Dr. Desai
A trusted friend described Dr. Desai to me as a "Detective Doctor" who strives to identify and eliminate a disease rather than treat a package of symptoms. I went to her in that vein with a situation not involving the heart, but rather an ongoing digestion issue. She heard me out, asked several insightful questions, and proposed a course of action. And no sooner had I begun to follow the course she had laid out than she informed me that the answer had presented itself, and told me exactly what I was dealing with, what it meant for me, and pointed me toward a very competent specialist in gastroenterology who is hard at work setting me straight. Dr. Desai has been my Wonder Woman. She accomplished a diagnostic breakthrough which, over a dozen or more years, has eluded several GPs, two other cardiologists, and assorted other practitioners whose main interest has been to send me on my way so the next patient in the line could be brought in. Would I recommend Dr. Desai? Absolutely!
John Hall – Jul 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Dr. Desai was friendly, caring and professional right from the start. I felt at ease as she listened and kept asking questions. Dr. Desai has a quick mind and her expertise shines through. She clarified for understanding during the appt. She asked me what my expectations were. Then she went over a plan of care and our expectations and resources. I felt heard and part of my care team. I got diagnosed with Hyper POTS. Dr. Desai showed concern for me as a patient and a person. She gave me time to absorb it and understand the realities of the diagnosis. I’m so grateful that her cumulative actions had led me to a place where I already had confidence in her. With Dr. Desai you get her expertise but you also get a provider who cares about the whole patient. She advocates for POTS patients. She shows up and makes a difference. I highly recommend Dr. Desai. I don’t hesitate to assure you that like me you will also use her and her staff as the gold standard in comparison to other providers.
Tyra – Jul 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I was recommended AZ Heart 360 by my family practice doctor after experiencing a cardiological event. On my first visit with the cardiologist, I was charged $250 cash...for the initial assessment...but saw the doctor for about 5 minutes over a phone screen as they were implementing tele medicine. I was told to come back for additional tests which costed me another $366 cash. To conduct all of the tests, it took about a month and despite my several phone calls to the office, I was never able to get any answer concerning results or my health status. After a month from my initial visit, I was then scheduled for an additional "phone call" with the doctor to go over the results...but only if I was willing to pay $135 cash... An absolute joke!
RP – Jul 08, 2020
Rp, we are sorry you feel this way, however I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Dr Desai has been such a huge instrument in my health over the last few months. I really value her opinion and appreciate that she listens and discusses different treatment options and tests to ensure I am getting the best care. She spends time listening to concerns and is so thorough, I can't stress this enough. I have been in and out of many offices over the last year and I always know when I see Dr. Desai I am going to get an answer. Her office is so calming and her office staff is top notch. I enjoy coming to this office knowing my time is valued and I won't be stuck in the waiting room forever like most of my other Dr's. It feels great to be valued as a patient and have my time valued. If you are looking for an amazing cardiologist that truly values you as a person and is so well versed in many areas of the body, please go see Dr. Desai and her staff. I can't say enough great things!
HaakJ – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
do not trust your health to this office
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
As a professional in the health care industry, I can tell you first hand the importance of having a physician who treats the whole patient. Not just in and out of the office but spends time to listen and understand the entire picture. I have had the pleasure of having Dr. Desai as my cardiologist for many years now and can give her the highest regards. If you are looking for someone who will take the time, discuss all your treatment options and offer sound medical advice, look no further. If and when the time comes that you are in need of options, I highly recommend that you give Dr. Desai a try. I think like me, within the first appointment you will have found a positive and caring physician for life. Don't be just another number in the health care system, reach out to her office, set up an appointment and check it out for yourself. In any case I wish you the best of health and quality of life in the future, let Dr. Desai be apart of that equation.
Christopher A Maione – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I highly recommend Dr Desai. She is not only technically competent but she has a great personality and treats and cares for you like you are family. She takes time to educate you as she walks through your results, focuses on not only addressing the issue at hand but also preventing and reversing. I have recommended both my Mom and Dad to transfer to her. That is the highest recommendation I stand by.
  • Long wait times
Celeste Werner – Jul 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I never really thought about the real value of preventative cardiology, but too many young people ages 30-60 are having strokes and heart attacks these days. She took the time to order the right right lab tests to reveal any issues and then provided me a clear road map to maintaining and improving my heart and cholesterol health through life changes that I could control over the long haul. Very appreciative and feel confident that I'm on the right holistic and preventative path thanks to Dr. Desai.
