Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Dr. Karuppiah
2801 Se 1st Ave Ocala, FL 34471

Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Ocala, FL and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Creighton University School Of Medicine medical school in 2008. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Karuppiah to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Karuppiah with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Ocala Regional Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Ocala Regional Medical Center today at (352) 403-2564.

These providers are on the medical staff of Ocala Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Karuppiah's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Karuppiah

Dr. Karuppiah

In my opinion, Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah is the best! After reviewing my x-rays and MRI he explained in detail what procedure would need to be done to correct my lower back problems which included multilevel degenerative spondylosis, degenerative disc herniation with deformity/scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, and severe spinal stenosis. It would require two surgeries separated by a day of rest because of the trauma involved. It is now 12 weeks after my surgeries and I have almost no pain. From our first visit, my wife and I were confident that Dr. SK had the expertise, skill and sincere desire to help me. He put us at ease and answered all of our questions. We were not rushed. I am very grateful and blessed to have been his patient! At 78 years old I am looking forward to more golf and a better quality of life. God Bless you, Dr. SK , and your amazing staff!
Tom Richards – Jan 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Dr. Kruppiah, Thank you for your great care. You are one who is attentive, knowledgeable, passionate, and caring. I met Dr. SK in 2017 with severe low back and right leg pain. He did my surgery and my healing began with only 1 1/2” incision. Again I called Dr. SK for severe neck pain and my left arm was numb all the way to the top of my hand. I also could not even sign my name almost not being able to read. After I woke up from surgery and was in my room (Advent Health Hospital) Dr. SK came to my room to check about me and I told him something Amazing! I could already feel my arm free from the numbness! I was set free ! I now can write my name clearly and I am free from pain. Thank you again and your staff; everyone was there for me when I needed you the most.
Jeanette Bomford – Jan 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Yes, I was confident Dr. SK would do a great job.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dec 31, 2021
Thank you for your kind words! We wish you all...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Doctor (SK) and his whole staff is absolutely the BEST I have ever seen, and I have seen many unfortunately. Advent Hospital is more like a 4star hotel then a hospital. If you have any back pain, please don't wait you must visit Doctor (SK)! From start to finish everything went quick and smoothly. Special Thanks to all!!
William (Gordon) Heise – Dec 29, 2021
Thank you so much for sharing this with us,...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
I was referred by a pain management specialist after several ESI's did not manage my pain for the long term. Both doctors recommended a laminectomy. My surgery experience was very successful and the overall experience was almost perfect. The doctor, his staff, as well as the hospital and staff were exceptional in taking care of me. My only critique, and it is small, is that I am particular about showing up on time for my appointments and being seen in a timely manner. That was sometimes not the case. If that does not bother you then there is nothing to make you think twice about doctor SK and his service. I am pain-free for the first time in years and for that I am extremely grateful!
  • Long wait times
CLD – Dec 20, 2021
We're glad to hear you had a positive experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
We are very grateful that we have a surgeon of Dr. Karuppiah’s skill, expertise and compassion here in Ocala. I needed a two-level minimally invasive fusion, but due to my age (65) Dr. SK thoughtfully scheduled one procedure for Thursday and one for Friday, to allow my body to rest and recuperate in between procedures. He also prescribed a back brace and a bone growth stimulator belt for use during convalescence, and even sought to help straighten my scoliotic spine during surgery. Finally, he set me up with in-home nursing and physical therapy care for weeks afterwards. The end result of all this careful attention to detail is that three weeks after surgery I am starting to feel the return of health and the slow but steady ebbing of pain. I have no doubt that I will feel like my old self soon and I look forward to returning to a happy, busy, active life. Thank you to Dr SK, Dawn, Velvet and the whole team for your excellent care.
Karen Kraushaar – Nov 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
I work at AdventHealth and have had chronic left side, arm and hand pain on and off for 5 years. Ive been misdiagnosed/dismissed by many other docs, told that I was having muscle spasms in the neck and back and that I needed a carpel tunnel release, or that I was lying or exaggerating and just wanted pain pills. NOT TRUE! An MRI finally validated me, C4-C6 discs all gone! Turns out I was in need of a cervical spine fusion ASAP. My coworker/friend Velvet setup the appointment and said she is totally amazed at how patients of his have came in unable to walk, severe pain, hopeless and now run the halls when they come back for their follow-up. She assured me Dr SK would fix me up. He was very compassionate and honest that surgery was best option , but due to severe nerve compression for so long, that I may not get 100% results but could see 70-80%. Immediately upon waking from surgery ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS ARE GONE. God worked a miracle thru this doctor and I got my 100% result! Thank you!
