Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Sarah Whang, MD
Dr. Whang was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in Cerritos, California where she attended Whitney High School. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of California, Los Angeles where she graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. She then attended medical school at the University of California, San Diego. Following a transitional internship, she received ophthalmology residency training at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Whang completed fellowship training in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Indiana University. She joined Children's Eye Clinic in West Des Moines, Iowa and practiced Pediatric Ophthalmology full-time from 2002 to 2009. In 2010, Dr. Whang moved back to California to be closer to family and is now in solo private practice. When she is not working, Dr. Whang loves to spend time with her husband and 2 children.

302 W La Veta Ave Ste 101

Orange, CA 92866

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Whang

Dr. Whang's Experience

Dr. Whang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Blepharitis
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Esophoria

• Extraocular Muscle Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for California.

• UCLA
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Minnesota Medical Center
  • Indiana University / School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Whang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whang to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Whang's Performance
in Villa Park, CA |
We have been coming to see Dr. Whang for almost 5 years now. She performed surgery on my oldest daughter. I wouldn't go anywhere else! She is so loving towards my family when we come in for our appointments. She is gentle and wise too. And Mary, who pretty much runs the front, has been so friendly. As a mom, I have developed a relationship with Dr. Whang (and Mary) and I enjoying seeing them when we come into the office.
in California |
Dr. Whang is the BEST! She is a godsend for my son. We started to see Dr. Whang when he was 2 for strabismus. From the very get go she was friendly, informative, and truly had my son's best interest at heart! He eventually needed eye surgery & from start to finish things couldn't have gone any better. My son is 5 now, & we still see her on a regular basis. I would recommend her without hesitation! It's hard to find someone to TRUST, especially when it comes to the care of your child! We Love her
in Brea, CA |
I have been beyond impressed with my experience with Dr. Whang and her office staff. Dr. Whang was recommended by CHOC, my pediatrician, families at my school and now I know why! She is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to answer every one of my questions and makes me and my son feel comfortable at every appointment. My son started wearing glasses at 2 years old and had eye surgery at 5 years old for strabismus (eye crossing). Now, my son maintains perfect alignment thanks to Dr. Whang.
Tustin, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Sarah Whang. She is kind, personable, and extremely knowledgeable regarding her field of study. She has performed surgeries on both of my daughters, ages 5 and 10. My oldest has an issue with reoccurring Chalazions, so I have been to Dr. Whang's office a few times. She is always sharing research on options I can try for home treatment. With her most recent treatment suggestion working WONDERS. The decision for surgery was always left up to me. She is a wonderful dr.
in Santa Ana, CA |
Dr. Whang explained everything to my wife and I in detail about what needed to be done to help our son ans his eye situation. The staff is very friendly and made everything for us easy. Great experience and most of all my sons outcome was a success and we are so happy.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr Whang has been absolutely wonderful with my son. There is never a wait, she spends plenty of time with you making sure you understand exactly what is going on with your child and the kids love her. Very friendly and helpful office staff as well.
Have you seen Dr. Sarah Whang, MD?
Are you Dr. Whang?