Jason M – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Following some problems with my previous cardiologist, I researched other cardiologists., and turned up Dr. Desai's name, with her strong credentials. In early visits, I found her a very warm person and apparently astute at identifying my cardiac status, but I'm pretty healthy and thought maybe I might be an easy "test". Recently I provided a lipid panel for a routine visit to Dr. Desai. I'd been off cholesterol drugs for a couple of years, and my numbers were astronomical! She was horrified, telling me of a high risk of pancreatitis. I was put on Zetia that same day, and as soon as possible, I had my first Repatha injection. Her knowledge of the situation was fluent, and she explained everything. Later, she personally saw to a massive reduction in my Repatha cost. She takes the time for a full human conversation, and her immediate firefight in the case of my emergency was a strong measure of her genuine personal AND professional empathy.
Hugh Baird in Phoenix, AZ – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
She is so helpful and a great bedside manner and explains everything. I am so glad for her referral for a vascular specialist. My blood pressure does not go up before i get to her office like it does for other Doctors.
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I came to Dr. Desai for a simple EKG for clearence for spine surgery. Dr. Desai preformed her exam....highly professional and found a few issues that she is attending to now. I fine her willing to listen to my story, and then she informed me so I could understand her plan of helping me. I am thankful she has a preventative approach and the skills to solve my issues. I am so happy to have found her.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
So So overrated! It's all false marketing. These reviews must somewhat false... there is no way Dr. Desai deserves a High Rating. I was nice and polite but because I did not have a family doctor and did not sign a release form by accident for Medicare (which is not needed) she refused to treat me. She was easily offended and very insecure. I took a lot of time to type a complete cover letter for my visit... but she refused and/or would not take the time to read it. Bottom line ... she refused
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Dr. Desai saved my life by insisting on a cardiac CT when the hopsital cardiac staff did not offer it. The nuclear test, cardiac enzymes and ultrasound were all negative, but it showed a 70% occlusion that by the time I got a stent wes 90-95%.
Carolyn in Fountain Hills, AZ – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
The quality of my life has been significantly improved after seeing Dr. Desai. I have never had a specialist (I’ve seen A LOT) have so much compassion for the desperation I was experiencing. For the first time in my long journey of specialists who dismissed me, I felt like I had a doctor on my side who was willing to be on my team. Dr. Desai finding the POTS diagnosis and giving me a plan to treat has completely changed my life. I've gotten back a lot of the "me" I thought was gone for good!
Lisa Malone in AZ, AZ – Aug 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Desai is fantastic. She takes time to listen and explain matters. She is not a believer in "pill pushing" , preferring to focus on alternate preventive methods-- as long as such methods are effective. Dr. Desai is knowledgeable and just as importantly, truly cares about her patients. I consider myself lucky to have found her (my primary care physician referred me to her). I will recommend Dr. Desai to any friends or family who may need cardiac care.
Janet in Phoenix, AZ – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Great doctor ....very friendly...listens and explains in plain terms what needs to be done. Highly recommend.
Neil in Peoria AZ – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Dr. Desai was BY FAR the best doctor I've seen through out my journey to find out why i was feeling the way that i am. She is truly a brilliant doctor and made my appointment better than was expected. She made sure to explain everything in detail and inn a way that i could understand what was going on with my body.
McKenna in Peoria AZ – Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
Very impressed with her thoroughness, knowledge and approach! She is highly energetic and her enthusiasm is very encouraging!
K. Heames in Mesa, Arizona – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I am extremely impressed with Dr. Desai-she literally saved my life! Dr. Desai is so thorough, brilliant and helpful with names of other specialists in the field to coordinate comprehensive care for me. I have total in her care and highly recommend her to anyone for heart issues.
Betty Rice in Phoenix, AZ – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?
I heartily recommend Dr. Desai for any of your cardiology issues. She listens, is compassionate, and assertive with other providers in ensuring your health Issues are addressed. My brother-in-law and sister both have been treated by the doctor over the past three years and recommended her to me. She is excellent! In fact, after a CT scan test ,other tests and an angiogram, she replied to my telephone call on the weekend to ensure I was getting along okay. She is very patient oriented.
Michael Arkfeld in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sarika Desai, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Desai?

Listen to your patient and treat every patient like your family member.

As a non-invasive, preventative cardiologist, my focus is particularly on identifying risk factors early among individuals who may be at risk of developing...Read more

• Cardiology