Wendy Bruno – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
I have been suffering from back pain for the past 7 years. Day by day, my pain was getting worse and it came to the point where I was unable to walk. As a result, I have lost my job and I have been staying at home for the past year. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah. When I went to Dr. Karuppiah and he explained the diagnosis, the treatment plan, and the risks and benefits in a simple and professional manner. I ended up getting back surgery and I am feeling much better now. I would like to thank Dr. Karuppiah for bringing my life back. There is no way words can express the gratitude I have for him. He is an excellent surgeon and a wonderful human being. His bedside manners, simplicity, knowledge, compassion, and honesty are essential qualities for a doctor. It is a blessing to have him in our community. May god bless him.
Sep 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Karuppiah for Neurological Surgery. Very knowledgeable, kind, frank, & caring.
Linda Riemer – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Sometimes you think that you have heard all that you can about doctors, about how good they are what they do, and how their staff is amazing and that they are the best and you would be wrong not to go to them, and you know what.....they would be right. I have never met anyone more passionate and caring than Dr. SK and his staff. I could never go to anyone else. I have complete trust, respect, and I honor a doctor that comes to you and gives you more than a five min. exam and doesn't push pain pills. He listens to every word you say, he expresses his every concern from the first consult in his office with his wonderful nursing and appointment staff, to the morning of surgery, to the 2 week follow up. I even kept the super glue that came off after surgery with his name on it as if it was an autograph of greatness, a master piece you might say. Thank you Dr. Karuppiah and Staff for giving me the chance to due things with my family again I haven't been able to do in a long time.
Betty Waters "Lou" – Sep 08, 2021
great
Jul 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Dr Karuppiah operated on my back. He advised me prior yo surgery exactly what he could and could not do! He did exactly what he said he could do. He is an excellent surgeon who provides specific information and gives you options. I am totally satisfied with what he was able to accomplish. It was even better than what I expected. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Karuppiah to anyone needing surgery!
Fred G Dresbach – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Dr. Karuppiah performed spinal stimulator implant surgery on me. He did an outstanding job. Very happy with his work and his office staff.
Charles Ogle – Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
V Dr. Karuppiah is a very caring physician. He has been extremely conscientious of my problem while performing biopsies and explaining steps that must be taken to cure my situation. He has coordinated exceptionally well with other doctors treating my multiple myeloma and has been in constant contact with these doctors on a regular basis. I am extremely pleased with him and would recommend him highly!
Jean Ward – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
To sum it up in a very few words my husband, who had a tumor removed from his brain, and I refer to SK as the miracle worker. I can’t say enough about the surgery, the stitches and the follow up visit/visits in and out of the hospital. He’s the best! We would rate him ten out of ten, eleven if possible and would recommend him to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon.
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Restored my ability to walk free from any pain. Back surgery involved some complications but I was able to walk immediately after leaving recovery room. Absolutely the best staff I've ever dealt with. Light hearted but caring and make you feel like you're the only patient in their world. Timely, no waiting. SK is also not 'cut happy' but also does not BS you--gets straight to the point.
Best doc and staff I've ever dealt with – Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Dr. Karuppiah performed spinal fusion on me. He explained the procedure and was very patient explaining the procedure. I was very fortunate my doctor referred me to him!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Excellent Dr. After looking at MRI of spine he knew I needed surgery. Had it done in Sept of 2018. Excellent care from Priscila, Sunny, Terry, Dawn and Ashlea, his office staff.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
Dr. SK is very a skilled & very kind/humble neurosurgeon. He immediately saw in my husband's MRI a herniation that other doctors didn't see (1 orthopedic surgeon & 1 Mayo Clinic/Jacksonville spine specialist). We opted for surgery & he performed a unilateral MIS TLIF. Only 2 wks post-op & my husband is now pain free for the first time in 8 months. His PA Priscilla is amazing! Dr. SK is a great neurosurgeon well-loved by his staff, hospital nurses, patients (us). We feel lucky to find him.
Hanh Vu – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?
This doctor made me wait for over 2 months for an appointment and I now have irreversible damage. Would never recomend him
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Dunnellon, FL – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saravanan Karuppiah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Karuppiah?
Provider explaining information to patient